Friday, November 28, 2014

End of the Year TBR!


Hey, y'all! So, I've been seeing some people post videos and pictures about the books that they want to read by the end of the year, so I decided to go ahead and do the same since I have a complete list of the books that I want to read before the new year. I'll also do them in the order that I plan on reading them. Let's jump right into it!


The Bone Season
by Samantha Shannon

When I started working on this post, I had just started this book. However, I have now finished it, so it's no longer on my TBR. Sometime in the next few days/ in the next week I plan to get a discussion up for this, so stay tuned because I have a lot of strong feelings about this book and need the next book NOW.


The Bane Chronicles
by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, and Maureen Johnson

This was one of my most anticipated releases of the year, because I love Magnus Bane A LOT. I planned to start this right after finishing The Bone Season, but I'm having a book hangover and I'm not sure how long it'll be until I start it. I just want more of The Bone Season, but there isn't any more yet and I'M DYING OVER HERE. Anyway, I'm really excited about this and this is what I'll be reading next.


The Chaos Walking Trilogy
Book 1- The Knife of Never Letting Go
Book 2- The Ask and the Answer
Book 3- Monsters of Men
by Patrick Ness

I picked these up last month with the intent of reading them before the end of the year. And that's what I intend to do! I plan to start the trilogy after finishing The Bane Chronicles (which shouldn't take too long). This sounds like exactly what I'll love- a sci-fi dystopian. The only thing that would be better is a fantasy dystopian, but that still isn't that far off from this. They're big books, but once I get into the plot and characters, I should just fly through this.


The Hunger Games Trilogy
Book 1- The Hunger Games
Book 2- Catching Fire
Book 3- Mockingjay
by Suzanne Collins

If you've followed my blog for a while, you'll be familiar with the fact that I have not read this trilogy. And yes, I realize how incredibly shocking that is. Especially given my love of dystopians. I was told about the first book and how good it was long before the hype, but brushed it off, because I didn't trust the opinions of the person suggesting it to me because they weren't super booky and I assumed they didn't really know my taste. Then everything got so hyped and I was being hipster and avoiding because it was popular and then it just got to the point where it was ridiculous that I hadn't read it... and now we're here. But that's not the only reason I haven't read them. I also heard that Mockingjay isn't that great. BUT, I saw the first movie for a second time when it was on TV and it reminded me how much I liked the movie the first time and so I decided that I really needed to give it a try. If I'm to believe most people, these really shouldn't take too long to get through. 


The Rook
by Daniel O'Malley

Lately I've just really been in the mood for adult fantasy, and that's what this is. It's another fantasy dystopian, which is partially what drew me to it. After reading Ready Player One, I had the worst book hangover and wanted to read something exactly like it. But of course, the book is just so unique that it's impossible to find something similar enough. But I went to one of those "What should I read next?" generators, and this was like the first result. And Goodreads also told me to read it. I read the synopsis and knew immediately that I needed to read it. 


The Name of the Wind
by Patrick Rothfuss

Like I've said a few times in the past, I've been really into adult fantasy lately. And I've heard nothing but good things about this book. I thought it was a stand-alone, but apparently it's a series, which is actually even better. The second book is already out, so I may need to read the second one before the end of the year too!


OK, so that's it for the books that I want to read by the end of the year! I plan on doing a ranking of every book I've read this year (excluding re-reads), so you can look forward to that next month!

I've started doing Booktube a little as well, so if you want to check that out, you can click HERE. I plan to post most of my videos to my blog, but just in case I miss one or decide not to post it on here, that will keep you up-to date. 

I've also created a Facebook page for my blog, so if you want to check that out and like it, you can click HERE. I'll try to keep that pretty up-to-date with new posts and such.

Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!