Saturday, January 2, 2016

Top 15 Favorite TV Shows

Hey, y'all! This is the second post in a 10-post series listing some of my favorite things. The first seven posts are lists of my current all-time favorites, while the last 3 posts include only favorites of 2015.

If you want to check out the other lists/posts in this series, you can check them out here:

Without any further stalling, here's my list of my top 15 favorite TV shows! They're ranked from 15-1 to save the best for last, and include last year's rankings for reference, as well as how much of the show I've seen!


15) America's Next Top Model
[#4 Last Year] 
I've seen: all of cycle 1, 3-5, 7, 9-21, and parts of all of the other cycles (2,6,8, and 22)

So, starting out the list with the show that I've probably seen the most episodes of, given that I've completed a whopping 18 cycles of it. So, if I've watched that many cycles of the show, why is it only at #15? Honestly, I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to. I used to binge-watch it and enjoy re-watching episodes, and I honestly can't even remember the last time I watched more than one episode at a time. I didn't even keep up with the most recent cycle when it was on. I still like it, and it'll probably make its way back up higher on this list, but this is where it finds itself right now.

14) Community
[#6 Last Year]
I've seen: Most of season 1 and all of seasons 2-4

I started watching Community in high school, and it quickly became a favorite of mine. However, I have a really weird relationship with it. I love the episodes I've watched, but I typically am really bad at keeping up with newer episodes. I didn't watch season 4 until at least a year after it aired, even though I was re-watching seasons 2 and 3 pretty regularly. And like with ANTM, I just haven't watched this one in quite a while. There are just so many other shows that I have wanted to watch that this one has gotten pushed aside recently.

13) Hell's Kitchen
[Not on the list last year]
I've seen: all of Seasons 1-4 & 7, parts of seasons 5, 6, and most of season 10

This one is a slightly more recent addition to the list. I first started watching it about a year and a half ago, and ended up binge watching the first 4 seasons in one fell swoop. Since then, I've watched off and on, especially recently. I'll probably end up watching even more pretty soon, which is why it's found itself slightly higher than some long running favorites. This is one that is really easy to watch while working, so that makes it ideal for watching while I'm working. And I just really like Gordon Ramsay. 

12) American Horror Story
[#10 Last Year]
I've seen: all of Murder House, most of Freak Show, half of Asylum, and an episode apiece of Coven and Hotel

As you can see, I'm all over the place with this show. I really enjoyed Murder House, and moved immediately on to Asylum, but stopped halfway through the season. I watched almost all of Freak show when it was on, but I was on break at my parents' house when the last few episodes aired and I just forgot to keep up. I watched the first episode of Hotel and really liked it, so I keep meaning to catch up, and I just keep not catching up. Hopefully, I can do that though, because it's giving me major "The Shining" vibes, and that's one of my favorite movies. Either way, this is a really interesting and creative show and I hope to finish off my un-watched episodes soon.

11) Supernatural
[#9 Last Year]
I've seen: all of Season 1 and half of season 2

It makes me really sad to see how little of this show I've actually watched. And I love everything that I've watched. The problem is that it's one of those shows that you actually have to watch and pay close attention to so that you don't miss anything, and I am a serial multi-tasker. I typically can't just sit and watch something without doing something else at the same time, and that's honestly why I haven't made more headway with this show. And that makes me really sad, because I love the characters, and it's a really interesting premise and world and plot. I just really enjoy it.

10) Say Yes to the Dress (all versions)
[Not on the list last year]
I've seen: A lot of episodes, but I'm not sure how much of specific seasons I've seen. 

I have to admit, Bride Day Friday is definitely a thing I look forward to on a regular basis. Lately, they haven't really been doing that anymore, but it's been on Sunday afternoons, so I take what I can get. My favorites of the shows are definitely the ones set in Atlanta (Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta and Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids) but I also really love the original show and Randy Knows Best. I've seen SO MANY EPISODES of this show that it's pretty ridiculous, but I love it nonetheless.

9) Buffy the Vampire Slayer
[Not on the list last year]
I've seen: all of Seasons 1&2, part of season 3

This is another recent addition. I started watching this at the beginning of the summer at the suggestion of my roommate, Sarah. This is one of her favorites, and she's re-watched it several times, and I can totally see why. I fell in love with it almost immediately, and binge-watched the first two seasons in about a week. And I kinda binged myself out, because similarly to Supernatural, this is one of those that packs so much stuff into an episode that you feel like you've run a marathon by the time the hour is up. Since then, I haven't returned to it, because I haven't really been in the mood to watch it, but I hope to get back to it pretty soon so that I can watch the rest of the show. 

