Friday, May 27, 2016

Ranking Project Runway Designers #6 [145-156]


Hey, y'all! So I'm back with the next post in my series ranking all of the Project Runway designers! As I said in the last post, this is a new 18 post series on my blog, with each post consisting of the next 12 designers. 

Here's my disclaimer once again: Any and all comments are my opinions on them based on the way they presented themselves on the show (and of course, the way the show was edited) and in no way is a reflection of how they are in real life. The way a contestant presents themself on a show, combined with the editing of the show, is not necessarily the way they are outside of the show, and because I don't know these people personally, I can only go based off of the way they were portrayed on the show. 

Also, I feel like this is a little obvious, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. If you don't want to be spoiled for what happens in the show or what order people go home, don't read any further. Because I will mention what place the person got. And I'll be talking about All-Stars placings too, if applicable, so just bear that in mind before continuing to read on. So let's just jump right into the next 12 on the list.

156. Shirin Askari
Season 6- 8th Place

I didn't completely dislike Shirin, but she definitely got a bit annoying. I'll admit, she made some nice things, and she definitely isn't the worst designer to be on the show, but she also wasn't especially great, and she complained all. the. time.


155. Louise Black
Season 6- 10th Place

I don't remember a ton about Louise, but I do remember that I wasn't a huge fan of her personality, and I didn't like her aesthetic much either.


154. Sarah Trost
Season 8- 14th Place

At first, I thought I might like her. However, I'm not exactly sure how to explain my relative dislike of Sarah. I definitely didn't totally hate her, but she definitely rubbed me the wrong way. I think that a lot of it was because her sense of humor was good at first, but I got sick of it pretty quickly. And her designs weren't that great either.


153. Hernan Lander
Season 13- 13th Place

Hernan was kinda a jerk and I didn't like his designs. And he complained a lot. Usually, I'm rooting for a specific designer to win a challenge. When he was on, I was rooting for him to lose every challenge.


152. Amanda Perna
Season 9- Eliminated in "final casting"
Season 14- 12th Place

I had pretty mixed feelings about Amanda. The first time through I actually liked her designs quite a bit. When she came back for season 14, I found her personality to be a bit grating at times, and I varied between liking and hating her designs. Overall, these split opinions just leave me feeling a bit ambivalent about her. 


151. Malan Breton
Season 3- 14th Place

I have such mixed feelings about Malan. His accent is absolutely wonderful, and his personality on the show was pretty alright. But some of his off-show antics were a little obnoxious. If you're unaware, he kinda badmouthed design programs and then turned down appearing on season 2 before eventually accepting being on season 3. It was a little weird. Maybe he changed by season 3 but it just put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.


150. Jerry Tam
Season 5- 7th Place

We only got to see him for an episode, so I obviously don't have a ton to go on, but I remember him being somewhat unpleasant and that he made a really weird labcoat-like design. *cringe*


149. Emily Pollard
Season 11- 16th Place

Once again, not much of an opinion. She was only on for one episode and so I don't really have a ton to judge her off of. She was definitely over-confident, so I found it really hilarious when she was the first to go, but I definitely didn't hate her or anything. 


148. Kelli Martin
Season 5- 12th Place

I'm not sure if I've already mentioned this on one of my lists, but season 5 is one of my least favorite and least-watched seasons. Because of that, I haven't seen this season in quite a while and I don't remember some of the shorter-lasting personalities on the show. And she just didn't really make much of an impact. In my very vague memories of her, I didn't particularly like her. I don't think I necessarily disliked her, but she definitely wasn't anywhere near a favorite. 

147. Jefferson Musanda
Season 13- 16th Place


Jefferson left me with basically no impact or impression about him. I didn't care about him, and I don't remember him a ton. That's what happens when you're only on for one episode.


146. Jennifer Diedrich
Season 5- 13th Place

We have now officially ventured into the section of the list where I have a very "meh" feeling about pretty much everyone. I don't really have too much of an opinion on Jennifer, because her season isn't one of my faves, and she got out really quickly... plus, she just wasn't very memorable, because she was kinda bland.


145. Alexandra Vidal
Season 1- 7th Place

I feel like all we really learned about Alexandra in season 1 was that she was pretty. Like I have no idea what her aesthetic is. She made it a little ways through the show, but not super far. Like I said, I have pretty meh feelings toward most of these people who are in this post.


So, those are the next 12 designers in my Project Runway designer rankings! I'll be back soon with the designers who got places 133-144! Who are your favorite and least favorite people to be on Project Runway? Let me know down in the comments!

Previous Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #5 [157-168]
Next Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #7 [133-144]
Check out my links below!


Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!