Tuesday, September 29, 2015

If/Then Book Recs [Top 10 (4) Tuesday]

Hey, y'all! So once again, I'll be participating in Top 10 Tuesday, hosted on The Broke and the Bookish. I'm doing this very last second again, but oh well. This week's topic is to recommend underrated books for people who have read & loved super-popular books. I was only able to come up with 4 comparisons, but oh well!

1. If you love...
 (Harry Potter, jic you were confused...)

check out...

The Pendragon Series
by DJ MacHale


This is one of my all-time favorite series. I've loved it since jr. high, and it's almost as special to me as Harry Potter. There are just so many similarities between these books. They're both long series revolving around a young boy who is thrust into a world (or worlds, in Bobby Pendragon's case) that he had no idea existed. This series is just wonderful, and if you're interested, you can check out some more about the series here.


2. If you love...

check out...

The Rithmatist
by Brandon Sanderson

It's an interesting fantasy novel set at a magic school! I really like the way that this book messes with what's expected, and the magic system is super cool and unique. One of the best middle grade books I've read, TBH.


3. If you love...

check out...

The Body Electric
by Beth Revis

I read The Body Electric first, and I definitely saw a lot of similarities as far as the world and technology. Plus, they're both sci-fi dystopians set abroad (Body Electric is set in a dystopian Italy), so there's that. Honestly, just check out all of Beth Revis's stuff because it's super cool and I love her.


4. If you love...

check out...

Night Film
by Marisha Pessl

Night Film has been getting quite a bit of buzz lately, so it's not quite so underrated anymore, but I decided to add it on here. Full disclosure, I really enjoyed Night Film, but didn't really like Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore. However, they have very similar vibes/moods and are extremely mysterious, so I feel that if you did like Mr. Penumbra's, you'd enjoy Night Film too.  


Check out my links below!

   
Thanks for reading! If you like my posts, I'd really appreciate if you'd subscribe/follow so that I know you're enjoying what I'm posting! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!