Saturday, July 9, 2016

Ranking Project Runway Designers #13 [61-72]


Hey, y'all! So I'm back with the next post in my series ranking all of the Project Runway designers! As I said in the last post, this is a new 18 post series on my blog, with each post consisting of the next 12 designers. 

Here's my disclaimer once again: Any and all comments are my opinions on them based on the way they presented themselves on the show (and of course, the way the show was edited) and in no way is a reflection of how they are in real life. The way a contestant presents themself on a show, combined with the editing of the show, is not necessarily the way they are outside of the show, and because I don't know these people personally, I can only go based off of the way they were portrayed on the show. 

Also, I feel like this is a little obvious, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. If you don't want to be spoiled for what happens in the show or what order people go home, don't read any further. Because I will mention what place the person got. And I'll be talking about All-Stars placings too, if applicable, so just bear that in mind before continuing to read on. So let's just jump right into the next 12 on the list.


72. Nathan Paul
Season 10- 10th Place

Overall, I liked Nathan's designs and his personality. He was rather likable, and he had this cool drapey aesthetic that, while sometimes one-note, was really interesting and something that I really enjoyed.


71. Jeremy Brandrick
Season 12- 9th Place

I liked a lot of his designs pre-season, and there were also several that I enjoyed throughout the show. On top of that, he was just a super sweet, nice guy who came off as rather likable. He didn't make it super far, but I enjoyed the time that we did have with him. 


70. Bryce Black
Season 9- 9th Place

He certainly wasn't one of the stronger designers who has been on the show. I think it was just that he maybe didn't work well in such a small time frame. Either way, I really enjoyed his personality (sarcastic/snarky interviews are my fave) as well as his pre-show portfolio and his aesthetic. It's just too bad he didn't have a stronger showing on the actual show. 


69. Daniel Esquivel
Season 11- 4th Place
All-Stars Season 3- 10th Place

Aww, Daniel. He was a really likable person. He came off as super sweet, a little silly, and just overall nice. His aesthetic wasn't really my thing, but he was definitely a strong designer and I enjoyed watching him on the show.


68. Stanley Hudson
Season 11- 3rd Place

And now we have another person from season 11! Stanley gets just slightly higher because, again, his aesthetic isn't really my thing (but I like it better than Daniel E's) but he was just super, super solid throughout the season. He was one of the strongest designers that season, and was certainly a front-runner for most of the season. On top of that, he was generally nice, helpful, and likable. Notice a pattern? Nice, likable people make it closer to the top, but not always to the very top. 


67. Daniel Franco
Season 1- 12th Place
Season 2- 12th Place
All-Stars Season 5- 12th Place

Daniel Franco, where did you goooooooo? Daniel Franco, where did you gooooooo?
What can I even say about Daniel Franco? Follow your bliss. He was entertaining for every single second that he was on screen, whether using his seemingly silly construction methods or throwing himself under the bus to save his teammates. Even after he was gone, we got a beautiful song by Santino and Nick to remember him by. He was just so much fun.


66. Duncan Chambers-Watson
Season 14- 16th Place

Yes, I'm aware of how high I've ranked someone who was eliminated episode 1. Here's my explanation. His pre-season portfolio was beautiful. I loved every single piece I saw from him pre-season. He was super cool and laid back. I liked everything I saw from him pre-season, and even chose him as my winner pick. And that design that got him eliminated definitely wasn't the worst design that challenge. I still feel like he was a little robbed and really wish he would've lasted just a bit longer so that we could see just a bit more of his potential.


65. Amy Sarabi
Season 7- 8th Place

I enjoyed Amy. She's not one of the most well-remembered designers who have been on the show, but she was really strong for most of the season. She didn't show up in the top that many times, but there were certainly designs from her that I felt were right up there near the top. And somehow, she managed to not get eliminated for that weird chest hair bowl, but instead for a pastel shirt dress. Overall, I liked her, I liked her aesthetic, and thought she was a strong designer. 


64. Helen Castillo
Season 12- 5th Place
All-Stars Season 4- 3rd Place

First, I thought I'd like Helen. Then, the season started and I realized that I didn't like her. And then, I watched even more and decided that I liked her. She's a strong designer, and has proven that over two seasons of the show. Sure she's emotional a lot and tends to have some drama surrounding her, but overall, I liked her. 


63. Olivier Green
Season 9- 8th Place

Oh, Olivier. He was precious. That scene where he was so confused trying to figure out what a D cup meant was hilarious. Just overall, he was so quiet, sometimes very adorably confused, but was actually a pretty strong designer. He had a really strong aesthetic that was really interesting, especially that ombre dress. 


62. Ben Chmura
Season 7- 9th Place

The first time I watched season 7, I didn't really have an opinion one way or another on Ben. I always saw him as a middle-of-the-pack designer. He didn't have a lot of confessionals, and he didn't end up before the judges many times, so a casual fan would find him really forgettable. But after watching the season as many times as I have, I've come to really enjoy Ben. Like Amy, he was a strong but sometimes overlooked designer. That suit that sent him home was... ugh... and really unfortunate, but apart from that, he did pretty well throughout and I liked him.


61. Kara Saun
Season 1- Runner-Up

Who doesn't like Kara Saun? She was arguably the strongest designer on Season 1, and she was the clear front-runner going into the finale. She doesn't have a big personality, at least as portrayed on the show, but she was rather likable and was clearly a very strong designer. Overall, like most other people, I really like her. 


So, those are the next 12 designers in my Project Runway designer rankings! I'll be back soon with the designers who got places 49-60! Who are your favorite and least favorite people to be on Project Runway? Let me know down in the comments!

Previous Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #12 [73-84]
Next Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #14 [49-60]
Check out my links below!


Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!