Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Ten Finished Series I Have YET to Finish!

Hey, y'all! So once again, I'll be participating in Top 10 Tuesday, hosted on The Broke and the Bookish. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to participate last week because I was crazy-busy, but there's a freebie week coming up, so I might just use that topic for the freebie week, because it was "Characters I Didn't Click With," and I definitely have a lot of those!

This week's topic is about finished series that I have yet to finish (obvi, given the title). However, given the fact that I tend to marathon completed series, there aren't a ton that I've started and haven't finished. I'm going to list those, of course, but the rest of the list is going to be made up of ongoing series that I'm not caught up on (AKA I've started/completed one book, but have not read all the books that are out), because there are a good number of those.

1. The Poirot Series
by Agatha Christie

This series is 39 books long, so it makes sense that I haven't finished it yet, especially given that each book is its own individual story instead of having an overarching plot that makes you want to keep going until you finish the whole thing.

2. The Percy Jackson Series
by Rick Riordan

This is possibly the series that's been on this list for the longest. I started the series in junior high when only the first 3 books were out, and I just never kept up with the new releases. So now that it's been like 8 years since I've read the first 3, I probably just need to go back and re-read them and finish it. 

3. The Chaos Walking Trilogy
by Patrick Ness

This one is kinda a cop out, since I'm in the middle of marathoning the trilogy right now, but there just really aren't many completed series that I've started & not finished. 

4. The Chronicles of Prydain
by Lloyd Alexander

This is actually one where I read half of book 1 and then set it down because it wasn't really holding my attention. Since I do plan to read it eventually, I'm adding it to this list.

5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy
by Laini Taylor

Once again, like with the Chronicles of Prydain, I started the first book and haven't even finished that one yet. But I do think that I'll end up reading this series before I finish the Chronicles of Prydain.

6. The Bone Season Series
by Samantha Shannon

Now, we're starting to get into the ongoing series that I have yet to finish. And this one is just embarrassing, because I read book one back in November and LOVED it, and was eagerly anticipating The Mime Order. And then I got it and still haven't read it over SEVEN MONTHS LATER.

7. The Kingkiller Chronicle
by Patrick Rothfuss

I read The Name of the Wind in January of this year, and I really loved it. However, because of my TBR jar challenge, I ended up not being able to go right into The Wise Man's Fear and I still haven't read it. I think at this point, I'm going to just wait until book 3 comes out and then marathon the trilogy so that everything is fresh in my mind. I'd probably have to read them anyway, so I might as well wait.

8. The Diviners Series
by Libba Bray

I was actually completely caught up on this series until a little over a week ago, when the second book was released. I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, but I'm hopefully going to be getting to it this month!

9. Miss Peregrine's Series
by Ransom Riggs

OK, so this one is kinda cheating, because I'm currently caught up on the series. However, the third book, Library of Souls, is going to be released in a few weeks and I have no intention of reading it right when it's released. I like the series, but it's definitely not one that I feel extremely attached to. I'm probably going to wait until the Miss Peregrine's movie is released and then re-read the first two and marathon through the third (which is the last one, right? Is it officially a trilogy?).

10. Mistborn
by Brandon Sanderson

OK, so literally everything on this list is a cop out. Oops. Anyway, I have completed (and LOVED) the Mistborn trilogy. But, I have yet to read the spinoff/companion series that also falls under the Mistborn name & takes place a few hundred years after Mistborn. The first book is the only one out right now, but book 2 is coming out in November.

So, that's it for my post on my top 10 series I haven't finished! Sorry that so many of them were cop-outs- I just really don't like leaving series unfinished!

Check out my links below!

   
Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!