Monday, May 13, 2013

30 Day Harry Potter Challenge 2

This is a continuation of my first 30 day Harry Potter Challenge. If you haven't yet seen that one, click here to view it, or click on the tab that should be directly below this post's tab. I'm aware that there are, in fact, some duplicates. I'll answer these anyway, but probably with less detail than the first time. Enjoy!



I'll repeat this from my first challenge: In case you're unfamiliar with the acronyms for the books/movies, here's a quick guide... I'll probably use the real titles multiple times, but I'll definitely shorten some.
Book 1- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Shortened to SS.
Book 2- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Shortened to COS.
Book 3- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Shortened to POA.
Book 4- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Shortened to GOF.
Book 5- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Shortened to OTTP.
Book 6- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Shortened to HBP.
Book 7- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Shortened to DH. for movies, I'll add pt.1/pt.2

1) Top 3 favorite characters and why
3) Ron. The Harry Potter series has the same problem as the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The sidekick is much more likeable than the main character.
2) Hermione. I always identified with Hermione as a kid. Like me, she was always absorbed in her homework and reading and I loved that about her!
1) Fred & George. I love a good sense of humor, and it doesn't get much better than these two. Without them, many of my favorite moments from the series woudn't exist.
2) Top 3 favorite spells

3) Expecto Patronum. I think it's really interesting that it can take on a shape based on the person who is casting it.
2) Reparo. This would be so helpful in my life, since I often accidentally break things.
1) Wingardium Leviosa. The ultimate lazy spell. I would use this constantly to get things without moving.

3) What house do you think you would be sorted into?
I like the wording of this question. Because it makes me choose a definitive house. In all honesty, I hope, and believe that I would be sorted into Ravenclaw. Though, as stated previously, I do feel that I'm an even mix of Slytherin and Ravenclaw.
4) What do you think would be your favorite class at Hogwarts?
After all the video games I've played and the hours spent on Pottermore, I would definitely say that potions would be my favorite.
5) What would your patronus look like?
I've taken quizzes that have said it would be a dog. I think that or a horse would be cool.
6) List the books in order from your favorite to least favorite. 
-Deathly Hallows. Action packed and interesting.
-Half-Blood Prince. I thought the memories were really cool and was sad that for the most part, they weren't in the movie.
-Prisoner of Azkaban. At first I hated this one because he didn't fight Voldemort. But I love the time turner parts and the Trelawney stuff was really fun.
-Goblet of Fire. I enjoyed the Tri-Wizard Tournament.
-Order of the Phoenix. This one is kinda tied with GOF.
-Sorcerer's Stone. The best part of this one, for me, is the funny twin moments.other than that it's kinda just so-so.
-Chamber of Secrets. I don't know why, but this one is just not my favorite, both movie and book.
7) Favorite quote
From HBP, a sign in the Twins' store window- "Why are you worried about You-Know-Who? You should be worried about U-No-Poo, the constipation sensation that's gripping the nation!"
8) Favorite chapter from your favorite book
Well, I guess my favorite part of the book would have to be The Prince's Tale, where we get to see Snape's story.
9) Top 3 scenes from the series
I'm really not sure I could come up with 3 that were my absolute favorites...
10) Is there a character you didn't like in the books, but liked in the movies and vice/versa?
Ginny is definitely more likeable in the books, but I'm still not a fan. I guess Bellatrix got on my nerves in the books more than in the movies.
11) Your least favorite character
Umbridge, definitely.
12) Favorite villain and why
Does Draco count? Because I really like Draco, but idk if he can truly count as a villain. Hmm... Bellatrix is definitely one of the cooler villains.
13) If you could date one character, who would it be?
Fred, definitely... except for the whole dying thing. Maybe George in that case.
14) Whose death did you take the hardest the first time around?
Fred's. I cried like a baby.
15) Who is your favorite professor at Hogwarts?
Does it get any cooler that McGonagall? I don't think so. I also love Lupin.
16) What is your favorite magical creature?
Uh... Hippogriffs are pretty cool!
17) What would a boggart turn into in front of you?
A bird. They terrify me!
18) Which book have you read the most?
Half-Blood Prince. It was my favorite for the longest time, and I ended up reading it over and over. I've read 4-5 the least, possibly since they're the longest. I'll plan to read all of them, and then stop at the end of POA. Or I'll read 6 and then feel the need to read 7 as well.
19) What would Amortentia smell like to you?
I'm not totally sure if this is supposed to be my favorite smell in general, or like the most attractive way for a guy to smell. So either fresh chocolate chip cookies... or a nice cologne or something. IDK.
20) Which method of magical transportation would you prefer?
Broomstick! Or apparation.
21) Who would be your best friends at Hogwarts? (pick up to 3)
Fred/George, Ron, Hermione
22) Which character are you most like?
Combo of Hermione and Luna, with a bit of Fred/George and Ron thrown in. I'm also quite a lot like Ginny but I don't like a lot of things about her so I don't wanna compare myself to her.
23) If you played quidditch, which position would you play?
I would definitely be a beater. I'd love to fly around with a bat hitting bludgers.
24) Is there a job you'd like to have after leaving Hogwarts?
Maybe a journalist? Or a professor? I don't know.
25) Do you have a favorite magical item?
Other than a wand? I'd have to choose an invisibility cloak. I want one of those SO badly.
26) What's your favorite character pairing?
ROMIONE. (Ron+Hermione). I ship them HARD. I also love Nuna (Neville+Luna) which REALLY should've happened.
27) Which movie is your favorite?
I think POA sticks closest to the book, but I'm a bit of a sucker for DH pt 2. Those are my top 2 movies.
28) Who is your favorite actress in the films?
Emma Watson, for sure. She played a perfect Hermione.
29) Do you prefer the books or movies?
That's not even a question. BOOKS.
30) Has Harry Potter had an effect on you/ made you see things differently?
Sorry, but I wrote a huge paragraph for this one and don't want to repeat it. So... just go read that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!