Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Busted- A Present For Everyone


Busted, L-R: Charlie, Matt, James
Release Date: November 17, 2003
Genre: pop rock, pop punk
Track Listing
  1. Air Hostess
  2. Crashed The Wedding
  3. Who's David
  4. She Wants To Be Me
  5. 3 AM
  6. Falling For You
  7. Over Now
  8. Fake
  9. Meet You There
  10. Why
  11. Better Than This
  12. Can't Break Thru
  13. Nerdy
Busted is(was):
Charlie Simpson- vocals, guitar, keyboard, harmonica, drums
James Bourne- vocals, guitar
Matt Willis- vocals, bass guitar

About Busted: This British band was formed in 2001, and originally included Tom Fletcher, who went on to become the first founding member of McFly, which as I have mentioned in a previous post, is my absolute favorite band. Busted broke up in 2005, but in that time, they released 2 studio albums and one live album. They were the original writers and performers of the Jonas Brothers' songs "Year 3000" and "What I Go To School For," although the versions of those songs that were performed by the Jo Bros were edited to be suitable for Disney.


My Opinion about Busted: Definitely a top 10 favorite band. I love these guys so much.  I love that all 3 guys sing, and yet  aren't a boyband, because they do pop rock and all play instruments. They had to have more people play with them on stage because they couldn't play ALL the instruments at the same time (and really, I'm not sure Charlie could sing and play drums at the same time). Charlie and James are my favorites. Charlie is my favorite voice- he's the youngest but also had the deepest voice. I also enjoy the music he did after Busted as well. He's the lead singer of a post-hardcore band named Fightstar, which is currently on hiatus. Right now, he actually has released a solo album and has another in the works and is currently in America on Warped Tour (Which I really wish I could see...). Also, he's apparently at least 6 foot 6 now, and still just as attractive as ever. I love James because of his close work with McFly, especially on their first album, as well as his close friendship with McFly, AND his music after Busted. He was briefly in a band named Son of Dork, which will pop up on here at some point. They had only one CD, released in 2005, but I have it and really love it. James was the founding member, and one of two singers, but the band kinda fell apart in 2007. He's gone on to do solo stuff, and has recently been working with McFly some as well.

About the CD:  I only own this CD and *part* of their debut cd, because a bunch of the songs from their debut were repeated onto A Present For Everyone, so I bought this one and bought the six songs on the other CD that weren't repeated onto this one. So, this CD was part new stuff, part repeat from "Busted". Don't go looking for "Busted" on iTunes. I looked it up the other day, and it's not on there anymore for some reason. But, when they were both on there, they actually had almost the exact same cover art. I tried figuring out how best to describe it, but it's best to just show you a picture, which is below. The funny thing is that BOTH albums have different album art in the UK. Those pictures are below as well. I personally like both of the UK covers better than the US ones.

US cover of "Busted" which is nearly identical to US version of "A Present For Everyone"

UK cover for "Busted" L-R: Matt, Charlie, James


UK cover of "A Present For Everyone". Charlie @ top, Matt L, James R.


IMHO: I really love the CD. My only complaint is that of the 6 songs that I had to purchase from their debut CD, most of them are among my all-time favorite Busted songs. So they could've done a better job in that respect. But I really do like almost all of the songs on here. 

Favorite songs: She Wants To Be Me and Meet You There are my two favorites, but the ones under "Other gems" are also crazy amazing as well. She Wants To Be Me is just ridiculously funny, and Meet You There has great harmony.

Other gems: Air Hostess, Who's David?, That Thing You Do, Loner In Love, Nerdy. The rest are really good as well, but these are just the best.

Video!
She Wants To Be Me Live

Meet You There
Rating: 9/10. I really love this CD. The only thing that would make it better would be to have some of the songs from "Busted" on this CD. Otherwise, it's really awesome!

Hope you liked my newest "The CDs on my Shelf" post! What did you think? Want to know more information about the CD? Less? or just different info? Or is what I put good? What did you think of Busted? Let me know all of this in the comments. If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe, because it lets me know y'all are liking them! Still taking comments on the time they're posted, because if you haven't noticed, I schedule them to post at the same time, as I'm either asleep or at work at noon! Hope you enjoyed! Check back at noon tomorrow, because might possibly be a new post. Not totally sure. Probably depends on how exciting or random of a CD I get next! Comment, comment, comment! I love feedback! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!