Tuesday, May 7, 2013

30 Day About Me Challenge


I figured that since I'm still in the beginning phases of this blog, I should do an about me challenge. Only seemed fair to allow people to get to know me just a bit.

1) Basics about myself:
I'm Kristen. Almost 19. I'm a brunette with red bangs. Brown eyes. Average height. Musician- violist. Dapple in piano, guitar, and ukulele. Just finished my freshman year of college. Music and Psychology major. My friends say I have a grunge look going on. I obsess over McFly, Harry Potter, and guys in bands (I love pop-punk and post-hardcore). Uhhh... yeah.

2) 10 likes and dislikes:
Likes: Red. Vans. Reality TV (competitions. NOT Jersey Shore crap). Horses. 80's Movies. Piercings. Hot Topic. Pizza. Procrastinating. Sleeping.
Dislikes: Pink. Dressing up. Birds. Rap. Being uncomfortable. People... sometimes. Really girly girls. Vegetables. Iced Tea. Doritos.

3) Your day, in great detail:
Monday, May 6, 2013. I woke up around 12:30. Got out of bed and went downstairs to watch TV. I watched a show about 40 celebrity breakups, Cyberchase, and Maury (quality TV, I know). During this, I also cooked a Totino's pepperoni pizza and ate it. I then showered/washed face/ brushed teeth, etc. and my mom and I went to a music store downtown, where I was PLANNING on buying sheet music... but they didn't have it, so I have to wait a week. Then we went to Walmart and McDonalds, then back home. I watched the latest Teens React (TheFineBros on Youtube), Charade (with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant), and part of the Poirot British TV series from the 90s while unpacking clothes. Ate dinner, more unpacking, and now I'm here.

4) Meaning behind my Tumblr name:
Well, this isn't Tumblr. But I'll explain it anyway. My tumblr is KristenMcFly. My name, and the name of my favorite band. Pretty simple. And my name on here is MusicIsLife. Also very simple.

5) Five places I want to visit:
New York City: I really want to see Broadway shows. SO BADLY.
Harry Potter World: I've been there once but that just doesn't cut it. It's the coolest place ever.
Disney World: I've only been to part of it. There are parts I didn't get to visit and it makes me really sad.
England: I want to see McFly live. REALLY badly. And they never play in the US.
Uh... I really can't think of another. I'm not a big traveller.

6) What Band is most important to you?:
I hold MANY bands really close to my heart. But the most special ones are McFly and All Time Low. I wish I could say how I feel about them without majorly freaking out, but I can't, so I won't.

7) Do you read? What are your favorite books?
Of course I read! The Harry Potter series is always at the top of the list. I also enjoy the Pendragon series and Mortal Instruments series. I love the book And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. It's my favorite book that's not part of a series. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher is another amazing one. All-American Girl- Meg Cabot. I recently fell in love with This Is Your Brain On Music by Daniel Levitin. It combines psychology and music in a really interesting way and I can totally relate to Dan in many ways.

8) Three things you want to say to different people:
Warning: I have a feeling that this might turn into a rant. I apologize.
My most recent Ex: I hope you realize how many friends you lost. And I hope you realize why. You pulled a really stupid move ending our year and a half long relationship through a message on Facebook. I was too busy to call that night, but you could've waited a day or two to break it off over the phone. I thought you were the one. You were my best friend for four years. You betrayed my trust, and had a new girlfriend two weeks after we broke up. And our guy friends refuse to talk to you now. Was it worth it?
My roommates: I've only been gone a few days, but I miss you two like crazy. I can't wait to get back on campus in the fall and move into our room. I'm so lucky to have met the two of you, and it's really hard to believe that it's been less than a year since we met, because we spend all our time together and have grown so close. I couldn't ask for more amazing best friends. I love you two <3
THAT girl from Jr. High: I hope you had fun making me feel terrible about myself for two years. You (almost) single-handedly ruined my time in Jr. High. And what did you do it for? To make people like you? To try and steal my friends? It was rude and hurtful, both emotionally and physically. I hope for your sake that you have changed, because you can't survive in the real world being a bully.

9) Pet Peeves: 
My biggest pet peeve is bad grammar. Honestly, people, you were taught the difference between there, their and they're in 2nd grade. NO, that is NOT there car. It is also NOT they're car. Apostrophe does NOT always equal possession. I also get annoyed when people will sing a song I know and then get the words wrong. Slow people get on my nerves, whether it's slow-walking people or slow-driving people. I hate when people get a fact wrong and then refuse to admit they're wrong, even when I fact-check them. Yes, I'm one of those people who, in the middle of an argument, will whip out my phone and prove I'm right just to shut you up.

10) 1 food/ beverage for the rest of my life:
The intelligent choice would be water... but I'm going to choose favorites. I could eat chicken tenders with honey mustard for the rest of my life, and I would drink Dr. Pepper.

11) What is your favorite quote?:
I love too many to choose just one. My favorite saying is "Que sera, sera." I love the lyrics to All Time Low's song Weightless.

