Thursday, February 19, 2015

My Favorite Youtubers- Spring 2015!

Hey, y'all! So, I recently realized that it was actually time for another update to my favorite YouTubers. What?! How has time gone by so quickly? I'm already halfway through my junior year of college. What even?! Anyway, it actually took me a really long time to figure out this list, because I made several changes to the formatting of the list.

First, I cut this list down to 15. There are a lot of YouTubers that I enjoy, but I wanted to focus on the ones that I really, really love. Also, the format of this list will be basically the same as the format I used in the very first favorite YouTubers post. However, like the last post, I will note how many times they have appeared on the list, as well as where they appeared last time!

If you'd like to check out my previous favorite YouTubers posts, I have a list of them here with links to each individual post.


#15- Shane Dawson
4th time on the list! (Previously #15)

As I've said many times, I've been watching Shane pretty much since the beginning of his first channel. I subscribed when he had like 15,000 subs and not a ton of videos, and I've been watching ever since. I don't watch his videos on an extremely regular basis, but he's still one of my faves.


#14- SoundlyAwake/StillSoundlyAwake
(AKA Nick Foti)
4th time on the list! (Previously #12)

Nick Foti... I just love him. His sense of humor is just the best. I don't even know how to accurately describe it... he just has some really funny ways of saying things and is wonderfully sarcastic. I used to watch his daily vlogs every day, but lately I've just been enjoying watching his main channel videos with the occasional daily vlog.


#13- JesseTheReader
2nd time on the list! (Previously #9)

As I've said in the past, although Jesse is one of my favorite BookTubers, it's not because of his taste in books. We like some of the same books, but the real reason that his videos are so enjoyable is because of his hilarious personality. He's just so excitable and hyper, and watching his videos is always lots of fun.


#12- PeruseProject
2nd time on the list! (Previously #10)

Regan is on this list for the opposite reason of Jesse-- we have a very similar taste in books. There are some areas where we don't totally line up, like lately she's been reading some books that aren't interesting to me at all, but her favorite genre is fantasy, and she enjoys reading both YA fantasy and adult fantasy, and I love both of those. Also, as I've mentioned in the past, Regan and I actually went to high school together. She was a year behind me, and we weren't friends, but we did have a lot of mutual friends because we both were pretty active in the arts-- I was in orchestra, and she did theater.


#11- Ermahgerd Berks
1st time on the list! (Previously an honorable mention)

We've come to the first newcomer on the list! And since they aren't as well-known, I'll talk about them a little more in-depth. Ermahgerd Berks is primarily Jamie's channel, but her fiance, Jeff, is on a lot of her videos and she likes to refer to the channel as theirs rather than just hers. As is probably obvious from the title, they're booktubers. And they have very different taste in books. Jamie likes a really wide variety of books, but she tends to read contemporaries and YA fantasy, while Jeff's favorite genre is adult fantasy/sci-fi and he doesn't really read or enjoy many books outside of that genre. I really love both of them, and I especially enjoy the dynamic between them because they're constantly bickering and it's hilarious. And I especially enjoy when Jeff is on a video because I also enjoy adult fantasy, and his fantasy recommendations are always on-point. His recommendations have never steered me wrong.


#10- Buzzfeed
(all channels)
1st time on the list!

I absolutely love watching Buzzfeed's videos, especially the Try Guys videos, which is why I chose a picture featuring the four try guys. My favorite Buzzfeed videos are the ones where the staff are there either acting or trying things (as opposed to the lists, like "7 ways to be more healthy"). However, whenever I see a Buzzfeed video in my sub box, chances are that it interests me and that I will click on it pretty quickly.


#9- EvanEdinger
2nd time on the list! (Previously #11)

I honestly don't know how anyone could not love Evan and his bad puns. They're so terrible but so wonderful at the same time. We have pretty much the same sense of humor, and he's just so adorably awkward. And I love how often he laughs at his own terrible jokes. It's just such an endearing quality. He's just hilarious, and I also follow him on Snapchat and that is just as wonderful as his YouTube channel.


#8- MattG124
4th time on the list! (Previously #4)

Matt has fallen a few slots on this list, which is really unfortunate, but there's a really simple explanation... I MISS DARE MATTG. The last time that I made this list, Dare MattG had about 5/6 episodes left... and then it was gone. I didn't know that he was stopping at Dare MattG 100 until he made #100. I thought that he was going to continue on. Apparently not. I really enjoyed watching Game or Shame on Dare MattG, and I enjoyed the first version of Game or Shame, where he and Jay watched videos and guessed the outcome. However, I only somewhat like this newest version where he and Jay compete by playing Playstation games. I don't hate it, I just like both of the older versions better, and it makes me not watch him quite as much as I used to.


