Saturday, March 22, 2014

30 Day Divergent Challenge

Hey, y'all! As y'all already know, I typically choose my challenges based off whatever I'm obsessing over. Although I'm a bit past the obsession stage with this one, the movie came out yesterday, so it's time to get excited again!

Also, there is at least 1 repeat question, so I'm going to replace it... And I've read all the books so if you haven't, I'm going to give you a *SPOILER ALERT* because I will be talking about some spoilery stuff in here and I'd hate to spoil anyone the way I was spoiled while reading the books.

Speaking of the books, I did a book discussion/ review about them a few weeks back, which you can see by clicking HERE.

I spent way too much time devouring the books a couple weeks ago, so let's get down to business and spend even more time talking about them!


1) Your Faction
I actually took a quiz and I would be Divergent! But I was mostly Erudite and Dauntless. I'd probably choose Erudite, though. And then on the recent Buzzfeed quiz, I got Erudite. So I'm just going to claim it as my own.


2) Favorite Character
Hmmm... probably Tobias/ Four. I also really like Uriah. But Tobias is probably my favorite.


3) Least Favorite Character

Ooh... I could be obvious and say something like Jeanine or Peter, but I won't. Of our main people, I'll choose Christina. She's a great friend to Tris, but after a while, she becomes a little pointless. I wish that she had died instead of Uriah. I loved Uriah.

4) Favorite Shipping
Uh... Tris and Tobias. That should be obvious.


5) Least-Favorite Shipping
Christina and Uriah. I liked her and Will together, and I was really upset when he died. They made sense. Uriah and Christina? NAH.
Christina + Will 5EVER!

6) Favorite Friendship
Tris and Uriah! I wish I was Tris and had Uriah as a guy friend. He's super cool. Can you tell I love Uriah? Don't even get me started on the fact that they left Uriah out of the ENTIRE FIRST MOVIE. I understand that he isn't so important to the plot until #2 but if he never shows up in the movies, I'm going to be very upset.

7) Least Favorite Friendship
When Nita and Tobias were friends in Allegiant. Just NO. I never trusted or liked her, and it made me so mad when Tris tried to warn Tobias about Nita and he accused her of just being jealous.

8) Favorite Symbol
It's a tie between Erudite, Dauntless, and Amity, which are also the factions that I think are the most like me!

9) Dream cast for Tris

I thought someone like AnnaSophia Robb would be good. She's blonde, and pretty short. I don't dislike Shailene Woodley for the role, but I;m not sure how they thought that fit the description of Tris.

10) Dream cast for Tobias

Alex Pettyfer! We couldn't get him for Jace (The Mortal Instruments) , so it would've been really nice to get him for Tobias. I think he fits Tobias really well... better than Theo James for sure!

11) Favorite quote

12) Favorite faction
As they're portrayed in the series, or to live in? Because clearly, if we're talking about live in, Erudite... since I said that was the one that I consider to be my faction. However, as it's portrayed in the series, I'd have to say Dauntless... I mean, it's the most prevalent in the series...

13) Least favorite faction
As portrayed in the series, definitely Erudite. That's obvious, right? But as far as which one I'd hate to live in, definitely Abnegation. No, thanks!

14) Best death
Jeanine, I guess! Although neither I or Tris wanted her to die when she did, they still ended up getting what they needed without her, so it wasn't too bad.

15) Favorite simulation
Not sure if this is talking about stuff like the fear landscape and the test or more specific like the dog in the test and Tris's bird fear. But I'm just going to go with the test because I think it's really interesting how it's constructed to actually judge personality.

16) Favorite Tris-Four moment
Honestly, the ferris wheel. I love that moment. It's so great.

17) A character that you thought was unnecessary for this series
Sadly, honestly, I think Will was mostly pointless. And I really liked Will, so I hate that he had such little purpose in the series.

18) Favorite fight/ battle scene
I actually really liked all of the training fights!

19) Character you are most like
I'd have to go with Will. He's a mix of Dauntless and Erudite, which is what I feel like I am.

20) A scene that made you cry
3 words.
Tris. Death. Scene.

21) A scene that made you laugh
Honestly, at this point I can't think of anything that actually made me laugh...

22) Favorite villain
I hate them all, but if I have to choose, I might as well go with the attractive one!

23) Most suspenseful moment
Probably the Tris death scene again. Because I knew it was coming (that was the spoiler I saw), I was just sitting in anticipation, wondering how she really died.

24) Favorite moment in Divergent
Can I choose the whole thing?! It's my absolute favorite book in the series!

25) Favorite moment in Insurgent
Probably when they escape from Erudite headquarters and Peter does something good for a change.

26) Favorite moment in Allegiant
Maybe the 2 1/2 years later? Just to know that in the end, everyone left was doing well? Or the moment when Tobias's mom decided to change?

27) A scene that surprised you
I think the only one that really caught me off-guard was when Uriah was killed (well, he didn't die then, but he was as good as dead). One second he's just smiling and waving at Tris, the next he's getting barreled over. It's just so sudden and unexpected.

28) A character you would die for
Tobias. I don't think any of the other characters are worth it. Except maybe Uriah. Or Will. I'm still really bitter about their deaths.

29) A song that reminds you of this series
Honestly, I can't think of anything... Maybe Roar by Katy Perry? It kinda makes me think of the scene where Tris goes on the zipline over the city.

30) Something you wished went differently
Uhhh, I don't know, maybe TRIS, URIAH, AND WILL DYING?!
Yeah, just that.

So, there's my 30 day Divergent challenge! Do you like the Divergent trilogy? Have you seen the movie yet? Let me know in the comments! If you like my posts, I'd love it if you'd follow/subscribe, as it lets me know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

3 comments:

  1. i feel like stronger than ever is a good song to sum up the whole divergent series

    ReplyDelete
  2. THEO JAMES FOR THE WIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. URI DIDNT DESERVE TO DIE!!!!!! But one moment that made me laugh is when Uri shot the muffin off marlene's head. And my favourite shipping is Amar and George

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!