1. Half of the lights on the Christmas tree are burnt out : Name a book/series/character that started out good but then went downhill.
This series is the epitome of "series that started good but went downhill." I absolutely loved Divergent. I read it in a single day because I just couldn't put it down. I picked up Insurgent almost immediately afterward, and was slightly disappointed. But it wasn't until Allegiant that I became really disappointed with the series. Allegiant took the trilogy in a direction that was completely out of left field, and characters died unnecessarily, and I just didn't enjoy it. I didn't dislike it because of that one really spoilery thing that happened near the end of Allegiant, but that was definitely one of the negative factors. Just overall, this series went from having a first book that is one of my all-time faves to having one of the most disappointing endings to a trilogy ever.
2. Annoying Great Aunt Sally who will not leave you alone : Name a book that you didn't enjoy, but everyone else seems to love so it never goes away.
Everyone absolutely loves this book, and I could. not. stand. it. I thought it was predictable and the characters were utterly unlikable. You can do SO much better, John Green.
3. Your pets keep knocking over the Christmas decoration : Name a character that kept messing things up for everyone else (can't pick a villain!).
Oh, Clary. I love Clary. But she's basically a pro messer-upper. Is that a real term? No. But it should be. She just made so many dumb decisions. It didn't make me love Clary any less, but it did make me facepalm and shake my head at her.
4. You hear your parents putting out the presents and learn Santa isn't real: Name a book you were spoiled for.
I was spoiled for a couple books...
I still haven't read Mockingjay (at least, at the point that I'm currently writing this) but I did get spoiled for part of it, as well as part of Allegiant. For Allegiant, I got spoiled for a character death (if you've read the book, yes, that character death), and for Mockingjay I got spoiled for a character death as well as the resolution of the love triangle.
5. It's freezing outside: Name a main character you just couldn't connect with.
I just could not connect with Juliette from the Shatter Me trilogy. I just didn't understand any of the decisions that she made, and couldn't connect with her personality. She was so weak in the beginning and was so dependent on a man, and I couldn't connect with her personality and even when she became a stronger character, I just couldn't get why she did some of the things she did. I didn't hate her, and I didn't think she made insanely stupid decisions, I just couldn't get it.
6. Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas is You' and it's giving you anti-romantic feelings : Name a couple you couldn't stand.
I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't read this book, especially since the series isn't finished yet, so I'm going to be very vague here. There's a bit of a love triangle that forms, and by the end of this book, two of the characters start a romance, and I hate it. I much prefer the other guy that the girl could be with. I can only hope that this situation will get fixed by the end of the series because I really hate this couple. Like a lot.
7. That scratchy homemade wool sweater you got for Christmas years ago but won't get rid of : show some books that have been sitting on your shelves for a while, and you aren't motivated to read, but you don't have the heart to get rid of.
Here are a few... it's mostly the contemporaries I've purchased. I'm interested in the story, but I'm almost never in the mood for contemporary. My little stitch of interest is what keeps me from getting rid of them.
8. Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer: Name a character death you still are mad about (warn people for spoilers! You can also use TV or movie deaths).
WARNING: HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS SPOILERS AHEAD!
I could not, still have not, and probably never will be able to cope with the death of Fred Weasley. In my mind, he's still alive. The Weasley twins are probably my favorite characters in any series ever, and I just cannot deal with Fred's death. I can't. What death? I don't know what you're talking about. The Weasley twins are both alive. Neither of them died.
9. The malls are overly crowded with holiday shoppers: Name a series that has too many books in it/went on too long.
This is really hard for me, because I really love series, especially long series. However, I will name a series (that I haven't read) that just has way too many books in it.
Unfortunately, this isn't even all of the books in the series. Two more have come out since the last one in this picture. There are a whopping 12 books in this series. And I don't think that's all (although I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me on that!). I tried reading the first book, and didn't even get halfway through because I hated it and didn't think it was written very well. I don't know how on earth it has managed to get 12 books out of it.
10. The Grinch : Name a main character you HATE (No villians again!).
I had to pick someone from Looking for Alaska, because I disliked basically all of the characters. I especially hated our narrator, Pudge as well as Alaska. I thought that Pudge was the absolute biggest pushover ever. He becomes this completely different person when he becomes friends with these people and I absolutely cannot stand that. And I thought Alaska just tried too hard to be this really philosophical, deep person, but she was just another teenager who thought they were cool for sneaking away to smoke and get drunk. Maybe I'm just too old for this book. I don't know. I just hated all of the characters, especially Pudge and Alaska.
So, that's The Grinch Book Tag! I really enjoyed doing this one, because sometimes I just need to talk about things that I hate!
I've started doing Booktube a little as well, so if you want to check that out, you can click HERE. I plan to post most of my videos to my blog, but just in case I miss one or decide not to post it on here, that will keep you up-to date.
I've also created a Facebook page for my blog, so if you want to check that out and like it, you can click HERE. I'll try to keep that pretty up-to-date with new posts and such.
Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!