Tuesday, November 25, 2014

October/November Book Haul [Book Haul #5]


Hey, y'all! So remember how I said I would see you in December? Oops, I lied. Not on purpose, of course, but I just didn't think about the fact that I'd be doing my book haul soon. My bad. This will probably be my last book haul of the year, because there's only one other book I want to read by the end of the year that I don't have. Also, since there are only 9 books in this haul, I'm not going to divide by sections. I'm just going to go book by book.

Also, as a side note, this is possibly the most excited I've ever been about a book haul. And I'm not saying that because I want you to get pumped or to try to get you to read on. I'm genuinely really excited about all of these books. I bought almost all of these with the intent to read them by the end of the year, so they're all ones that I'm really wanting to read. And there are a couple that I've already read.

Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn

This is one of the books that I've already read. If you'd like to read my thoughts about it, you can click here to see my discussion post.

There was just so much buzz surrounding the movie and I really like mysteries/ psychological thrillers, so I was really interested in reading it. And it was definitely an interesting read.


The Rook
by Daniel O'Malley

After reading Ready Player One, I had a major book hangover. Like, bigtime. I wanted to read something exactly like it. Every time I looked on a website for similar books, this one popped up. I wasn't totally sure since it was more of an adult novel and I usually go for YA (not that I'm afraid of adult-- my brain just defaulted to looking for books that fit my typical genre rather than branching out). However, upon realizing that this was both a fantasy and a dystopian and after reading the very intriguing blurb, I was very interested. And also, because of my interest in a certain book (which pops up later in this haul), I've gotten really interested in adult fantasy. 


The Chaos Walking Trilogy:
The Knife of Never Letting Go
The Ask and the Answer
Monsters of Men
by Patrick Ness

I've had my eye on these books for a while, and when deciding to get the first book, I just decided to buy the trilogy in matching covers. These covers are really pretty (especially The Knife of Never Letting Go) and I also love the spines.

This trilogy is a science fiction dystopian (oh look, my fave word!) and it just sounds insanely interesting. I know that when I read the first, I'll want to continue immediately. The only concern I have with these is that their binding is really tight. They almost seem like they're British binding and I'm not excited about that because I hate breaking spines, especially really pretty ones like these. I just want them to loosen to that I can actually open them without being scared of cracking the spine.


A Clash of Kings
by George R.R. Martin

I had both the first and the third book in this series, and I want to start it sometime near the beginning of next year, so I decided to go ahead and get the second book. I really like the big, floppy, trade paperback copies, so that's what I went for. I found this used online, so it was pretty inexpensive. So now I can marathon the first three books and hopefully the rest of the series once I buy them!


The Bane Chronicles
by Cassandra Clare

Y'all. This was like my most anticipated book of the year other than City of Heavenly Fire. I absolutely love Magnus Bane. He's possibly my favorite character in the Shadowhunter world. He's just so snarky and sassy  and sarcastic and I love him. The cover is gorgeous, and I could not be more excited about getting to read even more about him. This is my next read after the one I'm reading right now.


The Diviners
by Libba Bray

This is the other book in the haul that I've already read. I discussed it in the same post as my Gone Girl discussion, so you can click here if you want to check out my discussion about The Diviners as well. I won't go into too much detail here, but let's just say that I enjoyed it and am eagerly awaiting the second book in the series (trilogy?). Going into it, I'd heard many really great things, but wasn't certain about how much I'd like it. So I was cautiously optimistic. But I ended up really enjoying it!


The Bone Season
by Samantha Shannon

This is actually the book that I'm reading right now. I watched a book haul that Regan (PeruseProject on Youtube) did, and in it, she hauled this book. When she said fantasy and dystopian within the same breath, my interest was peaked. And when she explained what it was about, I immediately went and found a used copy online and ordered it because it just sounded so incredibly interesting. I love both genres and it's set in England, and it's going to be a series, and it just seems to be everything I really like in books. So far, I'm really loving it.


So there you go, that's all for my October/November Book Haul! Like I said at the beginning of the post, this will probably be the last book haul of the year. I have all but one of the books that I want to read by the end of the year, so I shouldn't be buying any more after that one. Maybe.

I'll be back in a few days with my TBR for the rest of the year, which might be outdated by the time I get it up, because I might have finished The Bone Season by then. Either way, I do plan to get that up later this week.

I've also created a Facebook page for my blog, so if you want to check that out and like it, you can click HERE. I'll try to keep that pretty up-to-date with new posts and such.

Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!