Saturday, July 2, 2016

Ranking Project Runway Designers #11 [85-96]


Hey, y'all! So I'm back with the next post in my series ranking all of the Project Runway designers! As I said in the last post, this is a new 18 post series on my blog, with each post consisting of the next 12 designers. 

Here's my disclaimer once again: Any and all comments are my opinions on them based on the way they presented themselves on the show (and of course, the way the show was edited) and in no way is a reflection of how they are in real life. The way a contestant presents themself on a show, combined with the editing of the show, is not necessarily the way they are outside of the show, and because I don't know these people personally, I can only go based off of the way they were portrayed on the show. 

Also, I feel like this is a little obvious, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. If you don't want to be spoiled for what happens in the show or what order people go home, don't read any further. Because I will mention what place the person got. And I'll be talking about All-Stars placings too, if applicable, so just bear that in mind before continuing to read on. So let's just jump right into the next 12 on the list.

96. R'amon Lawrence Coleman
Season 6- 11th Place

Just as is denoted by his position on the whole of the list, he's in the top half of my favorites and I liked him, but he definitely isn't someone that I absolutely loved. I think I liked his personality a lot more than his aesthetic, but I quite honestly don't remember his aesthetic that much. Need I remind you-- least favorite, least memorable season?


95. Kate Pankoke
Season 11- 9th Place
Season 12- 6th Place 
All-Stars Season 4- 11th Place 

Part of me thinks that Kate has grown on me just because she's been on the show so many times. She's the single contestant (I believe-- correct me if I'm wrong) who has been on 3 seasons. The first time, I really disliked her aesthetic, and was pretty meh on her personality. She came back and I felt great about her design ability and meh on her personality and aesthetic. And quite honestly, I don't remember how I felt about her on all-stars. Either way, in general, I like her and think that she's a strong designer with a decent personality. Though her aesthetic isn't my thing, she's definitely designed things that I thought were really great, and I'm sure other people really like her aesthetic.


94. Layana Aguilar
Season 11- 5th Place
All-Stars Season 5

The first time I tried to watch season 11, I really didn't like Layana. Then, I went back and watched the full season and she grew on me. She's certainly not my favorite, either personality-wise or aesthetic-wise, but she came off as likable and though she's not quite my people, I think she's a strong designer.


93. Dom Streater
Season 12- Winner
All-Stars Season 5- Winner

And we've come to the first of the people who have won twice. Honestly, I like Dom. I think that she's really talented and super likable. But I feel a little ho-hum about her aesthetic. I haven't watched all of all-stars 5, so I'm not sure how much her aesthetic has evolved, but I thought that her aesthetic was just alright. Like, her designs are really nice, but I remember her being a bit one-note and a bit simplistic. I liked her and think she's pretty strong (obvs, she's won TWICE) but she's not quite my favorite.


92. Nora Caliguri
Season 1- 8th Place

Once again, someone I enjoyed, but not someone who falls among my favorites. She provided some good entertainment on season 1 and I enjoyed her personality overall. Not too much to say here.


91. Blake Patterson
Season 14- 11th Place

Oh, Blake. Blake sent me on a roller coaster. At first, I thought I'd hate him, then the season started and I didn't really hate him and thought he was entertaining, and then I started disliking him, and then I liked him again. It was just a roller coaster of opinions. Overall, he wasn't a super strong designer, but he was enjoyable to watch.


90. Alicia Hardesty
Season 10- 9th Place

Alicia actually got a lot higher on this list after my re-watch of season 10 earlier this year. She always seemed like someone who was really forgettable, and I didn't have strong opinions on her aesthetic. But on the re-watch, I enjoyed her chill vibe and I actually really enjoyed her aesthetic. I don't think she was one of the stronger designers, so I have no qualms with her not making it further. However, I kinda wish she had made it further or had been featured a bit more in the show. Either way, enjoyable but unfortunately didn't last that long.


89. Joe Faris
Season 5- 6th Place

Joe just came off as a super-nice guy. He made it pretty far, so we saw him for quite a bit of the season, and although his aesthetic was pretty forgettable, he just came off as super likable and I enjoyed him.


88. Kevin Christiana
Season 4- 9th Place

I enjoyed Kevin's personality, mostly. I don't quite remember much of his designs, so that's hurting him a bit on this list. And, as I've mentioned, season 4 (shocker) is not one of my favorites, so he's not quite up there. Enjoyable, likable, but not as memorable for me.


87. Timothy Westbrook
Season 12- 14th Place

Oh Timothy. Oh, Timothy. Never before has a 3 week run made such a huge impact on me. I made the above meme because it was just. necessary. He was a mess, but he was just so much fun to watch. He's not a very strong designer and his aesthetic isn't particularly strong either, but DAT PERSONALITY THO. He was a hilarious disaster and I loved every second of it. Good TV, y'all. Good TV.


86. Mitchell Perry
Season 13- 12th Place
All-Stars Season 5- 10th Place

Was he a really strong designer? Nah. But he was enjoyable and fun and had a great personality. I enjoyed watching him on his short stint and he also benefits from being on a recent season, so there's the recency bias there. Overall, I liked him but he's definitely not a favorite. 


85. Joseph Aaron Segal
Season 11- 13th Place

Joseph was a really interesting one. He had a very unique aesthetic, which sometimes worked well and sometimes didn't really work for him. And this helped make him really enjoyable because he was forced to work in a team that didn't share his aesthetic in any form or fashion and it created a really interesting dynamic in the teams. 


So, those are the next 12 designers in my Project Runway designer rankings! I'll be back soon with the designers who got places 73-84! Who are your favorite and least favorite people to be on Project Runway? Let me know down in the comments!

Previous Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #10 [97-108]
Next Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #12 [73-84]
Check out my links below!


Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!