Friday, January 22, 2016

Top 10 Favorite Booktubers

Hey, y'all! This is the seventh post in a 10-post series listing some of my favorite things. The first seven posts are lists of my current all-time favorites, while the last 3 posts include only favorites of 2015.

If you want to check out the other lists/posts in this series, you can check them out here:

So, originally, I was going to only have one list that was unranked, but I got into this list and was having a ton of trouble ranking them. So once again, I have a list of favorites, this time separated out into 3 different sections-- lower, middle, and top tiers. While I love a lot more booktubers, these are just the ones that I tend to watch the most regularly.

Lower Tier Baes
WellDoneBooks

Max, also known as WellDoneBooks, is a pretty recent fave. We tend to reach for very different genres and types of books, but I really like his personality and discussions, as well as his non-book videos, such as a recent one about his favorite podcasts (some of which have now become my favorite podcasts).

polandbananasBOOKS

I've been watching Christine regularly for about a year and a half. Sometimes, her personality is a bit too much, but she's always a lot of fun and has a good variety of videos. She tends to read mostly books that are really popular, which means that she tends to have reviews on books that I'm interested in reading. 

Riley Marie

Riley is another more recent favorite. I started watching her earlier this year, and she's become somewhat of a staple in my booktube viewing. We have somewhat similar tastes, but it's really her personality that keeps me watching.

Middle Tier Baes
Elisabeth Paige

I first discovered Elisabeth through Regan (from PeruseProject) when she had less than a thousand subscribers, and she's been a favorite ever since. I also subscribe to her second channel, which is mostly vlogs devoted to her writing. I just really like her personality and a lot of the books she reads.

padfootandprongs07

I've been watching Raeleen for about two years at this point, but she's only recently risen to one of my favorites. It's really interesting to follow her reading challenge each year as she does it, and I feel like she reads a really interesting variety of books. Even though we don't always have the same taste in books, I do tend to really trust her reviews, and I have really enjoyed watching her videos lately. 

Jessethereader

Jesse was one of the first booktubers that I watched, and I've watched him regularly ever since. I watch him mostly for his personality. While we do enjoy some of the same books, a lot of the genres/books that he actively seeks out aren't really my favorite things, and we often have differing opinions on the books that we do read. That being said, I still really enjoy his videos just because of how sweet and fun he is. His videos are always just really fun to watch.

Top Tier Baes
Lindsey Rey

I've actually only been watching Lindsey since the beginning of 2015, but she's become one of my absolute favorites very quickly. I'm constantly impressed by the sheer number of books that she's able to read, and I generally really trust her reviews. On top of that, the vast majority of videos that she makes are ones that really interest me. There are a lot of books that have been added to my TBR because of her.

Ermahgerd Berks

I'm so glad that these two have begun making videos again. I missed them so much in 2015. Jeff is possibly my most-trusted reviewer on booktube. While I definitely read a lot of books that aren't his thing, I know that if he reads a book and really enjoys it, I'm also going to really love it. Technically, it is Jamie's channel, and I do love her solo videos, but I just love the dynamic between the two of them.

Katytastic

Kat was my entryway to booktube (as, I think, she was for most people!) and she remains a favorite for me. She's always really in the know and up to date on upcoming releases and I really trust her reviews. She also just makes interesting content. Whenever one of her videos pops up in my sub box, I know it's one I'm going to really enjoy. She just has really cool and interesting ideas and I love her personality.

PeruseProject

And finally, last but not least, Regan from PeruseProject! I've been watching her for about two years, so she's another of the long-term faves. Not all of the books that she reads are my thing, but she reads some really cool fantasy, much of which has been added to my TBR because of her. This goes without saying, given that she's in my top-tier, but she's another of my most trusted reviewers. If she reads a book that sounds interesting to me and she really enjoys it, it will almost certainly be added to my TBR.

So, those are my absolute favorite booktubers! I definitely watch more, but these are the ones that I tend to watch most regularly. Which booktubers are your favorites? Let me know down in the comments?


Check out my links below!

   
Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!