Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Ranking Project Runway Designers #8 [121-132]


Hey, y'all! So I'm back with the next post in my series ranking all of the Project Runway designers! As I said in the last post, this is a new 18 post series on my blog, with each post consisting of the next 12 designers. 

Here's my disclaimer once again: Any and all comments are my opinions on them based on the way they presented themselves on the show (and of course, the way the show was edited) and in no way is a reflection of how they are in real life. The way a contestant presents themself on a show, combined with the editing of the show, is not necessarily the way they are outside of the show, and because I don't know these people personally, I can only go based off of the way they were portrayed on the show. 

Also, I feel like this is a little obvious, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. If you don't want to be spoiled for what happens in the show or what order people go home, don't read any further. Because I will mention what place the person got. And I'll be talking about All-Stars placings too, if applicable, so just bear that in mind before continuing to read on. So let's just jump right into the next 12 on the list.

132. Beatrice Guapo
Season 10- 16th Place

As a bit of a continuation of the last post, here's another first elimination! As with the others, I thought she seemed interesting, but her designs on the first episode were just a mess.


131. Ricky Lizalde
Season 4- 6th Place

Oh Ricky. Ricky was just an emotional wreck. Once again, he was on a season that's lower on my favorites, and he didn't really have a huge impact on me and I don't have a strong opinion on him, 


130. Sweet P Vaughn
Season 4- 5th Place
All-Stars Season 1- 12th Place

Once again, I didn't have a strong opinion on her. I liked her just fine personality-wise but I don't remember particularly liking her designs, so that just created a pretty meh opinion of her in my mind.


129. Kelly Dempsey
Season 14- Runner-Up

I have to admit, I was very wrong about Kelly. At the beginning of season 14, based on everyone's home tours, portfolios, auditions, etc. I predicted that she would be the first one eliminated. And then she ended up making it all the way to the finale. Oops. Regardless, I still have to say that I'm not a fan of her aesthetic (seriously-- tons of animal prints and FANNY PACKS?! How is that anything other than tacky...?). But, watching her on the show, she was fairly likable. I didn't absolutely love her, but despite disliking her aesthetic, I didn't totally dislike her either. 


128. Kristine Guico
Season 13- 11th Place

Honestly, the most interesting thing about Kristine was her hair. She seemed nice and she seemed to have a fairly interesting aesthetic, but other than that I wasn't super impressed.


127. Samantha Plasencia
Season 13- 10th Place

I had some mildly high hopes for Samantha. Based just on her personal style and her personality, I thought that she would be someone I would like. But she barely got screen time, and wasn't on for super long so I didn't really get a chance to get to know her. In addition to this, her designs were a bit basic and a little boring (hence her not getting much screen time and not lasting long).


126. Kimberly Goldson
Season 9- 4th Place

I had rather mixed feelings about Kimberly. Overall, I liked her personality. She was one of the nicer contestants on a very dramatic season, and she was a really talented designer. HOWEVER. Her designs were simply not my thing. At all. I don't remember if it was just on her finale collection or if this was a signature of hers, but she made these pants (and perhaps tops too?) with these large bows included as part of the design and every time I think about those or see those, they just make me cringe.  


125. Keith Bryce
Season 5-  10th Place

Part of me wants to like Keith and part of me doesn't. I remember liking his vibe and liking some of his designs, but I also remember that he was a little abrasive or aggressive and not well liked. I could be totally wrong about that, but once again, this is a season that's not one of my favorites and therefore if someone isn't a favorite of mine from that season, they aren't going to make much of an impact on me or my favorites list.


124. Emmett McCarthy
Season 2- 8th Place

When I think of Emmett, I will forever remember him in his ridiculous ice skating outfit, because that's about the only memorable moment that he had on the show. I thought he was alright, and certainly didn't dislike him in any way, but he was just unfortunate enough to be someone with a smaller personality on a season full of HUGE personalities. 


123. Raymundo Baltazar
Season 2- 13th Place

Raymundo was an early boot on season 2, so he wasn't really a standout personality. And like with Emmett, he was on a season with a lot of big personalities, so there was very little chance of him actually standing out on this season. 


122. Wesley Nault
Season 5- 15th Place

The only reason that Wesley got this high (despite being on a least favorite season and being an early boot) is that I remember him being pretty likable and because I've seen a bit from him after the show because of his relationship with Daniel. I would've liked to see more from him, but alas, he winds up here.


121. Daniel Feld
Season 5- 11th Place

Daniel made a bit more of an impact than his ex, but still not a very big one. I vaguely remember him being a bit arrogant (but not over the top?) and that I had some vaguely positive feelings about him. But once again, not a favorite season, didn't make it super far. I feel like a broken record over here...


So, those are the next 12 designers in my Project Runway designer rankings! I'll be back soon with the designers who got places 109-120! Who are your favorite and least favorite people to be on Project Runway? Let me know down in the comments!

Previous Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #7 [133-144]
Next Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #9 [109-120]
Check out my links below!


Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!