Wednesday, December 25, 2013

26 Day Christmas Challenge

Hey, y'all! In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I'd post the 26 day Christmas challenge! Enjoy! 

Day 1: Favorite Christmas song and why?

Rudolph! I'm such a five year old at heart, and it will always be my favorite, and I will always sing it with the additions like "like a light bulb" and "like Monopoly."

Day 2: Favorite Christmas movie and why?

Elf! It's just too funny and it's not Christmas in my house until we've watched Elf. 

Day 3: Hot chocolate or hot apple cider?

Hot chocolate. Especially with peppermint and marshmallows. Hot apple cider can't even come close!

Day 4: Does your family have any traditions?

Yes. My grandpa has this thing where he can't just GIVE me my gift, because that's just too easy. He gives me clues, sends me on a whole scavenger hunt, and gives me all kinds of gag gifts. My whole family is always anxious to see what he was going to do. This year, I had to dig through rocks and got the weirdest pajama pants ever as a gag gift.

Day 5: Favorite Christmas memory

When I was 8, my cousins and I were asleep upstairs in my grandparents' house, and we woke up in the middle of the night and convinced ourselves that we saw Santa's beard sticking out of the bathroom and we were too scared to get up and look to see if it was him, so we just laid there and couldn't get back to sleep. And in the morning, whatever we saw was gone, so we were totally convinced that it was Santa.

Day 6: who is your favorite reindeer?

Comet. Because Comet is a cool name. 

Day 7: Have you been naughty or nice this year?

Nice, of course!

Day 8: What is your favorite food at Christmas time?

Cherry cheesecake! I also really enjoy stuffing.. and mashed potatoes... and everything else.

Day 9: What are you doing for Christmas this year?

I'm going to be at my grandparents' house, hanging out with my family. That's pretty much what I do every Christmas.

Day 10: Kissing under the mistletoe…have you done it?

That's way too cheesy for my taste.

Day 11: What kind of Christmas tree do you have?

A fake one which, for the first time in the 19 years I've been alive, was not put up this year. But my grandparents put theirs up, so we're all good.

Day 12: Do you take part in secret Santa?

I think I've done it once or twice, but White Elephant/Dirty Santa is so much more fun.

Day 13: Have you ever had a white Christmas? If yes, do you ever want to have Christmas without snow and vice versa.

I've always lived in the south, so I've never gotten to have a white Christmas. My parents moved north last year, so there's always snow up there in the winter. BUT we spend Christmas with my family in the south. So I've never actually been in a snowy place on Christmas, which is really depressing.

Day 14: How many Christmas card do you usually send out? 

None...

Day 15: Have you started Christmas stocking yet?

Nope. And it's technically Christmas.

Day 16: When did you find out Santa wasn’t real?

Easter, in 3rd grade I think. Or maybe 4th? I found out that the Easter bunny wasn't real and kinda just deduced everything from there. 

Day 17: Have you ever been to a Christmas parade?

Not that I know of...

Day 18: Which lights are better: white or colored and blinking or still?

Twinkling white lights or still colored lights. No combo of the two.

Day 19: If you were an elf what would your name be?

Uhhh... I don't even know what an elf name would sound like... Lainey?

Day 20: What color ornaments do you put on your tree?

Not a specific color. We have all different ornaments, which my parents have accumulated over the years from the places they have visited. So we have all different colors.

Day 21: What kind of tree you have: fake or real? If real, what type?

This question was definitely already asked. Fake.

Day 22: Do you hand a wreath up?

I'm assuming this is a typo, because it doesn't make any sense as-is. I don't hang wreaths up.

Day 23: Ham or Turkey?

Ham. Not even a question in the slightest.

Day 24: Do you go to a church service or go caroling?

I'd rather just stay at home...

Day 25: Does your family have a Christmas breakfast or dinner?

Neither! We do the Christmas meal at lunch.

Day 26: How was your Christmas?

Pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!