Friday, February 5, 2016

Top 5 Albums of 2015

Hey, y'all! This is the eighth post in a 10-post series listing some of my favorite things. The first seven posts are lists of my current all-time favorites, while the last 3 posts include only favorites of 2015.

If you want to check out the other lists/posts in this series, you can check them out here:

If this list looks familiar, it's probably because it is. Somehow, my list of my favorite albums didn't change over the past year, so I essentially copied and pasted my list from last year. I wish I had something to change here, but I really don't.


#5: Magazines or Novels [Deluxe] by Andy Grammer

Now, you might consider this cheating because the original of this CD came out in 2014. However, it totally wasn't on my radar at its release and didn't make it on to the list last year because of that. I'm really not sure how I missed its release, because I checked multiple times to see if there was new Andy Grammer music, but somehow I didn't realize that this CD existed until hearing "Honey, I'm Good" on the radio in the spring. Regardless, I immediately downloaded the CD and I've listened to it regularly ever since. And the deluxe edition just has even more songs to love, including Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah), which has definitely become one of my favorite songs on the album. That aside, the songs on this CD fall into either the "endless repeat" category or the "rarely listen" category, which is why this is at the bottom of the list.

Best songs: Honey I'm Good, Back Home, Forever, Holding Out, and Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah)


#4: Astoria by Marianas Trench

Marianas Trench is one of my favorite bands, so getting this CD was a no-brainer. There are a lot of really great songs on this one, but much like Andy Grammer's CD, all the songs on this CD fall under either "endless repeat" or "rarely listen." The reason this one got higher is because A) I prefer Marianas Trench to Andy Grammer and B) Even though I prefer a handful of the songs over the others, I still really enjoy the others that I don't listen to as much. Overall, this definitely isn't my favorite Marianas Trench album, but I'm pretty sure that it will begin to grow on me very soon just like all their other albums have.

Best songs: Shut Up and Kiss Me, This Means War, Yesterday, and Burning Up.


#3: Future Hearts by All Time Low

An All Time Low album only made it to #3 for the year?!?! Yep, unfortunately, that's exactly where this one belongs. If I were to rank this one among all of the other All Time Low albums, this one would be above only Dirty Work, which is most ATL fans' least favorite ATL album- for MANY reasons. This one has some really great ones, a couple not-so-great ones, and then a lot of average ones. And while in general, I do really enjoy this CD, it's not up to the standard that a lot of other ATL albums set. Despite that, it's still a really good CD.

Best songs: Old Scars/Future Hearts, Dancing With a Wolf, and Don't You Go


#2: Blurryface by Twenty One Pilots

2015 was the first year where I really started listening to Twenty One Pilots. I'd heard their music before, but I didn't really have strong feelings one way or another. Then, I gave them another chance this year (I don't totally remember what prompted that) and really just fell in love, especially with this album. The album overall is just really solid, but on top of that there are also several standout songs on top of the rest of the really solid CD.

Best songs: Stressed Out, Lane Boy, Tear In My Heart, and Ride.


#1: Pentatonix by Pentatonix

This. Album. I have no idea how many times I blasted this album on repeat, and I'm not really sure that I want to know. I'm still listening to this on repeat more than 3 months later. It's just so good. I pre-ordered this one, and I remember getting an iTunes alert at about 11 PM the day before its release that said the album was available for download. My roommate and I freaked out and immediately downloaded it and began blasting it and were so, so impressed. This is definitely their best original music to date (except, maybe, On My Way Home, which was my favorite song released last year) and overall, it's just a really awesome album and it was definitely my favorite of 2015.

Best songs: Sing, Na Na Na, Ref, Cracked, and Lean On

So, those are my top 5 album releases of 2015. Let me know down in the comments what you think of the CDs on this list, and what some of your favorite releases of 2015 were!

Check out my links below!

   
Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!