Saturday, September 6, 2014

30 Day Harry Potter Challenge 3

Hey y'all! I've got another One Day Tumblr Challenge for you. I know I've done Harry Potter challenges in the past, but this one asked a lot of questions that I haven't seen in other challenges, and they were really cool and more in-depth and I just couldn't help myself. If you'd like to see the other Harry Potter challenges I've done, you can click the links below:

30 Day Harry Potter Challenge 2

Before I get started, I'd just like to issue one of these:

These questions ask about some spoilery things, so if you haven't read the books or seen the movies, 
A) WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS?! and 
B) Don't read any more of this. Just go pick up a Harry Potter book and read it.

Now, let's get right into the questions!


01. Top 3 favorite characters & why

3- Ron Weasley

Ron is just such an awesome and loyal friend to Harry. Honestly, where would Harry be if he didn't have Ron by his side constantly? I love Ron.

2- Hermione Granger

I've always really identified with Hermione, and I've always loved her. She was my favorite character for quite a while, but eventually got overtaken. She's so talented and intelligent and hard-working, and is such a great example for how epic girls can be. 

1- Fred and George Weasley

Let's be honest here, these two are my favorite literary characters ever. Sure, they're the funny ones, and their funny moments are some of my favorite moments in the entire series, but they're so much more than just the comic relief. Fred and George are constantly loyal to Harry- sometimes more than his own best friends. They're always the first characters to support Harry and stand up against anyone who doubts him. And we can't forget that absolutely epic exit from Hogwarts in OOTP. Plus, they're incredibly talented wizards and they started their own business when they were 16/17. There's just no way to trump these two.


02. Did it take a while before you got into the series, or did you immediately fall in love?

It took me a while to actually begin reading them, but once I started reading them, I was hooked. I wasn't allowed to read them when I was younger because some people at church told my parents that there was devil worship in the books. (Thanks, liars!) If I'd been allowed to, I probably would have started reading them when I was like 8. But I actually ended up starting them in fifth grade and I sped through the first 5 (the only ones that were out) and waited impatiently for book 6. 



03. Favorite villain & why

OK, I have two answers for this one. In terms of "the villain I loved to hate," definitely this one:

I mean, everyone hates Umbridge. Most people even wanted her to die more than they wanted Voldemort to die. I was really mad when she didn't die. She was just such a terrible person for seemingly no reason, and she was packaged in this tiny, pink-covered, cat-obsessed package. It's the creepiest form of evil, if you ask me. Plus, she gave us countless entertaining scenes and moments when you just want to smack her.

As far as the villain I like like the most/ find most interesting, definitely:

Yes, it's very cliche to say that Voldemort is my favorite villain, but he's the entire reason that I love book 6. He has such an interesting and complicated back story and it explains so much about him and why he can't love. It's just so intricate and interesting and it actually helps to understand him, and I really appreciate that.


04. I know you love them all, but list all of the books in order from favorite to least favorite:

I actually already did a ranking of the books, so I won't give an explanation of my rankings, but I will leave the link to that post here if you want to check it out

7- Chamber of Secrets
6- Sorcerer's Stone
 5- Order of the Phoenix
4- Goblet of Fire
3- Prisoner of Azkaban
2- Deathly Hallows
1- Half-Blood Prince


05. Which one of the deaths did you have the hardest time with

Just seeing this is making me cry. Fred's my favorite character and I still haven't accepted/dealt with his death. I refuse. No. 


06. One of your favorite quotes

“You haven't got a letter on yours," George observed. "I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid-we know we're called Gred and Forge.”
(Sorcerer's Stone)


07. Favorite movie

Ooh, this one is actually really tough, because I haven't perfected my movie rankings like I have with my book rankings. Maybe this one?


08. Anything you’d change in the epilogue

Honestly, I would have made it significantly longer. What's going on in everyone else's lives almost 20 years later? I care about way more than just Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. What about George? Neville is only mentioned in passing. What about Molly and Arthur? How are they? Luna? 


09. What would be your favorite class at Hogwarts

I've always thought that Potions would be a super cool class. I know Snape is a bit of a jerk to students, but Maybe once Slughorn took over, it'd be fun. I just always thought it would be cool to mix things together. I was always concocting drinks as a kid.

10. The cloak, the wand, or the stone

This depends on the scenario. If we're assuming that I'm a witch in the wizarding world and I was presented with this choice, I'd choose the invisibility cloak, no question. However, if I was presented that choice just as a normal human being as I am now, I'd choose the wand so that I could do magic. 

11. Is there a character you didn’t like in the books, but loved in the movies or vice-versa?

Well, I don't think there were any characters where my opinions were that different. If I liked them in the books, I was likely to also like them in the movie. However, one slightly-annoying character became even more annoying in the movies...


12. Least favorite character

I mean... it's pretty much the same thing. Ginny is probably my least favorite. Almost her entire purpose is to marry Harry and have his babies.