12) Screenshot *your desktop:

13) Three confessions of your choice:
Hmm... I'm pretty much an open book, so none of these things is going to be a legit confession...
1- I'm from the South, and I'm very proud of that, and even though I currently live in the north, I will say y'all til the day I die. BUT I absolutely cannot stand sweet tea. Or any other tea for that matter. And I was even born on national iced tea day. (feel free to look that up if you wanna creep on me and find out my birthday... or if you wanna see if that's a legit thing)
2- I have 3 huge fears in life: birds, spiders, and clowns. I also get terrified when performing in front of people but that's separate. Birds are literally the scariest thing in the world to me. Especially ostriches. Those things are terrifying.
3- I used to be really athletic. When I was younger, I played basketball, softball, tennis, and volleyball, plus doing horseback riding. Now I sit at home and do nothing.

14) 5 celebrities you fancy.
#5- Joel McHale (Actor- Community, Host of The Soup). He's so funny. He makes me laugh every time I watch anything he's in. I know he's like 20 years older than me, but I don't care. I love him.



#4- Kellin Quinn (lead singer of Sleeping With Sirens). He's adorable and genuinely a good guy. Plus he loves his Pokemon. He can beatbox, and in an interview, he was randomly asked to beatbox the super mario theme and did it... and the underwater theme. Adorable nerd.


#3- Dougie Poynter (bassist in McFly). Dougie's absolutely precious. He's absolutely adorable and I love him. He had so many hard times, and had to struggle with addiction and depression and he came out of it so strong and I just love him.


#2- Alex Gaskarth (singer/guitarist in All Time Low). He's adorable and hilarious and I just can't ever stop laughing when I watch a video with him in it. And he's such a sweetheart too.


#1- Tom Fletcher (singer/guitarist/songwriter/pianist of McFly). Let me just say, I've been in love with this man for YEARS. Not just since the wedding speech video (which made me cry. A LOT). I swear, Tom is my perfect man. He's a crazy talented musician (he plays multiple instruments, is an amazing songwriter, and has the voice of an angel. He's better live than on CD), and he's a total nerd. I'm talking like completely obsessed with Harry Potter, Star Wars, Disney (he has a huge collection of Disney plushies), and plays WoW. Like THAT nerdy. And he's adorable.

15) A photo of someone you fancy at the moment:
OK, I'm not posting a picture of someone I know personally. Sorry. I WILL however, post a pic of a youtuber I'm currently in love with! Danisnotonfire!!! I love him. And Phil. But I'm more of a Danasaur.

16) If the world were to end tomorrow, what would you do with your last day on earth?
I'm not totally sure... I'd either spend it in total isolation just watching youtube videos and reading or something, or I'd spend it surrounded with friends and family. It depends on my mood that day.

17) What do you want to be when you get older?
Well, unfortunately, I'm in college, so I need to figure this out ASAP. Currently, I'm majoring in Music and Psychology (the Psychology thing is new. I went into college as a music major). I want to do research on music and the mind. 

18) Name the TV show you have gotten addicted to:
Well... I have a lot. Project Runway, Community, The Office, Top Chef, Duck Dynasty... I have a lot of obsessions. Mostly reality competitions. I don't watch a lot of scripted shows.

19) A list of all the places you've lived:
Olathe, Kansas
Enid, Oklahoma
Frisco, Texas
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Memphis, Tennessee

20) Concerts you've attended:
I'm not a big concert-goer. I don't enjoy drunken crowds. When I was younger, I saw Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken, Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, and Jake Owen, and Kenny Chesney. Back in October, I saw The Spill Canvas and got to meet them. It was amazing!

21) Turn on's/ off's:
This is gonna be really general.
On: funny, sweetheart, unique, uhhh... I usually pay attention to hair before anything else. I like emo or shaggy hair most. I like tall dudes. Piercings usually make a guy more attractive. And tattoos.
Off: doing drugs, drinking, full of himself, loudmouth... yeah...

22) Picture of what you wore today:
23) A Letter to someone. Anyone.

This one's for my best friend.

K.

24) Seven things that cross my mind a lot.
1- I should probably practice.
2- Maybe I should try getting something done.
3- I'm hungry.
4-ILOVETOMFLETCHERSOMUCH
5- I should really get something done.
6- SUMMERRRR!
7- I miss my friends...

25) Date a plain person with a great personality or an extremely attractive person with a plain personality?
A plain looking person with a great personality. Hot, boring people are still boring people.

26) What are some little things that make you feel warm and fuzzy?
Uh... my harry potter snuggie, coffee, my stuffed animals, a good book... yeah.

27) A picture of your handwriting.

 28) Do you wish for anything at 11:11? If so, what?
Yes, I do. And I can't tell you or it won't come true.

29) Picture of yourself.
Well, if I must. Here ya go.

30) Anything you want to post about.
Uhhh... FAVORITE YOUTUBERS! All time fave is Smosh. I love Anthony. TheFineBros. Jenna Marbles. Jacksfilms is seriously my soul mate. He studied music theory in college and is a grammar nazi like me. And then I have a ton of British youtubers that I watch: Danisnotonfire, Marcus Butler, PointlessBlog, Jacksgap, Sam Pepper, Caspar Lee, Amazing Phil. I also love swiftkaratechop, Joey Graceffa, and of course, Tom Fletcher.

Hope you enjoyed this one. I wanna do the 25 songs challenge next... partially because it's shorter. But partially because I love music so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!