Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Secret Lightning Scar- Chapter 7 [A Harry Potter FanFic]


“Carrie?”

“Carrie!”

A frantic voice cut through the darkness as I began to re-gain consciousness. Everything hurt. All I could see were blurs. A hand touched my cheek briefly, but was suddenly gone.

I was lifted from the ground by two arms and cradled against a chest. We were moving quickly and I felt myself lightly bouncing up and down, my entire body experiencing crippling pain.

“Carrie? Can you hear me? Hang on, Carrie. You’re going to be OK,” the voice said again. “Please be OK,” he said more softly.

I felt myself continuing to move, but hadn’t any idea of what was going on, the pain searing every inch of my body. Finally, I felt something soft below me and I slipped away again.



I opened my eyes to see that I was lying in a bed in the hospital wing. My body ached, but the intense pain had disappeared. A hand was tightly grasping mine, the thumb massaging the back of my hand in a circular motion. I looked up to see Draco sitting by my bed, his forehead resting in his free hand.

“Draco,” I said, my voice coming out weaker than I expected. He looked up so quickly that I wondered how his neck didn’t snap.

“You’re awake,” he said breathlessly, although I could tell he’d been sitting for a while.

“How long have I been asleep?” I asked.

“Only a couple hours,” he replied, his eyes showing deep concern. “Do you remember what happened?”

“I remember blacking out,” I said cryptically, wanting to avoid the cause of my black out.

“I saw you flying toward the ground, and at first I thought you’d seen the snitch, but then you went limp and I couldn’t get to you in time-” his voice cracked and I saw tears in his eyes. His voice quieted, “I was so scared.”

“There wasn’t anything you could’ve done. You got me here quickly and that’s all I could ask of you. Thank you,” I said earnestly, squeezing his hand.

He spoke in a soft, strained voice. “I just wouldn’t have been able to live with myself if I hadn’t been able to get you help in time.”

“It wasn’t your fault, Draco,” I said. I continued on, hoping to stop him from continuing to feel guilty. “So what did Madame Pomfrey need to fix?”

“You broke a few bones and hit your head pretty hard. She said that it was an easy fix, but that you’d probably be pretty sore for a while. Are you feeling ok?”

“Well, she was right about feeling sore. But other than that, I’m OK,” I replied.

“Good,” Draco replied with a relieved smile. “I’m glad that’s it.”

Suddenly, the doors of the hospital wing flew open and Harry rushed in, his eyes searching the room before falling upon me.

“Carrie,” he said breathlessly, hurrying to the other side of my bed. “I just heard what happened. Are you ok?”

Before I could answer, Draco stood and said, “I’ll let you two be alone.”

“Ok. Thank you, Draco. Really,” I said. With a smile, he leaned over to kiss my forehead. He gave my hand a little squeeze and then turned and walked out the doors.

“How are you feeling?” Harry said urgently.

“I’m alright. Draco said that Madame Pomfrey had to mend a couple of broken bones, but I’m mostly just sore,” I replied.

“So what happened? I know you fell off your broom, but I also know my best friend a bit too well to believe that you just fell,” Harry said. My heart started beating a little too quickly. Hiding the truth from Draco had been fairly easy- he wasn’t fully aware of all of the nuances of my facial expressions. Harry, however, was likely to be impossible to keep in the dark.

“I’m not sure,” I began. “I blacked out, but I don’t know what happened. Maybe I flew too high or too fast. I don’t know.”

Harry’s eyes narrowed, clearly examining my facial expression. “You’re lying,” he decided. “What actually happened?”

“I told you,” I replied. “I blacked out.”

“There’s no way you were flying fast enough or high enough to make you black out,” Harry replied. “Why won’t you just tell me what really happened?” I sighed, knowing he wouldn’t accept any lies I might try to throw at him.

“I can’t tell you,” I said, avoiding his analytical stare.

“You can tell me anything, Carrie. You know that,” Harry said quietly. I looked back up at him and saw that his eyes had softened.

I shook my head. “Remember how you couldn’t tell me what you were doing this summer?” I asked. “It’s like that. I can’t tell you.” Harry’s brow furrowed, an expression of concern on his face. “I’m alright, Harry. I really am. Don’t worry about me,” I said.

“I have to be worried about you. It’s my job,” he said. “But if you’re really alright…”

“I am. I promise,” I interjected. He smiled.

“You weren’t trying to get rid of Draco, were you? Because there are several much better ways to get out of a date. No need to fall off your broom,” he joked.

No,” I replied. “The date was actually going pretty well until that point. I was winning.”

“Of course you were,” Harry smirked.

I rolled my eyes. “Just go and ask Madame Pomfrey if I’m allowed to leave,” I said.



As it turned out, I was allowed to leave, so Harry and I made our way through the castle and up to the common room. Surprisingly, it was fairly empty and Ron and Hermione were nowhere to be found. Harry and I both sat down on the couch, Harry with his legs outstretched onto the coffee table, and me with my back on the armrest, legs stretched across his.

“So the date was going well until your incident?” Harry asked.

“Yeah, we were having a lot of fun,” I said with a smile.

“I never would have thought you’d fall for Malfoy,” Harry chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief.

“I’m not falling for him,” I replied, rolling my eyes, but uncertain if I really meant what I’d said.

“That’s such a lie. We both know that’s a lie,” Harry said.

“I- I don’t know anymore. I’m still not sure how I feel,” I said, shaking my head.

“Carrie has a boyfriend,” Harry teased, the smirk not budging from his face.

“How old are we? You’re just jealous,” I laughed. “We need to find you a girlfriend.”

Harry chuckled. “Nope, I’m pretty sure I’m doing fine on my own,” he replied.

“I’m actually kinda serious,” I said. “What about Ginny? The two of you seemed to have a bit of a thing before all the stuff that happened last year.”

“It’s been a long time,” Harry said, now slightly frowning. “I’m sure she’s moved on at this point. She’s always dating someone.”

“As far as I know, she’s not dating anyone right now,” I informed him. “You’d better make a move before someone else does.” Harry raised an eyebrow.

“And who said I wanted to make a move?” he asked.

“I did,” I replied. “You still have feelings for her, don’t you?”

“I don’t even know at this point,” he shrugged. “Maybe.”

“Well, do you like anyone else? It’s not like you’re only allowed to date Ginny,” I said.

He shook his head. “No,” he said. “But I’m not sure I want to be in a relationship right now  either.”

“Then don’t,” I shrugged. “It was just a suggestion. It’s not like you’re supposed to obey everything I say blindly.”

He raised an eyebrow again. “Are you sure about that? Sometimes I wonder about that.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever.”

“But maybe you’re right. If I don’t ask her out soon, someone else will,” he said, contemplating his options.

“And you wouldn’t want to lose her,” I said. He gave a halfhearted nod and looked in my direction, clearly lost in thought.

“Well, I’ll think about it,” he said, seeming to pull himself back into reality.

“Good,” I smiled, glad that he was at least considering dating again.

He looked back at me with a small smile on his face, but I could tell something was bothering him. Did it have to do with what he had been doing over the summer? Was he trying to figure out what I wasn’t telling him? Whatever it was, it got me worrying about him all over again…


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope y'all enjoyed chapter 7 of The Secret Lightning Scar! Chapter 8 is coming soon! Hope y'all are excited for the next section, because I'm excited for y'all to read it! See you back here soon!


Previous section:  The Secret Lightning Scar- Chapter 6 [A Harry Potter FanFic]

Next sectionThe Secret Lightning Scar- Chapter 8 [A Harry Potter FanFic]
The Secret Lightning Scar main page: Click Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!