Thursday, July 2, 2020

My Ideal Cast for Big Brother 22

Hey everyone, today I'm going to be returning to my blogging roots by talking about one of my favorite reality TV competitions-- Big Brother!

Lately, the Big Brother fandom has been buzzing with the possibility of this summer's Big Brother season finally being the season of All-Stars that we've been begging for every year since BB7. Rumors like this spread pretty much every year, but this is the first time in a while that they've had any level of believability or credibility to them (especially with everything going on in the world right now). So, the hype is real, and it seems like BB All-Stars 2 might actually be in the cards.

Since everyone is speculating on who might be cast or who they want to be cast, I figured it would be fun to throw my own hat into the ring and create my own ideal cast of returning players for this season of Big Brother. 

An important note-- this is my ideal cast. I don't think this is in any way a realistic cast, and I think we'll get maybe three of these players on the season if we're lucky. This post is solely for my hopes and dreams and best-case scenario, all of which will definitely be crushed into tiny pieces when the real cast is released. 

In line with how production usually casts, I've chosen 8 male returnees and 8 female returnees. There are probably people on this list that you personally don't consider "All Stars," but I couldn't care less about that label, and I'm not going to argue over whether or not these players are "All Stars." These are simply the 16 returnees I'd like to see play again in a season together. OK? OK. On to the list. 


The Women

Danielle Reyes

Danielle Reyes is not only one of my favorite BB players of all time, but I also believe that she is one of the best players to never win the game. Danielle for me is the total package. She's a great strategic player, an entertaining character to watch, and gives fantastic DRs. BB3 is one of my favorite seasons of the show almost entirely because of Danielle and her alliance & gameplay with Jason. She's strategy and TV gold, and just having her alone is enough for a fun season.

Britney Godwin (Haynes)

While Britney isn't quite as great a strategist as Danielle, I also think that she's a very well rounded player and character for Big Brother to get back. Her DRs are possibly the best the show has ever seen, and she has a good head for strategy and especially for her social game. On top of all that, she went on the Amazing Race recently and has a really moving story about her daughter. She's in a totally different place in her life now than she was the previous times she played, and I think she'd be a great get for the season.

Vanessa Rousso

Obviously, she just had a baby and has 3 infants at home, so there's a 0% chance we get her back, but like I said, this is my little dream world here! Vanessa is one of the best strategists we've seen in recent seasons, and is a stock pick for many fans as someone they'd like to see back. She nearly won the game her first time, and she could definitely try again and possibly win this time. 

Nicole Anthony

I love Nicole, my mom loves Nicole, everyone who watched season 21 and their neighbor's cousin's cat love Nicole. With all of the frankly gross behavior in the house last season, the fandom rallied around Nicole in a way I personally have never seen before, and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I'd love to see her get a second chance. She's an extremely likable and rootable character, but on top of that, I think she's actually an underrated player who could do some serious damage, especially in a house this stacked with big, obvious threats. 

Da'Vonne Rogers

Historically, I haven't always been the biggest fan of Da'Vonne, because despite all the hype she's gotten (after being evicted second on her first season), she's not a great Big Brother player. She wants so badly to be a great player, and she plays really hard, but even she will admit that her mouth gets her in trouble. But she's great TV. She gives great DRs, she's really fun to watch, and she calls out people when they need to be called out. I've picked some strategically sound, but not interesting players, so it only makes sense to balance that out with Da'Vonne, who will play a really messy, but entertaining game. It's a thousand times better than someone who's just there to exist inside a house. 

Jun Song

I feel like a broken record at this point, but I think Jun is another that is good across the board. She gives great DRs, she's fun to watch, and she's a strong strategic player, no matter how much people want to complain about her floating strategy. I think it would be especially interesting to see her play now, 16 years after she won. I think she would be able to fly under the radar, especially in this cast, and I think that's when she'll be most dangerous.
 
Helen Kim

As much as I love entertaining and messy players, I'm a sucker for players like Helen, who may seem boring to some people, but provide a calm, rational, strategic voice in all of the chaos. Once again, I think Helen is someone who could be easily overlooked and underestimated and get herself into a good position quickly just by seeming amiable and non-threatening. Then again, I have cast another person who would probably be on to her, and was one of the reasons for her downfall in her original season, but maybe she could get out ahead of him and slit his throat before he could take her out again. 

Kemi Fakunle

Listen, CBS loved Da'Vonne and brought her back the following season despite being evicted second, and I NEED them to maintain that same energy for my girl Kemi. Kemi was my pre-season favorite. I loved her personality, I loved her mind for the game, and I was rooting so hard for her... and then she got screwed by Bella and stuck in a house with people who treated her horribly the entire time she was there. I truly believe that she didn't get a chance to thrive in the Big Brother house, and I think she could do some serious damage if given another chance and put into a less disgusting cast. I'd love to see her play again. PLEASE.