#7- Jacksfilms
4th time on the list! (Previously #7)

Over the last couple months, I hadn't been watching Jack a ton except for his Your Grammar Sucks series. However, a few weeks ago, I started watching him regularly again. I especially like his new series called YIAY (Yesterday I Asked You). I'm not sure how much I'm going to be watching him once he finishes Your Grammar Sucks, but when I watched YGS #99, I started tearing up bigtime. PLEASE DON'T END IT, JACK!!! 


#6- Katytastic
2nd time on the list! (Previously #8)

Kat is probably my favorite booktuber, hence her being the booktuber who is ranked highest on this list. I think that overall, she just produces the most enjoyable content. I really like her book lists that she does (like her book bucket list for 2015, or her most anticipated 2015 releases). Except when Kat posts videos with spoilery discussions about books I want to read, I watch every single video she posts as soon as I see it in my sub box. 

#5- PBSIdeaChannel
1st time on the list! (Previously an honorable mention)

Another channel that's on this list for the first time! PBS Idea Channel is a lot like VSauce in the fact that each video has a topic, which the host then discusses to a level that many people would consider "over-analysis." Except that PBS Idea Channel is a lot cooler. The host, Mike Rugnetta, is my spirit animal. He's hilarious, sarcastic, geeky, and a bit of a hipster, but in a really wonderful way. He does most of the writing for the videos, and the topics are always really interesting. And the end of each video is dedicated to comments posted on the last video, discussing things that Mike might have left out. I've seen almost all of the videos on this channel, and there are a lot of them. I've also actually been watching Mike since the summer, but I'd hit an Idea Channel lull around the time that I posted my last list, and he missed out on making it to the official list. 


#4- The Fine Bros
4th time on the list! (Previously #3)

And we have now gotten up to the returning, long-standing favorites. These guys have fallen just slightly because I used to watch every video they posted, but some of their series aren't my favorite anymore. I used to watch all of their react videos, but lately I've been skipping Kids React. I also tend to skip their advice series, as well as some of the gaming reacts (depending on the game). But that's still a fairly small fraction of their content, so they still belong all the way up here.

#3- Good Mythical Morning
4th time on the list! (Previously #6)

These two have made their way back into the top 3 again (before being at #6, they were at #3). And this is definitely where they belong. I used to watch every single day, regardless of how interesting the topic sounded, and then I got into a Rhett and Link slump and kinda just stopped watching for a little while. But I started watching regularly once again, and even though I don't watch every single day, I do watch the majority of their videos.

#2- Smosh
(all affiliated channels)
4th time on the list! (Previously #5 [Smosh Games] and 13 [main channel])

I made the executive decision that I would combine Smosh's channels into one single slot for this list. The channel that I watch the most is definitely Smosh Games. There are several series on there (specifically Game Bang!) that I look forward to every week and watch regularly. I also watch Smosh 2nd Channel a lot- specifically Smosh is Bored and Lunchtime with Smosh... which has disappeared lately. Did I miss something? Where did Lunchtime with Smosh go? It's supposed to be every other week, but there hasn't been one for a month. I will admit, however, that I haven't watched a main channel video since Food Battle. I just prefer to watch them being themselves rather than watching their sketches. Whenever I watch their sketches, it's always an older one.

#1: Tie! (Sorrynotsorry)
Superfruit and Dan & Phil!

I tried, y'all. I tried so hard to choose. But I simply couldn't. This is the result of Superfruit's video quality being a little lower lately and the fact that Dan and Phil Games videos are possibly my most anticipated videos of any channel ever.

Superfruit
3rd time on the list! (Previously #1)

What can I say? I just absolutely love these two. Like I said, I haven't been loving their videos quite as much lately, but they do tend to go through little lulls where their videos aren't quite as awesome, and that's probably all that this is. Either way, regardless of how much I enjoy the video they put out each week, I always enjoy the experience of watching it, because I absolutely love the two of them. I love them so much ughhh. #scomiche #fcute

Dan and Phil
4th time on the list! (Previously #2 [Dan] & 18 [Phil])

This is another one where I decided to combine channels together. Because, let's be honest, Dan and Phil are a package deal. As I've said many times in the past, Dan is my spirit animal (yes, I also said that about Mike Rugnetta, but Dan is my spirit animal more than Mike). If I split Dan and Phil up and ranked them separately, Dan would still find himself right here, and Phil would find himself somewhere just outside of the top 10. So basically, I love Phil, but my love for Dan is what got them to this spot, as well as my love for their friendship. However, the biggest reason that I put them together is because they have a joint gaming channel (which they started days after I made my last list- I was furious!) and it's amazing. I love everything that they post on there. Especially their video playing Portal 2. 


So, there you go! That's my bi-annual list of my current favorite YouTubers! Who are your favorite YouTubers? Do we share any favorites? Let me know down in the comments!

Check out my links below!


Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

2 comments:

  1. Why do you like Dan more than Phil? ;-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to joke that Dan is essentially the male version of me. We have very similar personalities (and wardrobes-- so much black). Don't get me wrong, I really love Phil too, it's just that I really, really, really relate to Dan.

      Delete

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!