Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top 10 Auto-Buy Authors

Hey, y'all! So, last week I started participating in Top 10 Tuesday, hosted on The Broke and the Bookish, and I decided to keep on participating. This week's topic is top 10 auto-buy authors. Now, like I said last week, I typically don't get incredibly attached to authors, because I tend to focus more on whether or not individual books interest me. I have a small number that I really love, and then a bunch that I barely pay attention to. So, I'll try to compose a full top 10, but I may end up running out. So, the first few are the most important, and I'll let you know if some of them are just kinda add-ons.

1. Cassandra Clare

I mean, this is the most obvious one here. She's one of my absolute favorite authors, I've read almost all of her books, and I plan on reading all of her Shadowhunter books and (possibly) beyond. And I also plan on purchasing (and reading) the first 2 books in her Magisterium series (co-written Holly Black!) very soon.

2. Agatha Christie

Now, this might be an odd statement, since Agatha Christie is not alive and has not been for nearly 40 years. However, what I mean by this is that even though I do not currently own all of her books, I do intend on purchasing all of her books, and don't care too much about the premise of each of them individually. I know what to expect from her books, and I know that there's a very high chance that I'll enjoy them. 

3. Brandon Sanderson

This is a recent addition! I've recently started reading Sanderson's books, and have enjoyed all of them. I don't own all of his published books, and I haven't read all of the books of his that I own, but I definitely plan to read all of his books, and plan on getting all of the ones I don't own. And, of course, fitting the criteria of this list, I intend to buy his books that come out in the future. 

4. Beth Revis

Unless I've missed any, I've read all of Beth Revis' published works. And I've really enjoyed all of them. She writes really cool sci-fi/dystopians and I really respect her world-building and writing style. I've devoured everything of hers that I've read so far, and I can't wait to devour whatever she comes out with next.

5. Ernest Cline

Ernest Cline just tends to write stuff that interests me. He writes books aimed towards geeks. I mean, Ready Player One was basically a geek's ideal novel, especially if they're a geek who loves the 80s (AKA me.)

6. Jay Asher

Jay Asher is one that I'm very torn on. I loved his first book, Thirteen Reasons Why, but I wasn't such a huge fan of his second book, The Future of Us. However, both of these books had really intriguing concepts and at least had really great starting points. 

7. Victoria Schwab

This is an extremely recent addition to this list, because I hadn't read any of her books at the beginning of August. However, now that I've read both Vicious and A Darker Shade of Magic, I think I'm going to be keeping up-to-date on her new releases and buying her books when they come out.


OK, so this is the point where I'm really running out of authors because I honestly don't have any other authors whose books I buy automatically, so I'm going to go for authors whose books I'm going to be buying immediately after their release because they're continuing an ongoing series that I'm invested in. So I'm not invested in all of their books, just in the series they're currently publishing. 

8. Libba Bray
   
Libba Bray was a no-brainer here. First, she's continuing a series (The Diviners) that I'm extremely invested in, and I want to read one of her other series (The Gemma Doyle trilogy), so I could see her becoming an auto-buy author if I enjoy the rest of her books as much as I enjoyed The Diviners.

9. Samantha Shannon

Right now, she's 2 books into a 7 book series that I really enjoy, so I'll obviously be buying all the books of that series as soon as they're released. So, until she finishes The Bone Season series, she'll basically be an auto-buy author.

10. McFly

You're probably wondering what my favorite band is doing on this list. Well, I was running out of people and they have published a book, so I figured they should go on the list, because I'm obviously going to buy any other books that they publish. 

So, that's it for my post on my top 10 auto-buy authors! Next week's topic is a really interesting one that I really want to do, but I'm not sure how I'm going to approach it... so we'll see!

Check out my links below!

   
Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

1 comment:

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!