Friday, January 1, 2016

Top 10 Favorite Movies

Hey, y'all! This is the first post in a 10-post series listing some of my favorite things. The first seven posts are lists of my current all-time favorites, while the last 3 posts include only favorites of 2015.

If you want to check out the other lists/posts in this series, you can check them out here:

Without any further stalling, here's my list of my top 10 favorite movies! (Ranked from 10-1 to save the best for last, and including last year's rankings for reference!)

10) The Shining
[Not on the list last year]

I'm actually really surprised that this didn't end up on my list last year- it's been one of my favorite movies for a really long time, and it has almost always made my top 10. It's my second favorite horror movie ever, and I really love it.

9) The Truman Show
[#9 Last Year]

I fell in love with this movie the first time I watched it all the way back in my freshman year of college. The concept is incredibly interesting, centering around a guy named Truman, who doesn't know that his life is the most popular TV show in the country or that he lives in a world constructed entirely for him. It's just so awesome and I love everything about it and never tire of it.

8) The Ring
[#10 Last Year]

I'm surprised that this movie was at the bottom of this list last year, because it's my all-time favorite horror movie and once again, it's been my favorite for a really long time. Not only does it have some good scares, but it's got a really great plot and the mood is super ominous and creepy.

7) Pitch Perfect
[#4 Last Year]

This movie is just pure hilarity. I relate to Beca so much and love the a cappella aspects as well. And Jesse is great. The sequel didn't quite live up to the original (but it did send my roommate and I into tears because we're seniors and it hit really close to home), but this one is just awesome.

6) 10 Things I Hate About You
[#5 Last Year]

This movie is beautiful. The characters are great and the dialogue has so many hilarious gems that my roommate and I sometimes have full conversations in 10 Things I Hate About You Quotes. It's just so great. Kat and Patrick are pretty much OTP status.

5) She's The Man
[#6 Last Year]

This is one of my longest-standing favorites. It's so, so, so hilarious and incredibly nostalgic for me at this point. Pre-crazy Amanda Bynes was my favorite actress, and this was definitely my favorite Amanda Bynes movie (although Sydney White is a close second!). I laugh, I cry, and I cringe at Viola trying to be a guy. Just so beautiful.

4) The Harry Potter Series
[Not on the list last year-- WHAT?!]

So... I'm an idiot. Somehow I managed to forget to put this one on this list. WUT? I mean, how did I forget HARRY FREAKING POTTER? AKA my favorite series EVAR?! Who knows. But the series is beautiful, and I love the movies. And it's this low because it would be unfair to put an entire 8 movie series any higher-- that would just be a cop out. 

3) Clue
[#3 Last Year]

I. LOVE. THIS. MOVIE. Fo real, my love for this movie just grows and grows over the years. At first, it was a so-bad-it's-good love, but given that it's purposely campy, it's grown to just pure love of this movie. It's hilarious, it's ridiculous, it's campy, and it's beautiful. I have the entire thing memorized and I never grow tired of it. Perfection. 

2) The Princess Bride
[#2 Last Year]

Another cult classic favorite. The Princess Bride is just awesome. Everyone should watch this movie, because it's just so great. I first saw it at age 9, and since then I've grown to love it more and more. It's just such a great movie. 

1) Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
[#1 Last Year]

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. My FAVORITE MOVIE. What can I say about this movie that I haven't already said about the preceding movies? Is it possible to gush more than I already have? IDK. But this movie is just THE BEST. So insanely hilarious. Totally my sense of humor. So silly. So fun. So many quotable lines. I just love this whole thing.

So, those are my top 10 favorite movies of all time. Let me know down in the comments what you think of the movies on this list, and what some of your all-time favorite movies are!

Check out my links below!

   
Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!