Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2015 Reading Challenges

Hey, y'all! So at the beginning of 2014, I was just getting into reading regularly again, and I created a couple challenges for myself. The first was to read at least 1 book a month, and the second was to complete the 2014 Summer Reading Challenge (click the title to check it out). Surprisingly, I completed the challenge of reading 26 books within 3 months, but I didn't read one book every month. Although, as of now, I've read 56 books in 2014, so I feel like the fact that there was a month where I didn't read a single book should just be overlooked.

Anyway, for 2015, I'm giving myself 3 challenges, ranging from very vague to very descriptive. And I decided that sharing these challenges on my blog will help me to actually go through with it. Because if I don't succeed, I have to explain myself. So let's just jump right into it!


Challenge #1
Read 50 Books

I think that 50 books is the most over-done reading challenge, but it's also the most doable-but-challenging for me. I've read 56 books this year, and didn't even read anything in September, so I feel like I can definitely achieve this. I almost want to set my challenge to 60 so that I subconsciously succeed even though I tend to procrastinate.


Challenge #2
Read at least 5 books that have more than 700 pages

I really enjoy big books, but sometimes I get really intimidated because big books just seem so epic and I feel like I need to make myself read more big books. Although I did choose a picture of A Song of Ice and Fire, I don't necessarily intend to read these 5 books. My goal is to read the first 2 books of the Kingkiller Chronicle at the beginning of the year, and then eventually read A Song of Ice and Fire. Yes, that would make 7 books, but I don't want to make my challenge too much for me. In the end, I'll be happy if I read 5 books over 700 pages, but I would be even happier if I finish all 7!


Challenge #3
The TBR Jar Challenge!

So Katytastic had this really great idea for a 2015 TBR Jar challenge, and I decided that I wanted to do it as well. So, up until now I've just had a TBR jar, and every once in a while, I'd pull a book out of the jar and read it that month. However, Kat's TBR jar challenge is a little more exciting. So basically, rather than putting books in the jar, you put challenges in the jar, and you pull one out each month. This is especially great for me for the same reason it's good for Kat- we're both mood readers, and don't like to be super constrained to a specific book. So, I'm going to go ahead and tell you about the 12 challenges I've created for myself, as well as some rules I've given to this challenge.

Rules:
- Re-reads cannot be used to fulfill a challenge unless specified in the challenge.
- I'm not allowed to buy a book with the purpose of completing the challenge unless specified in the challenge.
- Challenge must be completed by the end of the month or it doesn't count.

Challenges!
  1. Start a series!
  2. Jump on the bandwagon- Read a book that everyone except you has already read and loved.
  3. Read a book that's already on your "TBR med interest" shelf on Goodreads (Explanation: the books on the med shelf are books I want to read but tend to be overlooked for other books).
  4. Read a book from a genre you've been neglecting lately.
  5. Read a book that you've owned for a year, but still haven't read. (AKA a book you've been putting off)
  6. Read a book that was published before 2000.
  7. Read a book by an author you've never read before.
  8. Read at least 6 books this month. (I'm allowed to re-choose a challenge ONLY if I'm in the process of reading A Song of Ice and Fire. Because I'm not going to force myself to try and read all of them in a month. Nope.
  9. Re-read a favorite! Better yet, focus on re-reads this month, if you can!
  10. You're a music major-- read a musical book!
  11. Treat yo' self! Buy a book you've been dying to read and read it immediately!
  12. Read a book from your 30 Books Before 30 list!



So, those are my reading challenges for 2015! I've got some resolutions for 2015, but I'm not sure if I'm going to share them on here. I wanted to focus mostly upon my reading challenges for my blog. Are you attempting to complete a reading challenge in 2015? Let me know in the comments!

I've started doing Booktube a little as well, so if you want to check that out, you can click HEREI plan to post most of my videos to my blog, but just in case I miss one or decide not to post it on here, that will keep you up-to date. 

I've also created a Facebook page for my blog, so if you want to check that out and like it, you can click HERE. I'll try to keep that pretty up-to-date with new posts and such.

Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!