Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Super-Late Update!

Hey, y'all! So I haven't really done an update in a long time, and I felt like it was time for one since there are probably going to be some schedule changes as far as when posts will go up. I'm also planning to change around what series are posted and when.

First-off, I figured I should discuss something I've been adding to the end of my posts lately-- for the last couple months, I've been making YouTube videos! My YouTube channel is almost solely about books (surprise, surprise). If you'd like to check it out, you can do so here: My Youtube Channel

I'm planning to suspend a couple series that have been regulars on my blog. The first is my One Day Tumblr Challenges. This one is being suspended for the simple reason that I've run out of Tumblr Challenges that actually interested me. If you look back, it's probably been 5-6 months since a challenge that I did was actually a Tumblr challenge. I've tried finding new ones that looked interesting, but I just haven't been able to find any. If I happen to come across another one that I really want to do, I will definitely do it. However, these will no longer be regularly scheduled posts on my blog.

The second series that I plan to bring to suspend is my Secret Lightning Scar Fan-Fiction. I started re-working this fan-fiction at the beginning of last year because I hadn't written in a while and wanted to get back into it by forcing myself to write every other week. The plan was to work on it throughout the two-week period so that it would be well-written and how I really wanted it. However, I just ended up writing it the night before it was posted and it completely destroyed my Friday nights (not like I had anything actually exciting going on, but I had to bail on dinner out with friends a couple times). I'm not happy with the way several of the chapters turned out, even though it did flesh the story out a little. Anyway, it did get me back into writing, so it did its job. It's a pain to write and post, and it's not an incredibly popular series on my blog. So plain and simple, I'm not going to be writing any more. If there's a high demand for more, I might possibly write more. But other than that, it's finished.

What is becoming a regular series, however, are my book posts. Which probably isn't a surprise, because that's what most of my posts have been about as of late. However, they've been kinda over-running my blog, and I realize that. So I plan on making it a regularly scheduled series, once a week.

 Speaking of schedules, I have created a tentative schedule:

Blog schedule:
1st/3rd Tuesday of the month-- CDs On My Shelf post
1st/3rd Thursday of the month-- Random post
2nd/4th Tuesday of the month-- Book post
2nd/4th Thursday of the month-- Random post
Every Saturday-- Project Runway designer rankings post

YouTube schedule:
Sunday or Monday-- Random video. Day of the week depends on whether or not I'm doing T5W that week.
Wednesday or Thursday-- Top 5 Wednesday video. Random video on Thursday if I don't do a Top 5 Wednesday.

I really like this schedule right now, and so I hope to keep to it going forward.

So, that's all I really had for today's post! Check out my links below!


Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!