8) Big Brother
[Not on the list last year]
I've seen: all of Seasons 15&16, half apiece of 14 & 17

This is probably the most recent addition to the list, as well as possibly my most quickly binged show ever. I started watching it this summer, starting with season 17, which was the current season. And then I caught up to season 17 and started watching season 16... which was 40 episodes long. Took me 5 days. And then I binged on season 15, and got halfway through season 14 before I binged myself out. That was also about the halfway point of season 17 as well, so I didn't end up finishing that either. But I really enjoy the concept of the show and really want to finish up those seasons and get to the older seasons. Just... at a slower pace this time. Because I ended up binge watching over 100 episodes of the show, plus listening to a podcast about it, all in a very short span of time. Did I mention I was also working full time? Kristen be cray.

7) The Taste
[#5 Last Year]
I've seen: Every episode [Seasons 1-3]

This is the first show on the list where I've seen every episode. Unfortunately, I have officially seen every episode that will air, because The Taste got cancelled after season 3 ended in 2015. That seriously almost broke my heart, because I think the format is really great and unique. It's basically like The Voice, but for food. The four coaches taste food blindly and create their teams and have to compete with their teams throughout the season. It's just a really cool show with an interesting concept and awesome coaches, and it will definitely be missed. 

6) Top Chef
[#3 Last Year]
I've seen: all of seasons 1-11, part of season 12. 
Caught up on current season (13).

This marks the spot where we get into my all-time favorite TV shows. This one and #5 are mostly tied, but this one got just slightly edged out because I've seen every episode of it and re-watch it more often than I re-watch Top Chef. Either way, this is the show I've been watching for longer than any other show on this list. Seasons 1-5 are my absolute faves, and I've seen all 5 more times than I can count. Unfortunately, I don't get Bravo on campus, so I have trouble keeping up with new episodes. But, this is a long-standing favorite and probably will remain that way for quite a while.

5) RuPaul's Drag Race
[#7 Last Year]
I've seen: Every episode [Seasons 1-7]

My roommate and I re-watch this show ALL.THE.TIME. We both absolutely love this show, and even went to go see Bianca Del Rio's Rolodex of Hate a few weeks ago. I first started watching it back in my sophomore year of college, when she had already seen a few seasons, and I ended up binge watching a couple seasons in a row. Then, this time last year, even though we were in separate places, we watched episodes of the show together and texted back and forth. (If you hadn't noticed, we're kind of adorable). Anyway, our favorite season is season 6, and we watch it over and over, along with seasons 4&5 and Untucked. I just love Drag Race a lot and watch it over and over and over.

4) The Mole
[#8 Last Year]
I've Seen: Every episode [Seasons 1-5] and all of seasons 3-5 of the Australian version

THIS. SHOW. It's fairly unknown, but it's beautiful. The concept is that there is a group of contestants who compete together in challenges to win money for the group pot, which one of them will win at the end. However, one of the contestants is "The Mole," a saboteur planted by production whose sole goals are to keep the group from winning money and to keep their identity a secret. The contestants' goal is to figure out who is The Mole. At the end of each episode, they take a quiz that consists of questions about the Mole's identity, and whoever does the worst is eliminated. Seasons 3&4 were celebrity seasons, which weren't quite as good as the normal seasons, but I just think that this show has a really interesting concept and is just really cool. The first season is the best (not to mention that seasons 1&2 are hosted by Anderson Cooper), but it's just great overall. I love the show so much that I ended up watching a handful of Australian seasons. The only reason I didn't watch the rest of the Australian seasons was because I accidentally spoiled myself for the identity of the mole. I should probably stop rambling, but I could just talk about this show forever.

3) Sherlock
[Not on the list last year]
I've seen: Every episode [Seasons 1-3]

This is another show that I fell in love with this year, but I definitely fell harder for this one than for any of the other shows that I began watching this year. This show is just so clever. That's the best way that I can describe it. The plots are insanely smart, the humor is on point, and the effects/editing are really cleverly done. I love absolutely everything about this show, and am eagerly anticipating the special episode as well as season 4. It's just such a wonderful show and I can't say enough good things about it.

2) The Office
[#2 Last Year]
I've seen: Every episode [Seasons 1-9]

This is an incredibly long-standing favorite. I started watching The Office during my freshman year of high school. I actually used to rent the DVDs from Blockbuster, and that's how I made my way through most of the first few seasons. I just love everything about the show. The characters are great, the plot is awesome, and overall, it's just really great.

1) Project Runway
[#1 Last Year]
I've seen: all of Seasons 1-13, most of Season 14

Project Runway is my definitive favorite TV show of all time. I've watched the show SO MANY TIMES. I've ranked the designers from favorite to least favorite on several occasions, I've ranked the seasons, and I could probably list the elimination order of every designer in every season. It's an obsession of near-Harry Potter levels and I just absolutely love it

So, those are my top 15 favorite TV shows of all time. Let me know down in the comments what you think of the shows on this list, and what some of your all-time favorite TV shows are!

Check out my links below!

   
Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!