Tuesday, December 31, 2013

7 Day New Years Challenge 2014

Hey, y'all! Since it's New Years Eve, I figured I should do the New Years Challenge! It's only 7 questions/days, but there are several lists, so it took me a while to come up with the answers. Enjoy!


Day One - Ten things you did this year.

  1. Turned 19, which was the age I always wanted to be when I was younger. Why I wanted to be 19, I have NO idea, but I always wanted to be 19. 
  2. Started my first retail job. It was also the first job where I actually got to spend my money on myself (my first job was part of a financial aid package for school).
  3. Decided on a major! Music/Psych combo!
  4. Got serious about blogging. I'd blogged before, but never to the level which I do now.
  5. Dyed the tips of my hair and my bangs bright red. Gone, but never forgotten!
  6. Discovered several musicians who are now staples in my iTunes (Sleeping With Sirens and Pentatonix are two prime examples)
  7. Got so insanely addicted to Youtube and discovered Youtubers who are now major staples in my life. This time last year, I didn't know who Danisnotonfire was. Seriously, Kristen?!
  8. Started living with my two best friends. It's pretty much the best living situation ever.
  9. Got Netflix and realized how perfect it is at life.
  10. Miraculously passed 2 more semesters of college!

Day Two - Top five songs of the year.
This is in no particular order (seriously, I couldn't do that), and I limited it to only 1 song per artist.

  1. Still Into You by Paramore. This was the hardest to choose, because there are so many tracks from their album that I love. It was between this, Grow Up, Ain't It Fun, and Anklebiters. This one had literally one more play than the other 3, so I chose this one. 
  2. Save Rock and Roll by Fall Out Boy Feat. Elton John. I went back and forth on which track from their album to choose. It was between this one, Young Volcanoes, and The Mighty Fall. In the end, this one has been on repeat for the longest. I love it.
  3. A Love Like War by All Time Low Feat. Vic Fuentes (of Pierce The Veil). This is such a great song, and I love Vic Fuentes. Having him on there just makes it that much better.
  4. Can't Hold Us by Pentatonix. PTX Vol. II came out this year, and I've been greatly enjoying it. All the songs are great, but this one is a big standout for me.
  5. Love Is On The Radio by McFly. The latest single by my favorite band. It's been playing on repeat ever since it was released.

Day Three - Five favorite photos of 2013.
Mount Rushmore (July)

Dorm room (August) before all the posters!
Me & my roommates on the first day of class (August)

Jazz at the Levitt Shell! (September)

Roomies! (September)

Day Four - Three people who influenced you this year.

  1. My academic adviser. She taught a psychology of music class, and it helped me to realize the direction I wanted to go with my major and in life.
  2. My roomies. They made me do stuff even when I didn't want to, which is a big reason I survived this past semester.
  3. My parents. Mostly obligatory, since I live with them! 


Day Five - Five things that have changed this year.

  1. My major. Well, kinda. I'm still doing music, but I'm doing both music and psychology now, which was unexpected.
  2. My friends. Again, this is only somewhat. Some of the people I was close with last year just aren't people I enjoy being around anymore. People who I considered to be very close friends are now people I don't even talk to because they completely shut me out and were jerks. But now, I know who I can actually trust.
  3. Blogging. This has become a big part of my life since the summer, and it's a great change!
  4. My living situation. I'm living with people I get along well with, and it's a very happy change.
  5. Me. That's so basic and cliche, but it's true. Although it feels like 2013 has gone by really quickly, when I think back to this time last year, SO much has changed, and I'm a different person than I was last year.


Day Six - Top five movies of the year. 
I've barely seen any of the movies that came out this year... I'll list the ones I liked, and then give you a list of all the movies I want to see from this year.

  1. Insidious: Chapter 2. I usually don't like sequels, but I really enjoyed how this one played with time, and began with you being really confused and allowing you to figure it out as it went along.
  2. Evil Dead. As good as the original? Of course not. But it was nice and gory and I liked it.
  3. Warm Bodies. I actually forgot I saw this because it was so long ago, but I did actually like it. I can't remember a ton about it except that I liked it.
  4. The Lone Ranger. This wasn't necessarily a good movie, but I barely saw any movies this year, so I figured I should include it. And I love Johnny Depp regardless of what he does. 
Yeah, those are the ones I saw. Now here are the ones I wanted to see: The Hobbit 2, Frozen, City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments), The Great Gatsby, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, The Conjuring, Ender's Game, Dallas Buyers Club, The Purge, and The Bling Ring.


Day Seven - New Year’s Resolution

I have a few, but my main resolution is to be better about blogging on a schedule. I've made an official schedule on the new "About Kristen's Brain..." section of my blog, which has a little about me section, as well as a section about the blog. If you'd like to check that out, you can click HERE. I'm going to try and stick to that as much as possible. There will probably be more posts than that, if the idea strikes, but I won't know that until then. 

What I DO know, however, is that TOMORROW will be the release of my fanfic teaser! Obviously I haven't told you what it's a fanfic of, but all in good time! I was going to give you a hint, but I always FIND it hard to do hints without giving it away. See, while some diehards might have understood that hint immediately, the majority of people have no idea what I'm talking about. And I siriusly can't come up with a good hint, so you'll just have to see tomorrow!

The first section will be posted Saturday, January 4, in accordance with the new schedule. It's something I've been working on and editing for quite a whole, and I really hope y'all enjoy it!

Also, as an added bonus, I think I'm going to make a post about my favorite CDs that came out of 2013. If it's not within the next few days, it'll probably be the CDs On My Shelf post for next week!

Hope y'all have a very happy new year, and I hope to see y'all back here again tomorrow and in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!