Wednesday, May 7, 2014

April Wrap-up/ Favorites

Hey, y'all! It's time for the new series I've mentioned a couple times! I'm just testing it out right now- I'm not completely sure if it'll become an actual series and make its way into my normal rotation.

Anyway, on to my April! So, two major things happened in April for me. The first one needs a back story. Long story short, when I went to college, my parents moved a significant distance from where we lived due to my dad's job. The town they live in now is really small and the only people I really know are my parents, so there's not really much for me to do over the summer when I go "home." I had a job last summer that I didn't really enjoy, so I decided that for this summer, I'd stay at school and work.

During the school year, I have a work-study job in the library that I really enjoy, and there's always a student position open for the summer. I decided that rather than go back to a place where I don't have friends and have a job I don't necessarily enjoy, I'm going to live on campus over the summer and work in the library.

Our library is so pretty! 
This is going to be the first time I'm living by myself and paying my own rent, so this is a pretty big step for me. I'm really excited to finally be a bit more independent and taking care of myself.

So the other major thing that happened for me is that my advisor has gotten a grant to have a research assistant for the fall and has asked me to take that job. She does music/psychology research, so it's right up my alley. I'm also getting paid, and I possibly get to be a co-author on the paper. WOW. Such an exciting and awesome opportunity for me! I can't wait to get started on this.


April Faves!

Sushi

April was definitely the month of sushi. I hadn't tried sushi until March, and once I tried it, I went a bit sushi crazy. I wanted to try any kind of roll that I could, and that's what I did. My absolute favorite that I tried is the one at the very top on the left. It was a crawfish volcano roll and it was absolutely delicious. I really like the deep fried rolls, and rolls with avacado or salmon.  


The Office 

The Office has been one of my favorite shows since I was a freshman in high school. I've only seen through the second half of season 7, because it's just not the same without Michael. I want to finish up the show, so I decided to start from the beginning and work my way to the end. So, my goal this summer is to finish the entire show. So far, I'm a few episodes into season 3, which is one of my least favorites... so it may take me a while to get through to season 4... which is one of my favorites.

Dance Moms

I don't know what got me watching this show- I hadn't watched it much before this month, just off and on when I found it on TV. But when I discovered that pretty much every episode of the show is online, I went a bit crazy. I watched all of season 1 and almost all of season 2 in only a couple weeks. I guess I just started watching and wanted to see what drama would happen next, so I just kept watching. And watching. And watching...

Used Bookstores

As you could probably tell from my book haul, I spent a lot of my time in April in used bookstores. I just enjoy going through the shelves and seeing what I can discover and how inexpensively I can find it. Now I just need to make sure I don't spend all of my money on books, as much as I love them. 

So, that's about all that I had for this post! My April wasn't extremely interesting, so hopefully my May will be a little better and more interesting. You'll probably see me again tomorrow with a new post, so I'll see y'all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!