Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Ranking Project Runway Designers #10 [97-108]


Hey, y'all! So I'm back with the next post in my series ranking all of the Project Runway designers! As I said in the last post, this is a new 18 post series on my blog, with each post consisting of the next 12 designers. 

Here's my disclaimer once again: Any and all comments are my opinions on them based on the way they presented themselves on the show (and of course, the way the show was edited) and in no way is a reflection of how they are in real life. The way a contestant presents themself on a show, combined with the editing of the show, is not necessarily the way they are outside of the show, and because I don't know these people personally, I can only go based off of the way they were portrayed on the show. 

Also, I feel like this is a little obvious, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. If you don't want to be spoiled for what happens in the show or what order people go home, don't read any further. Because I will mention what place the person got. And I'll be talking about All-Stars placings too, if applicable, so just bear that in mind before continuing to read on. So let's just jump right into the next 12 on the list.

108. Becky Ross
Season 9- 10th Place

Going into the season, I really liked Becky. Although she was constantly berated for her clothes being dowdy, I thought she had an interesting aesthetic. She gave some funny confessionals, but she ended up being a bit boring overall and I got a bit tired of her after a while. Overall, I have more of a positive opinion of her than negative, but definitely not a favorite.

107. Kara Janx
Season 2- 4th Place
All-Stars Season 1- 7th Place

In general, I liked Kara. But there were definitely certain things that happened or that she did that reminded me that she's very solidly not my type of person. Like when she made a big deal of saving the Barbie hat. Like... what? Who cares? You just lost some of your shopping/designing time! Like, she was very scatterbrained, but about everything and seemed to constantly be in panic mode. She was just all over the place and despite liking her, I did tend to get a bit annoyed.


106. Stephen Suede Baum
Season 5- 5th Place
All-Stars Season 2- 11th Place

I will admit, I remember nothing about this guy's aesthetic. What I do remember is that Suede was a lot of fun to watch because Suede had a crazy personality and because Suede referred to Suede in the 3rd person. All. The. Time.


105. Mitchell Hall
Season 6- 14th Place

Another person who was just really fun to watch! He was a disaster. He was on the winning team and still managed to get himself eliminated because he was that much of a disaster. This season was one of my least favorites, but it was great to watch Mitchell spiral.


104. Kevin Johnn
Season 1- 6th Place

Yet another person who ends up on this list because they were enjoyable to watch. The whole controversy with someone ruining Wendy's photo was really interesting. Kevin had a really quiet personality, so he definitely wasn't crazy exciting, but it was fascinating to see how softspoken he was. Plus, I think he was one of the stronger designers that season. Did I love him on the show? Nah. But I liked him better than some other people. 


103. Jack Mackenroth
Season 4- 12th Place (Quit)

I don't have that strong of an opinion on Jack. As I've said before, his season isn't one of my favorites and although he was likable, he was gone early because of his medical problems. I feel bad for him and think that he should've gotten a chance to go again at this point, but oh well. Like I said, no strong feelings here.


102. Rami Kashou
Season 4- Runner-Up
All-Stars Season 1- 8th Place

I put Jillian in the last post and Rami is in this one, so I feel like I'm making a lot of enemies here. Anyway, I liked Rami's aesthetic. Seriously, I love draping. But when all you do is drape and all of your dresses look similar, it gets a bit tiring. And his personality was just alright for me. I think I just get a bit annoyed when I see people get far in competitions by doing basically the same thing every week, and I got a bit tired of Rami doing just that. 


101. Miranda Kay Levy
Season 12- 11th Place

I went into season 12 with such high hopes for Miranda. Her portfolio looked really awesome, she seemed to have a really chill personality, and her bio was really interesting. But then she got in the game and (IMO) immediately began a downward spiral. Her first design was great, but didn't really address the challenge, so she was in the bottom. And then afterward, she fell into a rut where she pulled the same trick (midriff tops, I believe) out of the bag too many times and subsequently got eliminated for it. And, she also came off as rather unlikable at certain points because of her criticisms of other people. Overall, I liked her to some extent, but she plummeted rather quickly.


100. Fade Zu Grau
Season 13- 9th Place
All-Stars Season 5- 13th Place 

Ah, Fade. He had a really unique aesthetic, sometimes really interesting, and sometimes rather odd. Overall, I liked him. I thought that he came off as really unique and likable, but he didn't come off as one of the stronger designers and didn't last a super long time. Overall, I thought he was likable but not necessarily the most memorable contestant.


99. Joshua Christensen
Season 9- 11th Place

You probably look a bit like Josh in this picture right now. 'What?! How did this guy get this high on your list?!' And you're probably right. Going solely off of his stint on PR, he's not a very strong designer. In fact, he's probably one of the contestants who's done the worst on the challenges on the show. But he was an interesting underdog to root for. He seemed like a really nice guy, and despite being in the bottom for nearly every challenge he competed in, at the beginning of every challenge, I found myself hoping that this time he would be successful. Never really worked out, but oh well. He was likable, and I found myself rooting for him. 


98. Peach Carr
Season 8- 11th Place
All-Stars Season 2- 13th Place

Overall, Peach always came off as a weaker designer. I never expected her to win, and honestly would've been shocked if she did win. But she was fun, she was funny, and she wasn't that bad. She had her moments, and I liked her. I wasn't sure why she was chosen for All Stars (personality, I guess?) but she was definitely a likable person on the show. 


97. Althea Harper
Season 6- Runner-Up
All-Stars Season 2- 8th Place

Althea makes it this far on the list more for her design ability than for how much I liked her. I did definitely find her likable, especially among the cast of one of my least favorite seasons, but her design ability is much stronger for me. She was rather strong throughout the season (never falling into the bottom) and was also likable.


So, those are the next 12 designers in my Project Runway designer rankings! I'll be back soon with the designers who got places 85-96! Who are your favorite and least favorite people to be on Project Runway? Let me know down in the comments!

Previous Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #9 [109-120]
Next Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #11 [85-96]
Check out my links below!


Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!