The Men

Dan Gheesling

Dan Gheesling is always #1 on my list for people I want back for any given all stars season. He's my favorite Big Brother player of all time, I think he's the best Big Brother player of all time, and he's already played 2 fantastic games, and in my opinion he should've won the game both times. He has nothing to prove, and he'll probably never return except for an all-winners or all-legends season, but I want him back at any chance I can get. 
 
Matt Hoffman

I just re-watched BB12, so Matt was one of the first people I wrote down for this because he was at the forefront of my mind. I already knew quite a bit about Matt before watching his season due to podcasts, and when I finally watched BB12, he actually didn't live up to the hype for me the first time around. Re-watches, however, have cemented him as someone I'd love to see play again, and his recent Sequester game only further confirmed that. He made some really dopey moves in BB12 but he's genuinely a really great strategist, and is also a type of character I tend to gravitate toward, so I'd love to see him back.

Johnny Mac

BB17 was the first season I watched live, and ever since then, Johnny Mac has been the #1 person I think deserves a second chance. He's known for being a character-- he gives really silly DRs, he's really funny, and he's entertaining to watch. But he's also an underrated gamer, and his strategic abilities have kinda been overshadowed and forgotten due to his personality. I think if we ever got him back, he could fly under the radar a bit due to that fact alone-- he's just the goofy DR guy! Forget that he's a superfan, snowed the entire house into believing he was a clueless recruit, and played a solid lowkey game that got him to F4! Nah, nah, nah, he's just goofy Johnny!

Tyler Crispen

Tyler is definitely the guy on everyone's mind when it comes to an All-Stars season, to the point that some people have said it isn't All Stars if they don't get Tyler. While I'm not that aggressive about wanting him back, I do think he has to be one of the first asks for the season. He's fresh on everyone's mind because he played only 2 years ago, and he was the first person to make final 2 and win America's Favorite Player. Once again, I think the majority of the fandom believes he should've won that season, and I agree. I'd love to see him play again and see how he could do on a second try. 

Eric Stein

RHAP did a podcast a few years ago where they ranked the best players to never win the game, and they put Eric at #1 on that list. I haven't made my own list, so I'm not sure whether or not I'd put him in 1st place, but he'd be pretty high up there for me, especially when you consider that he had such a huge handicap of being forced to bend to America's every whim. And yet still he managed to play a great game and get himself to final 5 before getting cut. If for no other reason, I'd just love to see him come back and play his own game this time and see how well he fares. And hey, it's been long enough that maybe people won't know who he is or how dangerous he is!


Andy Herren

I feel like there are two opinions and only two opinions when it comes to Andy Herren. 1- rat floater on a trash season, ew. & 2- a deserving winner who played one of the best games the show has seen.  It seems like almost everyone falls into one of these two camps. Obviously, I think that he played an incredible game in BB15, and I'd love to see him play again, to see if he really is up to the level that I personally think that he is. I've said this for a few people now, but I think that since his game isn't extremely respected, they could see him as a non-threat and he could fly under the radar again.

Ovi Kabir

Like with Kemi, I simply don't think Ovi got a very fair shake last season, and I really want to give him another chance because they were my top 2 pre-season and just got completely screwed over. For Ovi, I have even more reason to want him back, because he played Sequester recently and got himself all the way to Final 4 through a very back-stabby, villainous game, which is not at all how he's perceived by the BB fandom at large. I think bringing him back would give us a great opportunity to see him actually play for real this time, and maybe even see that more villainous side of him come out!

Paul Abrahamian

I know. I hear you groaning already, and I'm with you. If it's that painful, pretend I put BB21 David in this spot instead, because those were the two I was debating between, and I felt like I already had enough BB21 to go around. The only reason Paul ended up here is because I think if he was on a cast this stacked, he couldn't outshine everyone like he did in previous seasons. I really liked him in BB18, and I was still rooting for him in BB19, and I think it would be interesting to see him play in a house of all returnees that won't be stupid enough to bow to his every whim. 



So, that's my ideal cast of 16 returning players for Big Brother 22. Recent rumors claim that the season is officially ON and that a premiere date has been set, so hopefully we'll soon see who's returning for the season. I'm cautiously optimistic for the season, despite rumors circulating about Josh, Paul, and Christmas all being potentially contacted for/ on the season. And many other rumors that just make me sad. Regardless, I just hope that we get a few of these people for the season, or at least just an overall decent cast. Because that's about all we can ask for at this point.

Share some of the returnees you'd like to see back down in the comments! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!