Friday, May 20, 2016

Ranking Project Runway Designers #5 [157-168]


Hey, y'all! So I'm back with the next post in my series ranking all of the Project Runway designers! As I said in the last post, this is a new 18 post series on my blog, with each post consisting of the next 12 designers. 

Here's my disclaimer once again: Any and all comments are my opinions on them based on the way they presented themselves on the show (and of course, the way the show was edited) and in no way is a reflection of how they are in real life. The way a contestant presents themself on a show, combined with the editing of the show, is not necessarily the way they are outside of the show, and because I don't know these people personally, I can only go based off of the way they were portrayed on the show. 

Also, I feel like this is a little obvious, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. If you don't want to be spoiled for what happens in the show or what order people go home, don't read any further. Because I will mention what place the person got. And I'll be talking about All-Stars placings too, if applicable, so just bear that in mind before continuing to read on. So let's just jump right into the next 12 on the list.

We've moved into the "mostly apathetic, but mildly negative" section, AKA people that I don't really have much of an opinion on, but if anything, have a mild dislike for. So apologies if I don't have too much to say about these people. 

168. Mario Cadenas
Season 1- 11th Place

Mario was an interesting one. The first time I watched the show, I found myself torn between liking him and disliking him. On the one hand, I tend to be drawn to people who are lackadaisical and don't stress out about situations, but on the other hand, he just didn't really seem to care in the slightest, and that was a bit of a turn-off for me, since Project Runway was a major opportunity and he just didn't seem to care. Either way, these mixed feelings got him here on this list.


167. Qristyl Frazier
Season 6- 13th Place

Quite honestly, I don't remember a ton about Qristyl. I remember that she was a bit obnoxious on a team challenge and that she ended up getting eliminated pretty early. Season 6 is a real low point for Project Runway and the fact that she couldn't make it past 13th place on what is arguably PR's weakest season is pretty disappointing. And she was pretty disagreeable to boot. Bad combo.


166. Joseph Charles Poli
Season 14- 9th Place

I had some pretty high hopes for Joseph in the pre-season for season 14. I remember thinking that his designs were a bit minimalist, but I liked them because they seemed like the good kind of simple. However, his personality wasn't really that likable, and I remember him not making anything very interesting on the show. Huge disappointment.

165. Bert Keeter
Season 9- 6th Place

I had some pretty mixed feelings about Bert. At the beginning of the season, the editing pretty much conditioned us to hate him, but he became a little more agreeable as the season continued. However, I never fully came to like him or his aesthetic, so he lands in this area. 


164. Richard Hallmarq
Season 11- 6th Place

Oh, Richard. Richard was a lot to handle. At times annoying, at other times slightly endearingly annoying. But I also didn't like his (usually over the top) aesthetic, so he winds up here.


163. Johnny Sakalis
Season 6- 12th Place

I actually (mostly) liked Johnny... but then that episode happened where he was eliminated. He started lying on the runway, making up stuff about his look, and all this random, really weird stuff. I just don't even know why that happened, but it was really unprofessional and frustrating. And unfortunately, that experience kinda tainted my entire view of him.


162. Jesus Estrada
Season 7- 13th Place

Notice a pattern here, with people who I have mixed feelings about? Jesus seemed really sweet. But his designs were just... yikes. Poor kid was in over his head.


161. Gabrielle Arruda
Season 14- 13th Place

I remember absolutely hating Gabrielle based on her pre-season tour. She came off as a bit of a spoiled princess. However, on the show, I thought that she came off as intelligent and put-together... but just not quite ready for Project Runway. 

160. Laura Kathleen Planck
Season 9- 5th Place
All Stars Season 2- 6th Place

On paper, Laura seems like someone I would vehemently dislike. And obviously, since she shows up this far down the list, she's not really someone I particularly liked. But, I didn't hate her. She comes off a bit prissy at times, but on the whole, she was fairly likable and a strong designer. She's just not someone I personally jive with.


159. Janeane Marie Ceccanti
Season 7- 11th Place

I'm a very calm, cool, collected person, but Janeane almost gave me an anxiety attack. She's just a very nervous, very emotional person who wasn't super confident, and that's just not the type of person I typically enjoy watching. Plus, I didn't really like her designs. She seemed really nice, and I certainly didn't dislike her, but she was just not my people.


158. Bonnie Dominguez
Season 3- 11th Place

Bonnie didn't really make much of an impact on me. There were times when I found her mildly annoying, but quite honestly, I couldn't describe her aesthetic to you. At all. She made that little of an impact. Maybe ready-to-wear? That's about as much as I could tell you. She was just pretty bland.


157. Katherine Gerdes
Season 3- 13th Place

Honestly, I didn't really have much of an opinion one way or another on Katherine. I didn't hate her, but I didn't like her. I just didn't care. I actually got her and Bonnie confused with each other a couple times, which is silly because they really look nothing alike.


So, those are the next 12 designers in my Project Runway designer rankings! I'll be back soon with the designers who got places 145-156! Who are your favorite and least favorite people to be on Project Runway? Let me know down in the comments!
Check out my links below!


Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!