Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bookshelf Tour: Home Edition!

Hey y'all! So, last month I did a bookshelf tour and promised that two more bookshelf tours would follow pretty closely behind it. Well, we have reached the first of those two! Last week, I was able to take a week off of work and go home. Well... not really home, but to where my parents live. They moved after I graduated high school. But anyway, I digress. While I was at "home," I was able to go through my bookshelves and re-organize them and clean out some stuff. So, I took some pictures of the shelves, and it's now time for my Bookshelf Tour: Home Edition!

This time, it'll be in just one single part. I'll go shelf by shelf and give an overview of its organization and then go book by book saying whether or not I've read it/ how many times I've read it.

If you'd like, you can also check out my last bookshelf tour by clicking here for part 1 (overview and organization) or here for part 2 (specifics and read/unread).


So, as you can see, I have everything divided by the six cubes. The top two cubes are double-stacked, as is the bottom right cube. The other three cubes are just single stacked.

So, a quick chat about the stuff on top of my bookshelf. On the far left, you'll see a stack of books. Those are all of my yearbooks, K-12. They're mostly in order, but my freshman yearbook is massive so it can't really fit anywhere but the bottom of the stack.

Beside those, you'll see a collar with a card on top. When I was 6, my family adopted a puppy named Sean, and we had him for 12 years before we had to put him down. The pet hospital sent us a card and so I put it on display with Sean's collar.
Whatta cutie!
Beside that, you'll see a little person. That is my Dwight K. Schrute bobble-head ornament. He says various things. I can't remember all of them, but I know one is from the season 3 ep. when he's job hunting and naming words that describe him. In case I haven't mentioned this, I'm a huge fan of The Office. I've seen every single episode, most of them multiple times. 

Lastly, we have the piggy bank. That's from my graduation party. My friends got that for people to put my graduation gifts in, and I decided to keep it because it was pretty cute. 

OK, on to the shelves!

This shelf is divided into 3 sections. The first and most obvious one is my Harry Potter paperback collection. These are the first copies of the books that I own, and as you can see, they have been well-loved and read many times over. The second section consists of my Harry Potter accompanying literature. This is mostly comprised of analyses of the series. Finally, I have some list books.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone- Read (5ish times)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- Read (5ish times)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- Read (5-7 times)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- Read (3-5 times)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- Read (3-5 times)
What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7- Read
Muggles and Magic- unread
Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter (Books 1-4) - Read
Vs.: A Journal of Choices- unfinished
Music Journal (by Moleskine)- unfinished
Music Listography- unfinished
My Listography- unfinished



On the next shelf over, we have some of my favorite series. If you have seen my first bookshelf tour, you'll know that the other two books in the Mortal Instruments series are at school with me, and that I have the entire Pendragon series at school with me in hardcover. 

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare- Read (3 times)
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare- Read (twice)
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare- Read (twice)
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare- Read
The Merchant of Death by DJ MacHale- Read (3/4 times)
The Lost City of Faar by DJ MacHale- Read (twice)
The Never War by DJ MacHale- Read (twice)
The Reality Bug by DJ MacHale- Read (twice)
Black Water by DJ MacHale- Read (twice)
The Rivers of Zadaa by DJ MacHale- Read (twice)



Moving down to the next row, we have my shelf that I have labelled the "paranormal romance" shelf. Although I'm not quite sure if The Host is a romance but since it's Stephanie Meyer, I'll just assume it is. 

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer- Read (5ish times)
New Moon by Stephanie Meyer- Read 2-4 times)
Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer- Read (2-4 times)
Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer- Read (5ish times)
The Host by Stephanie Meyer- unread
Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick- unread
Beastly by Alex Finn- unread



Beside the paranormal romance shelf, we have my shelf of assorted YA books and nostalgia books... AKA books from my childhood. 