13. Favorite location from the movies?

I mean, Hogwarts is actually the coolest place ever. I'd love to go to school there and live there and then eventually be a professor there. Yes please!

14. If you could work at any place in Hogsmeade which would it be?

Hmmm... either Honeyduke's or Zonko's. I'd probably have to say Zonko's, just because it's a joke shop and that makes it super cool. So Zonko's!

15. Top 3 favorite scenes from the series

You're kidding, right? I have to pick 3 scenes from an entire 7 book, 8 movie, who-knows-how-many-hours series? Yeah right. Nice try.

16. If you could ask your favorite character one thing what would it be?

I don't even know... Maybe what it's like to own a business at such a young age? Or what it's like to be a twin?

17. What would your Patronus be?

I'm not sure this would definitely be my patronus, but I'd like to believe that it would be. I love horses, and I really love that they symbolize independence (among other things).

18. What book have you read the most?

Definitely Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. At this point, reading it is just pure nostalgia. It's the only book I've ever been able to get at a midnight release, and it was also the first that I got the day it came out. I fell completely in love with it. I've read the other books a lot too, but they don't compare to this one.

19. If you had to date a character who would it be?

I mean, it's not like you'd have to twist my arm to get me to date Fred Weasley. I'd jump at the chance to date him! If only my favorite fictional characters were real...

20. What would a boggart turn into in front of you?

I'm actually very uncomfortable with the fact that I can see this picture right now as I type. I hated searching for it, I hated saving it, and I hate that it's looking at me. I'm terrified of ostriches. TERRIFIED. And emus, but let's not get into that. I'm also afraid of all other types of birds, as well as spiders and clowns. But above all, ostriches. And then emus. And then like peacocks and turkeys and chickens. Those 5 are the scariest birds. That's why I eat so much chicken... to kill as many of them as possible.

21. Favorite magical creature

This one is a toughie... because I don't want to consider house elves, ghosts, or centaurs as creatures because they're intelligent beings, but at the same time, hippogriffs freak me out because of the whole scared of birds thing, and I don't really care for thestrals. And obviously I don't like owls... I guess I find boggarts really interesting... OK, that's what I'm going with- boggarts. I'd hate to come across one, because it would turn into an ostrich, but I think they're really interesting.

22. Have you ever been to a midnight showing of a movie?
Yes! I was planning on going to the midnight showing of Half-Blood Prince, but I ended up going to visit my grandparents that week, and I wasn't old enough to drive (well, I had a permit, but w/e) and neither of my grandparents would have stayed awake that late, so I didn't get to go until the next day. HOWEVER, I did get to go see Deathly Hallows part 1 & 2 at midnight, which was really cool. For part 2, our movie theater did a really cool double-feature where they played pt. 1 at like 10ish and then at midnight, they played pt. 2. So fun.
Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 Premiere!

23. Favorite Dursley

That scene where he's actually nice to Harry makes me tear up every time. It's not like Dudley turns into an incredibly nice person, but for once, he actually accepts Harry, and none of his other relatives ever really did that. Not even Petunia, who was clearly working under orders from Dumbledore.


24. Who is your favorite professor at Hogwarts
Ugh I'm so torn about this one, because on one hand I want to say:

But on the other hand, I also love:

They're both so incredible. McGonagall is so sassy and such a great professor and constantly there for Harry, but on the other hand, Lupin is also the best DADA prof. ever, and becomes a kind of father figure in Harry's life. I just love both of them. Don't make me choose!


25. Which character do you think they did the best job casting for the movies

All other arguments are invalid. 

26. Does it bother you that the movies differ from the books

Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no. Do I wish that the movies were exactly like the books and that nothing was left out? YES. But I can also understand some of the changes made. Obviously, they had to cut down Order of the Phoenix because it's a HUGE book. But I didn't agree with some of the stuff they cut out. A lot of the amazing parts in OOTP are when the professors are absolute jerks to Umbridge and we only got a very tiny snippet of that. Also, 90% of the Weasley twins' humor was cut out of the movies. So in general, yes, it bothers me when the movies differ from the books, but only when I think the change isn't justified. 

27. What movie have you watched the most

I'm not positive on this one, but I just have to assume it's POA because it's my favorite.


28. Have you ever been to the WWoHP, if not do you plan on it?
YEP. Sr. year of high school, spring break. Best day of my life. I'm also going again next June!


29. What would be the first thing you’d buy at the Twins’ joke shop?

EVERYTHING. ALL THE THINGS.

30. 5 parts of the Deathly Hallows movies (1&2) that you’re looking forward to the most

Well, clearly this was made before the last 2 movies came out... The one thing I remember really wanting to make it into the movie was the George "holy" joke. And hallelujah, it did!



So that's it for the 30 Day Harry Potter Challenge #3! I hope you loved it as much as I did. Third time's the charm, right?

I've also created a Facebook page for my blog, so if you want to check that out and like it, you can click HERE. I'll try to keep that pretty up-to-date with new posts and such.

Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!