Tuesday, May 21, 2013

21 Things About You Challenge


1) What is your name and were you named after anyone?
If I haven't already said it somewhere on here, my name is Kristen! And I wasn't named after anyone, my parents just liked the name. My mom did tell me, though, that if she'd had another daughter, her name would be Reagan. 

2) What are your top 3 favorite colors?
Ooh, only 3? I'm gonna do this just saying black isn't a color. Because... it's kinda not. But I love black. 
Because I'm really picky, I'll link the exact shade I'm talking about 
My favorite color is red. . I also love turquoise/teal, which are technically 2 different colors, but since most people lump them together and assume they're the same, I will too. I also really love purple.

3) What kind of people do you surround yourself with?
Hmm... well, in August, I went off to college, and the only real connecting thread through most of the friends I made was the fact that like me, they don't drink and don't party. So basically, I'm drawn to straightedge people like myself. Another requirement is usually liking Harry Potter, but that's different.

4) List four goals you plan to accomplish in the future
-graduate college with a degree in music and psychology!
- learn to play some instruments better
-publish a book
-do something with my life

5) List five things that make you happy
puppies, dr. pepper, stuffed animals, good music, and youtube.

6) Describe yourself in a lengthy paragraph
Lengthy? Lengthy is my middle name. I go way too into detail with almost everything. I'm a walking confusing contradiction. I obsess over things pretty easily and one of my biggest obsessions is Harry Potter. I use my house to describe myself. I'm a Slytherclaw- combo of Ravenclaw and Slytherin. I'm a grammar nazi. I'm a huge music snob, and I love good music more than almost anything else. I've gotten extremely interested in psychology in recent months, and have decided to study it in college, along with music. If my plans go correctly, I want to do research on music and the brain. I'm also a pretty big nerd in general, and I enjoy being by myself a lot. My favorite thing about being home for the summer (besides spending time with family) is not having a roommate and being able to stay up late in bed on my laptop, like I am now. I love and appreciate almost anything artistic and nearly all of my interests in life are either intelligence or creativity driven. I love reading and have wanted to be an author almost my entire life. I've been working on a few stories for several years, but they've had to be put on the backburner, since it's not a feasable or stable job. One day, though, I do really want to publish at least one. I HATE really big changes (like moving and making new friends- I'm not a people person) but I adapt really well to change and usually grow to like it. And if I don't have small changes in my life, I go a little crazy ( I have to rearrange my CD shelf or bookshelf often to keep it interesting). So yeah, I think that's about it...

7) List seven wishes
I'm thinking that these should be illogical/ genie wishes. So that's what I'm going to do.
-I wish that there was a cure for celiac disease. It's when you're gluten intolerant. My mom's had it since I was 3, and it would be nice for her to eat whatever she wants, whenever she wants it, without having to worry about it.
-That my family had never moved to the town we live in now. We moved here for a job, and since I've been gone to college, I'm spending the entire summer (including my birthday) without any friends :(
-That my dad had a stable job back in Dallas. Which is kinda a supplement to the last one.
-That there was a foolproof cure to acne. Ever since jr. high, I've had pretty bad acne, and nothing I've ever used has been helpful, and I can't use anything that uses salicylic acid because my face drys up immediately.
-That I was a lot better at playing the viola. As a music major, I should be able to play better than I do, even though I don't want to go into performance. 
-That I would never get nervous. Because that always messes up my viola performances. Always.
-That I could make money doing this rather than working in a store. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited (and nervous) about starting my new job, but it would be so nice to earn money from blogging.
8) What is your go-to song?
I guess it depends on the situation. When I'm trying to fall asleep, I always listen to the Parachute album 'Losing Sleep' (I honestly JUST realized how ironic that is) and I always start it on the song Ghost. It's kinda funny, the first time I used that cd, it was on shuffle and it started on Ghost and I fell asleep immediately, and the next time I used it, it started on a different song and I couldn't fall asleep. So I started the shuffle on Ghost and I fell asleep. So it's almost a superstition/luck thing. ANYWAY, I have go-to summer songs (The Beach- All Time Low, Barefoot Blue Jean Night- Jake Owen), go-to jam songs, go-to chill songs, etc. 

