Monday, May 27, 2013

30 Day McFly Challenge

I really couldn't help myself with this one. McFly is my favorite band, and I can't just waste an opportunity to obsess over them! So here it goes!
My boys, from L to R in both pics: Dougie Poynter, Tom Fletcher, Harry Judd, Danny Jones.  The older one is from about 2004/05, the newer one is... sometime in the last couple years.


Day 01 – Your favourite song: 
Lies!
Day 02 – Your least favourite song:
Hypnotized.
Day 03 – A song that makes you happy:
I would have to say that Love Is Easy makes me happy really easily!
Day 04 – A song that makes you sad:
She Falls Asleep. It's absolutely beautiful, and I can't believe Tom composed it when he was 19/20. It's such a beautifully sad song.
Day 05 – A song that reminds you of someone:
Honestly, I can't think of any songs that make me think of someone specifically. One For The Radio makes me think about all the people who bash McFly. But that's about it.
Day 06 – A song that reminds you of somewhere:
Every time I listen to The Last Song, it takes me back to my sophomore year of high school, sitting in a car late at night on a long car ride. That was the first time I listened to the whole song. Before that, I'd only ever listened to the first bit and got bored and skipped it. When I heard the fast part, I fell in love with it, and that's what caused me to fall in love with that whole CD. 
Day 07 – A song that reminds you of a certain event:
I listened to End of The World quite a bit on 12-21-2012 haha ;)
Day 08 – A song that you know all the words to:
Uh... That would be every single McFly song. Not even kidding. 
Day 09 – A song that you can dance to:
I guess Shine A Light. But that shouldn't be an accomplishment, boys!
Day 10 – A song that makes you fall asleep:
I actually often fall asleep to their music because the more familiar something is, the more I can listen to it and fall asleep to it. And I usually just turn on Radio:ACTIVE on shuffle.
Day 11 – A song where you love the vocals:
I'll Be Your Man... the stripped down version. Not the album version. The album version totally ruined it. Seriously.
Day 12 – A song where you pay more attention to just one instrument:
Definitely Five Colours. That guitar intro is just awesome. Also, their new song Red... I'm currently obsessed with Tom's guitar part on that. It's brilliant. 
Day 13 – A song with embarrassing lyrics:
I'd have to go with Please, Please, because it's about Lindsay Lohan. 
Day 14 – A song that no one would expect you to love:
Well, my first instinct is to say none, because everyone knows my obsession with McFly... but I guess if I had to choose one, I'd say Nowhere Left To Run. Above The Noise is clearly their weakest album, with as poppy as it is, but Nowhere Left To Run is my favorite on that one (If we're not counting I'll Be Your Man's overproduced album version).
Day 15 – A song that describes you:
Hmm... I guess Smile? Or Only The Strong Survive? Or We Are the Young
Day 16 – A song that you used to love but now ‘hate’: 
I don't 'hate' any McFly songs, but I definitely lost quite a bit of love for Above The Noise. When it first came out, I was willing to accept the change reluctantly, but at this point, I don't like the change. Uhhh... I guess the biggest one apart from that would be Do Ya. It was one of my favorites on Radio:ACTIVE when I first started listening to it, but now that I'm really familiar with the album, it's one of my least favorites on the album. 
Day 17 – A song that you hear often on the radio:
I'm American, and they don't get played in America :(
Day 18 – A song that makes you feel proud of them:
Hmm... as far as their growth, definitely Red. Out of their recent songs, that one stands out above them all, because I feel like the quality is way better than Above The Noise, and even Love Is Easy, and certainly better than the two newer ones from Memory Lane. But as far as overall... probably Bubble Wrap, because it's one of their best slow songs, and it's so emotional. 
Day 19 – A song from your favourite album:
Everybody Knows, off of Radio:ACTIVE, which just happens to be my all-time favorite CD ever.
Day 20 – A song that you listen to when you’re angry:
Only The Strong Survive or Going Through the Motions.
Day 21 – A song that you listen to when you’re happy:
Hmmm... Little Joanna... Star Girl... yeah :)
Day 22 – A song that you listen to when you’re sad:
Definitely She Falls Asleep.
Day 23 – A song that you want to play at your wedding:
So, obviously everyone's gonna say All About You, but I'm gonna take a different path. I'd want I'll Be Your Man acoustic (or maybe my husband singing it to me?) and The Heart Never Lies. 
Day 24 – A song that you want to play at your funeral:
The Last Song. Maybe A Walk In The Sun... I think it's fitting, but it's not one of my favorite McFly ones. 
Day 25 – A song that makes you laugh:
That Girl, because during the guitar solo, I always picture Danny in the music video breaking the ceiling... and also Please, Please because of its music video... and Star Girl because of its music video... and Transylvania because of its music video. 
Day 26 – A song that you can play on an instrument:
I can do the intro to Five Colours on guitar. 
Day 27 – A song that you wish you could play:
All of them! But I am learning the ukulele and I want to be able to play Love Is Easy by sometime soon.
Day 28 – A song that makes you feel guilty:
Guilty? I never feel guilty listening to my boys!
Day 29 – The first song you ever heard of them:
This is a tricky one, because I'm not sure of the timeline on this. I have like... 3 separate incidents.
#1- Five Colours, because I saw Just My Luck before I started listening to them.
#2- I was watching a Jonas Brothers interview (I loved them so much) and Nick (my favorite) said his favorite song was Transylvania by McFly and so I looked it up. I thought it was weird. Idk if this or me seeing JML came first, but I know that I didn't mentally connect the incidents until I actually started listening to them.
#3- Through the Jonas Bros, I discovered Busted and fell in love, and just like all of my music obsessions, I found them on youtube and then watched suggested youtube videos, including McFly! I think the first one I heard by them through this was Five Colours. So I'd say that overall, my first McFly song was Five Colours.
Day 30 – Your favorite song at this time last year:
Still Lies. Lies has been my favorite for a long time. I also love Sorry's Not Good Enough, Five Colours, Transylvania, and That Girl. Those are my top 5. But I love all of their songs. Seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!