Sunday, January 3, 2016

Top 15 Favorite Bands/Musicians

Hey, y'all! This is the third post in a 10-post series listing some of my favorite things. The first seven posts are lists of my current all-time favorites, while the last 3 posts include only favorites of 2015.

If you want to check out the other lists/posts in this series, you can check them out here:

Last year, my list of favorite bands was only 10 slots instead of 15, so a handful of the musicians on the list have been "top 15" favorites for a while but didn't make the list last year due to it being only 10 bands. In that case, I'll note it for that band, because there are a couple total newcomers to the list


#15: Hey Monday
[Not on the list last year]

Hey Monday has been a long-standing favorite of mine, and last time I made a top 15 list, they were actually somewhere around #11. They have fallen a little bit due to the fact that they only had one full CD and a couple EPs and have been on hiatus for 4 years (honestly, they've essentially broken up at this point), but I still really enjoy the music that they did make before they broke up.

Favorite songs: Josey, Set Off, and Obvious

#14: Cage The Elephant
[Not on the list last year]

I have an interesting relationship with Cage The Elephant. Sometimes, I'm really in the mood for their music, and sometimes I'm really not. Their song, In One Ear, is one of my absolute favorite songs ever. I'm a bit behind, though- I haven't even gotten their newest CD yet for some reason.

Favorite songs: In One Ear, Free Love, Ain't No Rest for the Wicked

#13: Green Day
[Not on the list last year]

Given that I'm a pop punk fan, it would be inconceivable for me to leave them off of this list. I'm pretty sure that I have almost all of their CDs, and I just really enjoy their music. American Idiot is definitely my favorite Green Day CD, but I also really love a lot of their other CDs.

Favorite songs: Minority, Jesus of Suburbia, and FOD

#12: Busted
[#10 last year]

I first discovered Busted because of their song, Year 3000, that the Jonas Brothers covered. I didn't fall in love with them immediately, but their music is just so much fun, so cheeky, and really clever. I've loved them even more since the creation of McBusted, but overall, Busted is just a really fun band and I'm excited that they're back and recording new music.

Favorite Songs: She Wants To Be Me, Meet You There, and Nerdy

#11: Sleeping With Sirens
[#9 last year]

I discovered Sleeping With Sirens in my freshman year of college, and I've been hooked ever since. Kellin Quinn's voice is just super unique, and it gives their music a really interesting sound. 

Favorite Songs: Do It Now Remember It Later, Congratulations, and Kick Me

#10: Twenty One Pilots
[Not on the list last year]

I started listening to Twenty One Pilots back in August and absolutely fell in love. Their music is so interesting, and such a cool mix of genres, and weird in a beautiful way. I just think that their music is super cool and incredibly creative and I love the theatrical aspects that they add in with their music videos.

Favorite Songs: Lane Boy, Stressed Out, Car Radio, and Guns For Hands

#9: Andy Grammer
[Not on the list last year]

This list was changed from just my favorite bands to my favorite bands/musicians specifically because I wanted to include Andy Grammer on this list. I. LOVE. Andy Grammer. I'm pretty sure that I have all of his music, and I listen to a lot of it on a regular basis. His first album (self-titled) is still my fave, but his 2014 release, Magazines or Novels is also really great and gets a lot of play on my phone. And I recently got an alert that my most-played Pandora station of the year was my Andy Grammer station. I just really love him and his music. 

Favorite Songs: Fine By Me, Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah), Honey I'm Good, and Crazy Beautiful

#8: Parachute
[#8 Last Year]

These guys used to be higher up on my list... like #3. Unfortunately, their 3rd album happened, and they wound up here. Their first CD is one of my all-time favorites (as you'll see later on this post), and their second CD was really great too. And then their third album went a bit too pop and I didn't like it much. I'm holding out hope that they'll have a better fourth CD, but until then, they get to chill at #8 and think about what they've done. I've grown to appreciate their 3rd album more over this past year (its vibe is kinda similar to Andy Grammer's music, which I've grown to appreciate), but it's still definitely my least favorite of their albums.