The Muder of Bindy Mackenzie by Jaclyn Moriarty- Read
The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler- Read (twice)
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell- unread
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan- unread
The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols- Read (2/3 times)
The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey- Read (several times)
Mrs. Piggle Wiggle by Betty MacDonald- Read (several times)
The Magic Tree House #8: Midnight on the Moon by Mary Pope Osbourne- Read (several times)
A to Z Mysteries #1: The Absent Author by Ron Roy- Read (several times)
A to Z Mysteries #8: The Haunted Hotel by Ron Roy- Read (several times)
A to Z Mysteries #13: The Missing Mummy by Ron Roy- Read (several times)
A to Z Mysteries #18: The Runaway Racehorse by Ron Roy- Read (several times)
The House on Hackman's Hill by Joan Lowery Nixon- Read (several times)
Double Identity by Margaret Peterson Haddix- Read (twice)
All-American Girl by Meg Cabot- Read (10-12 times)
Rob&Sara.com by PJ Petersen and Ivy Ruckman- Read
Midnight For Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo- Read (2/3 times)
Banner in the Sky by James Ramsey Ullman- Read (2/3 times)
Call it Courage by Armstrong Sperry- Read



We're now on the last row, which as you can probably tell, is where I keep my Agatha Christie collection. All of these books, except the two on top, are from her Poirot series, the only series of hers that I've read from so far. And of course, I've read And Then There Were None, but I won't go into another discussion about that beautiful novel. And I have a duplicate copy of one of these because no one warned me about title changes, and I thought they were different books. Also, I thought these were in order, but I have discovered a couple are out of order and it's bothering me greatly. I'm honestly tempted to call my mom and ask her to fix it. But I won't, because it's currently 1 AM.  

Murder on the Links- Read
Lord Edgware Dies- unread
The Big Four- Read
Murder on the Orient Express- Read (twice)
Three Act Tragedy- Read
The ABC Murders- Read
Cards on the Table- Read
Appointment With Death- unread
Murder After Hours- unread
Mrs. McGinty's Dead- unread
After The Funeral- Read
Funerals are Fatal- Read (this is a duplicate of the book above)
Hickory Dickory Death- unread
Cat Among the Pigeons- unread 
Third Girl- unread
Elephants Can Remember- unread 
Curtain- unread

Death Comes As The End- unread
Crooked House- unread



Finally, the last shelf is the most random. These are mostly non-fiction and adult novels... plus Eragon. The first four are books I used in one of my required freshman classes in college, and I don't even know why I still have them. Either way, I'm not going to discuss them, partially because they're unimportant, and partially because I don't really know what they're called and can't read their spines.

Dictionary of Dreams
Writing for Children & Teenagers- unread
Writing Fiction and Nonfiction- Read- Read 
The Birth Order Book by Kevin Leman- unread
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson- unread
Eragon by Christopher Paolini- unread
The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald- Read
A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare- Read
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card- Read
The Shining by Stephen King- unread


These books are on the same shelf as those in the section above, but these are behind them. These books are the ones I plan on getting rid of in the near future. Rather than go through all of them, I'll just let you know that the only ones I've read are the two on the right (Midnighters Books 1&3). Some of these books are ones that I know I'm probably never going to pick up (Cirque Du Freak, Found, Ten Great Mysteries, Book of Shadows, The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, Everything's Eventual, and Shutter Island). Then there's All The Pretty Horses, which I was supposed to read for school, but I hated it and only read a little. Finally, the last few books (Maximum Ride and the Midnighters books) are ones that I want in different editions. Because I hate mass-market paperback.


These books all sit on the shelf behind the Harry Potter books. Almost all of these, except the "simple diary" on the right, are quiz books. I'll save you the bore of going through all of them one by one. Just know that I've looked through these and taken the quizzes many, many times.


And finally, the last shelf. These books sit behind the "favorite series" books. As you can see, I have a lot of journals. And this isn't even all of them. Most of these have very little in them. The only one that's actually full is the pink one laying on top of the other books. It's one that I filled up when I was really young, and it's full of little short stories. I'm really glad that my writing has matured since then. It's tragic. Maybe I'll share one of the stories with y'all. I'm not sure if that would be a "so bad it's funny" scenario or a "terrible, cringe-worthy, oh-no-look-away" scenario.

So there you go, those are the books on my bookshelf at home! As promised, I will have a bookshelf tour for my apartment bookshelf coming out... sometime. Probably in September. I've got a lot of stuff in the plans for the rest of the month, so probably not 'til September.

I've also created a Facebook page for my blog, so if you want to check that out and like it, you can click HERE. I'll try to keep that pretty up-to-date with new posts and such.

Thanks for reading this! If you like my posts, don't forget to subscribe/follow, since it lets me know that you're enjoying what I'm doing. See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!