Friday, February 14, 2014

Project 10 Pan: Update #1!

Hey, y'all! I was going to wait a bit longer to do an update on Project 10 Pan, but it's been going so well that I decided to go ahead and post an update! If you want to check out the other Project 10 Pan Posts, you can click one of the links below.

Original Project 10 Pan Post
Update Post #2

So a bit of a clarification here, because I wasn't even sure how I was going to do this when I first started. I'm going to consider my project 10 pan completed when I have hit pan on every single product in my Project 10 Pan. The point is to use it all up, but there's at least one product that is going to take a while to hit pan and at that point I'm going to be SO done with it. But hopefully at that point everything else will be completed or almost completed!

Also, I think that I'm going to be doing another Project 10 Pan after this, for much of the same reasons as why I did this one- to save money. Throughout this Project 10 Pan, I've been making lists of things that beauty gurus suggest that I really want. By the end of this, if I still really want it, I'm going to get it and then begin the next project 10 pan. This will help eliminate impulse buying and help me focus on the products I already own. So far, I'm fairly convinced that I'm going to be buying NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat powder foundation by the end of this, as well as NYX's setting spray and Wet N Wild's Comfort Zone palette. But that's further along the line.

Beside each product that I've completely finished, I'll put "complete" and for the ones I've hit pan on, I'll put "panned." Also, for the products that are completely gone, I'll say whether or not I'll repurchase. Let's get into the updating!

Project 10 Pan

#1) e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator- COMPLETE
Before
After

As you can see, I used up the whole thing! This was actually the first thing I used up, because I found myself applying it several times throughout the day.
Amount of product left: NONE!
Opinion about the product: It's ok. I like it better than I did when I started.
Will I repurchase? Nope, not planning on it...


#2) L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup



A new picture won't do any good for this, because you can't tell how much is left. I've been neglecting this just a little bit, because I was using powder so much, but I plan on getting on this and finishing it up
Amount of product left: Less than I had before, but not totally sure
Opinion about the product: The more I use it, the more I realize that it actually is a pretty good color match for me. Overall, I like it!


#3) L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder- PANNED

Before
After
I've been mostly using this as my foundation, and it's paid off! I expected to see the rings before the center, so I was totally surprised to see a patch of pan!
Amount of product left: A fair amount. Not a ton, but it's certainly still usable.
Opinion about the product: I really like it when I first put it on, but if I don't set it with the right powder, it doesn't look so great after a few hours.


#4) e.l.f. Translucent Mattifying Powder- COMPLETE


Before
After
Wow. It may look like there's still some usable powder in the corners, but I just can't get it out. Especially not with my big kabuki. I was really surprised at how quickly this went. It was nowhere near as deep a pan as I thought. I used it as my setting powder every day, but it's been gone for about 2 weeks at this point!
Amount of product left: None.
Opinion about the product: I like it, but it's definitely not completely translucent. It's slightly darker than my skin tone, and I can definitely tell that it warms up my complexion a bit.
Will I repurchase? Maybe. If I do, I'll use it as a carry-around powder for my purse.


#5) e.l.f. Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara


Before

After
I've used quite a bit of this, since I use it practically every day. I'm surprised it's not gone yet!
Amount of product left: A 1/4 of the eyelash side, which is the one I'm using.
Opinion about the product: I still like it. I'm just ready to be able to throw one of these away.


#6) e.l.f. Eye Shadow Refills- Peach Fizz, Driftwood

Before
After

I know that originally, I had all four on there, but I realized that's just not OK. And you can't get mad at me, because I had FOUR things taking up a single spot. I've narrowed it down to just the two mid-tone shades, which I tend to wear more anyway. 
Amount of product left: Maybe 3/4 of each one.
Opinion about the product: They're OK. I'll kinda be glad to be rid of them.


#7) e.l.f. Cover Everything Concealer- PANNED


Before

After
I was actually a little surprised to hit pan, but I tend to work at the same area for a while, so it was bound to happen. I'm going to keep using it though, since the point is to use it all up.
Amount of product left: Still quite a bit.
Opinion about the product: The texture isn't my favorite, and it's a bit dark for me, but it works.


#8) e.l.f. Eyelid Primer



Once again, another picture wouldn't do anything since you can't see inside. How on earth is this not gone yet? Because I forget to use it! I've used it ~4 times a week since starting this. I just constantly forget that it's a step I need to incorporate into my routine. It'll be gone by my next update... maybe?
Amount of product left: Maybe a 1/4 of it.
Opinion about the product: I like it, but sometimes it's a bit too light. Which is a shocker since nothing is ever too light on me.


#9) e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzer


Before

After

This is the one that's going to take forever. I can only use so much daily, and there's quite a bit to use. But, I've been using it pretty much every day! I can kinda see the lines of the pan, so maybe it's getting close to hitting pan?
Amount of product left: Quite a bit
Opinion about the product: The more I use it, the more I think it's more of a coral pink, which I'm not such a fan of for blush. I'll be glad to be done with this.

#10) L'Oreal Magic Anti-Redness Correcting Primer



Once again, a new picture would be a little useless, since it looks the exact same. I've been using it every day, so it's just a matter of time before it's all gone
Amount of product left: Maybe 1/4? I can't really tell.
Opinion about the product: I don't mind it, but I want to finish it up before moving on.

Bonus Products

Oops.


So, these bonus products were a thing... and now they're not. The last couple weeks have been extremely chaotic with school and I've paid less and less attention to the stuff I'm putting all over my face. So, at this point, I'm just going to focus my attention on the products in my actual Project 10 Pan.

So, here's my plan for my Project 10 Pan. I'm hoping to be done with this by the end of the semester. Here's why. When I wasn't on Project 10 Pan, if I saw one of my favorite makeup gurus saying how awesome a product was... I'd probably go buy it the next day. This, however, has given me clarity, and I've been able to see what products I've been wanting throughout this whole thing. So, once I'm done with Project 10 Pan, I'm going to purchase any products I've been wanting throughout the whole thing (2 or 3 come to mind so far) and then start on another Project 10 Pan, which will probably last the summer. So, that's the plan so far!

I'll probably post another update in a few weeks, depending upon how quickly this moves along. Also, don't forget to check back for my new chapter of The Secret Lightning Scar [A Harry Potter Fanfic], which goes up tomorrow at 11 AM central time! Thanks for reading, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!! I'm from Brazil and I'm really waiting for you to update the project !!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!