Favorite Songs: Kiss Me Slowly, Back Again, You & Me, and The New Year

#7: Paramore
[#7 Last Year]

Paramore was the first alternative band that I listened to, and they've been a consistent favorite. For a little while, they were my all-time favorite. They fell a bit during the 4.5 year span between their 3rd and 4th albums, but since their self-titled CD came out in 2013, they've moved right back up. They're consistently great! It's a bummer that Jeremy left the band, because he and Hayley were the last two founding members, but TBH it's kinda the Hayley show at this point, so it shouldn't make a huge difference.

Favorite Songs: Playing God, Brick By Boring Brick, Ain't It Fun, and Born For This

#6: The Academy Is...
[#6 Last Year]

For a really long time, The Academy Is... was my favorite band. I loved their podcast that they did (TAITV!), I loved all of the members, and I obviously loved their music. Their 3rd CD was slightly disappointing, but nowhere near as disappointing as when they announced their breakup in 2011. I'm still sad about that. I was really bummed that I couldn't make their Almost Here reunion stuff, but I keep holding out hope that they will reunite because I love them SO MUCH.

Favorite Songs: Black Mamba, We've Got A Big Mess On Our Hands, About a Girl, and The Phrase That Pays

#5: The Audition
[#5 Last Year]

I miss these guys. Officially they're not broken up, but they haven't done anything in a while, and even though Danny still has his Twitter handle as @auditiondanny, his Twitter bio says that he's the "Former Frontman of The Audition" so it doesn't sound good at all. There was something they posted last summer hinting at a new album, but I haven't heard anything else about that since then. The Audition is a fairly unknown band, but they're really great. Danny Stevens is a powerhouse vocalist and all of their CDs are really great. I really hope that new album happens, because I need more of The Audition in my life. 

Favorite Songs: You've Made Us Conscious, You Ruined This, My Temperature's Rising, Make It Rain, and Don't Be So Hard

#4: Marianas Trench

I've completely fallen in love with Marianas Trench over the past few years. I started listening to them casually a couple years ago, but I didn't really get into them until 2014. And I'm completely in love. Their second and third albums were concept albums, and they're super cool. Their music is really unique and actually really complex and layered. I can't wait to hear what they come up with next, because I'm sure it'll be amazing. 

Favorite Songs: Here's To The Zeros, Shake Tramp, No Place Like Home, Stutter, and Truth or Dare

#3: Pentatonix

These five are possibly the most talented musicians around right now. Each of them is so incredibly talented, from Avi's intense bass, to Kevin's beatboxing, to Mitch's 5 octave range. These five create the perfect combination of talent and vocal parts. They make amazing arrangements, and they just keep gaining momentum. They're perfection.

Favorite Songs: On My Way Home, Can't Hold Us, Aha!, Problem, and Sing

#2: All Time Low

These four... I love them. They were one of the first alternative bands that I discovered, and they've stuck around as a favorite ever since. They're just so consistently good. OK, Dirty Work wasn't amazing, but I won't hold that against them, because they released Don't Panic the next year. These four are just too great, and I'll be a fan 5EVER.

Favorite Songs: Weightless, So Long Soldier, Lost in Stereo, Poppin' Champagne, and Shameless

#1: McFly

These four are just perfect. I love my boys. Galaxy Defenders stay forever! They've made so much amazing music. I don't even know what all to say about them. I love them 5EVER and 5EVER. Perf.

Favorite Songs: Lies, Five Colours in Her Hair, Transylvania, The Last Song, and Love Is On the Radio

So, those are my top 15 favorite bands/musicians of all time. Let me know down in the comments what you think of the musicians on this list, and what some of your all-time favorite musicians are!

Check out my links below!

   
Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!