Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Ranking Project Runway Designers #3 [181-192]


Hey, y'all! So I'm back with the next post in my series ranking all of the Project Runway designers! As I said in the last post, this is a new 18 post series on my blog, with each post consisting of the next 12 designers. 

Here's my disclaimer once again: Any and all comments are my opinions on them based on the way they presented themselves on the show (and of course, the way the show was edited) and in no way is a reflection of how they are in real life. The way a contestant presents themself on a show, combined with the editing of the show, is not necessarily the way they are outside of the show, and because I don't know these people personally, I can only go based off of the way they were portrayed on the show. 

Also, I feel like this is a little obvious, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. If you don't want to be spoiled for what happens in the show or what order people go home, don't read any further. Because I will mention what place the person got. And I'll be talking about All-Stars placings too, if applicable, so just bear that in mind before continuing to read on. So let's just jump right into the next 12 on the list.
192. Zulema Griffin
Season 2- 7th Place

Ugh, Zulema was just a disaster and super mean most of the time! She actually had an alter-ego named Shetangi! And she could just turn on people and lose it. And we can't forget that walk-off that she made the models do. It was just insane. 


191. Laurie Underwood
Season 14- 7th Place

I just really, really didn't like her designs. I thought that they were old fashioned and that she couldn't really decide on what time period she wanted her designs to be from. They just always seemed so confused. And I also really wasn't a fan of her personality, so the longer she stayed, the more annoyed I got with her. She definitely lasted a lot longer than I thought she should have.


190. Alexandria von Bromsen
Season 12- 2nd Place
All Stars Season 4- 13th Place

The sad part about this is that I came so close to liking Alexandria! Before every season of Project Runway, I do a kind of pre-screening look-through of all of the designers' pages on the Project Runway website and try to figure out which designers I'll like best. And Alexandria was really high up on that list. She has a cool design sense, and one of the best personal styles of any of the women who have been on the show. Like, I wish I could steal her wardrobe. However, she was just mean. She bad-mouthed almost everyone and complained constantly. She was just really unpleasant.


189. Christiane King
Season 7- 16th Place

Christiane's Project Runway story just makes me laugh. The first thing she said on the show was how awesome she was and how many of her dresses had been worn by celebrities on the red carpet. And then she made a hideous dress and got eliminated episode one. She was just overly confident and obnoxious, and she got knocked down a few pegs.


188. Diana Eng
Season 2- 9th Place

I had mixed feelings about Diana. I actually liked some of her designs. I thought some of them were pretty cool and I especially liked the technological aspects that she put into them. However, I wasn't a huge fan of her. I thought that she was very... meek. And I agree with Santino-- her voice was annoying.


187. Keith Michael
Season 3- 12th Place (Disqualified)

Let's be honest- Keith was just a jerk. Not only was he arrogant and super full of himself, but he was rude to the judges, the other designers, AND TIM GUNN. Like... no. Don't be rude to Tim. That's not OK. And, on top of that, he was accused of cheating and was disqualified. Basically, he had designing "how-to" books, which weren't allowed, and in the chaos surrounding the discovery of these books, he left the set. He claims they were taken from him upon arrival and that they magically re-appeared in his room later (he blamed potential production tampering). Regardless, he was being shady, on top of just being mean, and was rightly disqualified for it.

186. Terri Stevens
Season 5- 7th Place

Terri just really got on my nerves. It's been a while since I've watched season 5, but I just remember her being annoying and a bit of a jerk.


185. Rafael Cox
Season 9- 16th Place

Oh, Rafael. The singular outfit that he made on Project Runway might possibly be the worst outfit I've ever seen on the show. It was just so bad. And on top of that, he had an annoying personality. Sorry, Rafael. Not a fan.


184. Starr Ilzhoeffer
Season 1- 10th Place

First of all, her designs were just not good. Not a fan. Plus, her personality was completely lacking. It was almost like she wasn't there, and even when she was featured, she just didn't take charge and was so withdrawn. She ends up this low kinda for the same reasons as Marla and Diana. She seemed rather meek.


183. Kristin Haskins Simms
Season 8- 13th Place 

I just didn't like her designs, and I wasn't a super big fan of her personality. I really like the idea of allowing your mistakes to be part of your design. However, in her case I think that it was better as an idea than when it was actually put into practice. I thought several of her designs looked the same and that they just looked like a mess. She did, however, give us some comedic relief when she and Tim talked about wooly balls.


182. Merline Labissiere

Oh, Merline. Before the show, when I was looking through her portfolio, I thought that she seemed cool. But then I started watching the season and her personality drove me insane. People who are too upbeat and positive all the time annoy me. Plus, her aesthetic was definitely not my favorite. There were times that it seemed to work. but most of the time I just felt like her designs were over-done.


181. Stacey Estrella
Season 3- 15th Place


Stacey was, quite simply, the stereotype of that designer who comes on the show and is in over their head. She couldn't figure out the machines, she worked extremely slowly, and the design that she did eventually make was just blah. Needless to say, I wasn't too upset that she was eliminated first.


So, those are the next 12 designers in my Project Runway designer rankings! I'll be back soon with the designers who got places 169-180! Who are your favorite and least favorite people to be on Project Runway? Let me know down in the comments!

Previous Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #2 [193-204]
Next Post: Ranking Project Runway Designers #4 [169-180]
Check out my links below!


Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!