Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Kelly Clarkson- Breakaway

Hey, y'all! It's time for me to talk about another CD on my shelf! As always, I put my iTunes on shuffle, and the CD containing the first song that played is the one I'll be talking about! This one's a bit out of the ordinary for me, but I think you'll be familiar with this one...



Release Date: November 30, 2004
Genre: Pop, Pop Rock

Track Listing
  1. Breakaway
  2. Since U Been Gone
  3. Behind These Hazel Eyes
  4. Because of You
  5. Gone
  6. Addicted
  7. Where Is Your Heart
  8. Walk Away
  9. You Found Me
  10. I Hate Myself for Losing You
  11. Hear Me
  12. Beautiful Disaster (Live)



About Kelly Clarkson: 
I mean, is there anything I can really tell you that you don't already know? She won season 1 of American Idol back in 2002, had a bit of a rocky start and then blew up the charts with this CD and has been successful ever since.

My Opinion about Kelly Clarkson:
As far as pop singers go, I think she's one of the best. She can sing exceptionally well, which is something that many pop singers can't actually say. She also seems to be really nice and down to earth, which is another thing many celebrities can't say. She's one of the few pop artists that I'll admit to actually liking.

About the CD:  
This has been Kelly's most successful CD. Back in 2004, I don't think I had a single friend who didn't have this CD. In the US alone, it's a multi-platinum selling CD, and has sold even more worldwide. This CD put her career back on a successful track.

IMHO: 
This may surprise you from all of my punk CDs, but I used to really enjoy pop music. I really loved this CD back in 5th grade, when it came out. Now, the nostalgia keeps me enjoying it. Maybe we should just go back to the pop/ pop rock music of the early 2000s, when they used actual instruments, like guitars. That would be nice.

As always, I'm going to give each song a rating out of 10 and then give a brief explanation of why it got that rating. 

Breakaway- 9/10. I used to think this song was just perfect, and it was my favorite for a while, but it's slipped a bit simply because I've heard it way too many times
Since U Been Gone- 9.5/10. I love when Kelly gets up into a belt range, and the hook of this one is up in there. I just really enjoy this.
Behind These Hazel Eyes- 9.5/10. This one has always been one of my favorite!
Because of You- 8.5/10. This one was really popular with everyone, and though I like it, it's not my favorite.
Gone- 7.5/10. It's never been one of my favorite, but it's still a fun song.
Addicted- 7/10. It's ok. I just think it's a bit boring, honestly.
Where Is Your Heart- 8/10. As stated earlier, I enjoy Kelly's belt range. It's a good song.
Walk Away- 10/10. For the longest time, I didn't like this song, and would always skip it. However, it slowly became my favorite song on the CD. I love the attitude in this song. It's just great.
You Found Me- 8/10. I dunno, I just kinda like it. Is it so bad to like a song but not have an explanation?
I Hate Myself for Losing You- 6/10. I'm not a big fan of the concept, and it's not a memorable song.
Hear Me- 6/10. Just boring. I have no other explanation.
Beautiful Disaster (Live)- 8/10. I think this song is super cute and I like it!

Favorite Songs: Walk Away is definitely my favorite, followed by Since U Been Gone and Behind These Hazel Eyes

Least Favorite Songs: I Hate Myself for Losing You and Hear Me, for sure.

Video! 


Walk Away Music Video


Behind These Hazel Eyes Music Video


Rating: 8/10. Of pop albums, I'd definitely say that this is one of the best ones. However, for me, I enjoy it but I don't listen to it much.

Hope you liked my newest "The CDs on my Shelf" post! Have any questions? Do you like Kelly Clarkson? Have you had this CD for as long as I have? Let me know all of this in the comments. If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow, because it lets me know y'all are liking them! Hope you enjoyed! Comment, comment, comment! I love feedback! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!