Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Dream "And Then There Were None" Cast

Hey, y'all! I thought I'd do something a little out of the ordinary and talk about a book that is near and dear to my heart: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. This is one of my absolute favorite books. And while reading this book, I tended to picture certain actors and actresses as each character. No one has ever managed to make a decent movie version of this book, and no one has attempted to make one since the '70s. So, I figured that I should give Hollywood a little head start to hopefully prompt them to make a new one. Wishful thinking, but it was fun!
I’d also just like to preface this by saying that having all of these actors in one movie together would probably be WAY too expensive, but these are the people I would cast with infinite money. Also, I tried to find pictures that matched the way I want them to be styled as closely as possible. Enjoy :)

Ten little Indian boys went out to dine;
One choked his little self and then there were nine.
Anthony Marston played by: Ryan Reynolds

He was one of the easiest to cast. I’m not sure why, but he was exactly who I pictured when reading about Anthony Marston. 

Nine little Indian boys sat up very late;
One overslept himself and then there were eight.
Mrs. Rogers played by: Meryl Streep


When I first read the book, I pictured both her and her husband as a bit younger (late 40s to early 50s) but I now I tend to picture them as a bit older, and I think that Meryl Streep would fit the bill perfectly.


Eight little soldier boys travelling in Devon
One said he'd stay there and then there were seven.
General Macarthur played by: Anthony Hopkins 


I also considered him for the role of Justice Wargrave, because of how creepy he can get, but I think he could work really well as General Macarthur. 


Seven little soldier boys chopping up sticks.
One chopped himself in halves and then there were six.
Thomas Rogers played by: Richard Gere


This one gave me the most trouble. I REALLY wanted Michael Caine, but realized that he's just too old for the part. So, I went with Richard Gere. Honestly, I'd replace him rather quickly if I found someone better.


Six little soldier boys playing with a hive.
A bumblebee stung one and then there were five.
Emily Brent played by: Helen Mirren


I was kinda flip-flopping with Helen and Meryl as Emily, but I felt that Helen had more of the look I'd pictured for Emily. This was a pretty hard one to figure out, because I pictured an older woman, but not a specific actress!


Five little soldier boys going in for law.
One got in Chancery and then there were four.
Justice Wargrave played by: Jack Nicholson 


I mean, could anyone play this role better? He's brilliant, and can play characters who are covering up their craziness. I've just pictured him as Justice Wargrave since I first read the book.

Four little soldier boys going out to sea.
A red herring swallowed one and then there were three.
Dr. Armstrong played by: Gary Oldman


I feel like Gary Oldman could be styled in many different ways that would fit this role. Beard would work, the more messy hair would work, clean shaven, glasses or no glasses, there are just many different options here. But I feel like he would do an excellent job.


Three little soldier boys walking in the zoo.
A big bear hugged one and then there were two.
William Blore played by: George Clooney


I feel like he could work either clean-shaven or with the facial hair like this. I'm not a huge Clooney fan, but he definitely looks the part in my opinion.

Two little soldier boys sitting in the sun.
One got frizzled up, and then there was one.
Captain Lombard played by: Johnny Depp


Lombard is my favorite character in the book, and I kinda always pictured him as Johnny Depp, but with Captain Jack Sparrow's mustache. He's also the character that I'm still divided on. I think Jared Leto would also be a great choice...

However, I AM a rather biased person, because Lombard is my favorite character and I want him to be as attractive as possible and these are two of the most attractive actors working right now... but that's just in my opinion.


One little soldier boy left all alone.
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none.
Vera Claythorne played by: Natalie Portman 


I think she would be perfect. I considered Emma Watson for a little while, but I realized that the only reason I was considering her was because she's British and the character is British. But I'm sure Natalie Portman could fake a British accent. 


So, there you go! My dream cast of And Then There Were None. As you probably noticed, actors/actresses were chosen because they were what I pictured when reading the book, rather than for their acting abilities. In all seriousness, however, I really do hope that a *GOOD* movie version of And Then There Were None is made at some point, and I would really love to see these people play the respective roles.

So what did you think of my choices? Do you agree? Disagree? Think I'm crazy for choosing a certain person? Let me know in the comments- I'd really love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!