9) What is your favorite season and why?
Summer! And not just because there's no school. Although that's a big factor. I'm a June baby, so summer means birthday. It also means warm weather, which I LOVE. I hate the cold. SO MUCH. Currently, I'm not a big fan of being out of school because I'm not with my friends, but I'll live. 
10) What is your favorite movie?
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. In case you didn't know, it's a 1989 movie (I love 80's movies SO MUCH) about 2 guys who are besties and total idiots. They're about to fail history and flunk out of school, and if they do, Ted gets sent to military school and they can never start their band. In the future, their music has caused complete peace and happiness, so a guy named Rufus is sent back in time with a time machine to help the guys pass their final history report. It's completely stupid humor and I absolutely love it (Favorite quote- Teacher: "Ted, who was Joan of Arc?" Ted: "Uhhh... Noah's wife?"). Fun fact, this movie is also where the "conspiracy Keanu" meme comes from. And I can even tell you the exact moment it's a screenshot of. Bill and Ted are in England, trying to escape knights who are chasing them. Bill is trying to get the time machine to work, and Ted sees that the knights are closing in on them.

11) What is your dream vacation?
Going to Orlando and getting Disney and Universal all to myself. BEST. VACATION. EVER.

12) List six things you love about yourself.
- I really love that I don't have to try super hard to do well at school, even now in college. I understand things really quickly.
- I love my taste in music. It seems really obvious, but I just think I have the most perfect music taste ever. 
-I love that I'm different. I don't want to be like everyone else.
- I love that I've made the decision not to drink, because if I wasn't so resolute in my decision, there have been way too many opportunities to be pulled into that.
- I love my eyes. They're brown, but they're a goldeny brown and I have a freckle in my right eye. So far, I've only met one other person who has a freckle in their eye, and she happens to have the same color eyes as me, and have it in the exact same place. And she also happens to be my best friend. :)
- I love my birthmark. I've never seen it, because it's on the back of my neck, but it's shaped like a pawprint and it runs in my family.

13) What do you look for in a relationship?
I think at this point, I have a bit of a better idea what I want. My last relationship was a year and a half, but it ended really badly and we never talk now. I've realized that dating someone as stubborn as myself is a bad idea. I also know that I couldn't date anyone controlling because I'm pretty independent and don't like being told what to do. I've also realized in the past few months that my ex didn't really respect me as much as I thought. I would set boundaries and he would break them. He'd apologize and feel bad, but he still broke them, and it happened more often than most accidents. So respect for me and my boundaries is a big one. The same religious beliefs is also a big thing because religion is a big part of my life and relates to most things that I do, so if a guy didn't at least respect (aha that word again) my beliefs behind my actions, it would be a no-go.
On a more lighthearted note, I like funny and sweet guys. And though my celebrity crushes all kinda have a similar punk look (Alex Gaskarth, Dan Howell, Kellin Quinn, etc), in my real everyday life, I don't really have a 'type'. If you look at all the guys I've dated, they have more in common as far as personality than looks. 

14) What is your favorite book?
My favorite book series is Harry Potter. But as far as stand-alone books, I have 3 favorites. 
-And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
-Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
-All-American Girl by Meg Cabot

15) Do you want to have kids in the future?
Quite honestly, no. I don't really like kids. I'm sorry, but I don't see how babies are cute. I just don't. Kids are annoying. And they're incredibly painful to give birth to. They're expensive, and I just don't think I want to bring a child that I wouldn't even want into this messed up world. Having said that, if I ended up actually having a child, I would try my best to take care of him/her and be a good mom. But I just don't want to go down that road. 
16) Name three people who inspire you.
Tom Fletcher- he's an amazing musician and I just love him. 
Dan Levitin- He's a rock musician/producer turned cognitive psychologist and I have a lot in common with him as far as what I want to study.
Hunter Hayes- When he was 19, he released a CD. On that CD, he wrote/co-wrote every single song, played every single instrument on every song, did all vocals, and co-produced the CD. And he's been playing instruments and writing music pretty much since he was born. I'm just insanely impressed by his talent.

17) What is your favorite quote?
A single favorite quote? What about a saying? "Que sera, sera" What will be, will be.

18) Life experiences or materialistic things?
Life experiences, of course.

19) Favorite lyric from a song?
This is a very hard question to answer because I listen to way too much music.
"Manage me, I'm a mess. Turn a page, I'm a book, half unread.... maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year, and I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere, and this is my reaction to everything I fear, 'cause I've been going crazy I don't wanna waste another minute here"

20) Tell a story of a life-changing experience.
Hmm... I hate to be a party pooper, but I really can't think of any life-changing experiences I've had...

21) Have a follower ask you a question about anything and answer truthfully.
Erm... That's difficult because I'm not on tumblr, so I just found a random question generator.
"What is your favorite drink?"
Dr. Pepper. I'm kinda an addict. You think that's an exaggeration, but it really isn't :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you thought of my posts, so feel free to let me know!