Friday, April 15, 2016

Ranking Project Runway Designers #1 [205-216]


Hey, y'all! So, back in 2013, I ranked all of the Project Runway contestants and began to do blog posts on my rankings, but I wasn't completely up-to-date with designers, and it was just bad timing, so I stopped and deleted the posts in case I wanted to re-start the series. And then I tried again last year... and gave up. So I'm back again, starting fresh.

For this list, I counted only designers who have shown on the runway, excluding anyone who was eliminated as a semi-finalist (like they did in seasons 9 & 13). I also obviously didn't double-count people who appeared in multiple seasons, because they're still only a single person. After adding up everyone, I came up with 216 designers that I will be ranking throughout this series.

This will be a new mini-series on my blog. I've decided to divide the list up into 18 posts, each consisting of 12 designers. I'm not sure how often/regularly these will be posted, but I want to post at least 1/2 per week. I also decided that it would be more fun to work our way to my #1 spot, so I'm going to start at the bottom and make my way to the top of the list.

Also, I feel like I need to add on this disclaimer: 
Any and all comments are my opinions on them based on the way they presented themselves on the show (and of course, the way the show was edited) and in no way are a reflection of how they are in real life. The way a contestant presents themself on a show, combined with the editing of the show, is not necessarily the way they are outside of the show, and because I don't know these people personally, I can only go based off of the way they were portrayed on the show. 

Also, I feel like this is a little obvious, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. If you don't want to be spoiled for what happens in the show or what order people go home, don't read any further. Because I will mention what place the person got. And I'll be talking about All-Stars placings too, if applicable, so just bear that in mind before continuing to read on. So let's just jump right into the first 12, AKA my 12 least favorite people to ever appear on Project Runway!


216. Jason Troisi
Season 8- 16th Place

I'm not sure words can accurately describe how annoyed I got with this dude. He was only on for two episodes, but he was so obnoxious the entire time. Both of the things that he made were butt-ugly and he just didn't seem to care about anything. He was just so full of himself and caught up in trying to intimidate the competition with his stupid hat. Ugh. He should have been eliminated episode one for taking the kimono he was given, turning it backward, and calling it done.


215. Cecilia Motwani
Season 9- 13th Place (Quit)

Ugh. I'm not sure I've ever wanted to punch someone in the face as much as I wanted to punch Cecilia in the face. First of all, she just gave up. But on top of that, I didn't ever like any of her designs, and she just got on my nerves constantly. She was such a Debbie Downer constantly. I mean, I'm a fairly negative person, but I try to be negative in a sarcastic, funny way. She was basically Kristen Stewart. She made one face, looked like she was high the entire time, and existed only to annoy.


214. Ivy Higa
Season 8- 8th Place
All-Stars Season 2- 5th Place

If Ivy isn't among your least favorite people to be on Project Runway, what are you even doing?!? She was obnoxious, full of herself, and just flat-out mean. She thought that her designs were amazing, when they were probably some of the most boring designs I've ever seen on Project Runway. And on top of not being able to put her money where her mouth was, she felt the need to start rumors about people and bad-mouth them behind their backs. If not for Cecilia giving up and Jason being an even worse designer than Ivy, she would be last on my list. And deservedly so. Ugh.


213. Angela Keslar
Season 3- 7th Place

Every single time she added another rosette to one of her designs, I just wanted to scream. I think the thing that made me most annoyed was how completely oblivious she was when she made something that just wasn't good. I can respect a more artsy/crafty design aesthetic, but she simply didn't understand how her designs were perceived by anyone else. Not a fan.


212. Guadalupe Vidal
Season 2- 11th Place

Speaking of being unaware of others' perceptions, we come to Guadalupe. First of all, I really disliked her designs and aesthetic. No thank you. She didn't make a single thing that I liked. And she tried to go around the workroom telling people what to fix about their designs. What?! And she was just weird. And not the good kind of weird, the back-slowly-away-so-you-don't-get-killed weird.


211. Marla Duran
Season 2- 10th Place 

You're probably surprised that Marla is so far down on the list. You probably don't even remember her. But I do, because I have a good memory (sometimes annoyingly good). And I didn't like her because she was just so... meek. I hate that word, and I hate using that word, but I feel like it describes her really well. She was so soft-spoken and oblivious to how strong and cut-throat the competition was. And her designs weren't very strong. They looked like arts and crafts projects, and they were just so dowdy.


210. Sandhya Garg
 Season 13- 8th Place

I just couldn't stand Sandhya. First off, I really didn't like her designs. I thought they were ridiculous. In my opinion, they were all costumes. On top of that, she constantly played the victim. I'm sorry, have you ever seen this show? You're an adult. Act like one. When her team didn't listen to her, she went crying to Tim. When someone didn't like her, she either got super defensive or she just played the victim. Grow up and learn to take criticism; you're a FASHION DESIGNER. If you can't take the heat, get out of the sewing room.


209. Ven Budhu
Season 10- 7th Place

Ugh. It was just painful to watch him on Project Runway. First of all, he had that rose design that he put on literally every single outfit he made. We get it, it's unique and it's pretty. But it doesn't have to be on everything. And then when he did take away the rose design, we were left with... essentially nothing. Just a pretty boring, old-looking aesthetic. On top of that, he was just a jerk. When they got the challenge where they had to work with real women, he was extremely rude to her by insulting her weight and shape. I just didn't like him.


208. Sandro Masmanidi
Season 12- 13th Place (Quit)

And here's another guy who was just a total jerk. However, he didn't have the design skills to back him up. I thought that all of his designs were really ugly. And then he just blew up and left the set, quitting the show. He had a horrible temper and just wasn't a pleasant person.


207. Stella Zotis
Season 5- 9th Place
All-Stars Season 5- 11th Place

Ugh, Stella just got on my nerves. She complained every single time she couldn't work with leather, and she really didn't know how to work with anything else. She was just annoying.


206. Wendy Pepper
Season 1- 3rd Place
All Stars Season 2- 12th Place

Oh, Wendy. She's basically the epitome of a reality TV villain. She was there to "win, not to make friends," which is literally the most cliche statement in reality tv history. And then I didn't really like her designs, especially now as someone watching more than 10 years later. She was just mean and manipulative and didn't have anything to back it up. 


205. Lantie Foster
Season 10- 15th Place

Lantie's probably another one that most people have completely forgotten about. But I didn't, because I did not like her at all. She was just so oblivious to how everything worked on the show. I found myself just yelling at her the entire time for how many stupid decisions she made. Lantie, it's season 10. Why are you using fabric on an unconventional challenge?! That's basically the biggest no-no on this show. 

Also, a theme that you'll see on this list is that there are several female designers who remind me of someone that I know in my personal life (obvs not going to name names). And that individual has certain personality traits that are also exhibited by these designers. It's really hard to put my finger on the exact traits, but it's kinda an "overly put together but yet somehow naive/oblivious to the 'rules' of Project Runway" vibe. Like, in Lantie's case, she used fabric on an unconventional challenge. Like, learn the rules of the game before you start playing. So you'll be seeing several of these designers pretty soon, near the bottom of my list. Especially since all of the women who fall under this category failed to impress me design-wise.


So, those are my 12 least designers in my Project Runway designer rankings! I'll be back soon with the designers who got places 193-204! Who are your favorite and least favorite people to be on Project Runway? Let me know down in the comments!
Check out my links below!


Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!